Injury Report: Pageau injury (upd: recovering well)

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
Cheesiest wedding video ever?
i mean if i get to photograph a wedding thats exactly what i give them. a shot of every scene in that video.
im kinda blown away how i just ... not doing this myself more lol. ive seen the idea before but i think its a beautiful video that its fun to watch. (instead of pulling your album)

anyways. im here rethinking my shitty life. but congrats to Pageau huhuh.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
i mean if i get to photograph a wedding thats exactly what i give them. a shot of every scene in that video.
im kinda blown away how i just ... not doing this myself more lol. ive seen the idea before but i think its a beautiful video that its fun to watch. (instead of pulling your album)

anyways. im here rethinking my ****ty life. but congrats to Pageau huhuh.

You want to make wedding videos as your career?

Never too late to follow your passions, my dude. Live your best life.

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
He's an immensly popular local francophone boy. And he's a legit awesome third line center.

Unless he loses a step or something after the injury or has ludicrous contract demands I'd be surprised to see the Sens move pageau
Fair enough. I wouldn't want him to go in the perfect world, but when you're ballin' on a small budget like the Sens are, you have no choice but to lose players you'd otherwise keep as we've seen.

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon

Biggest regret about my wedding is only hiring a photographer. What I would give to have videos from that day and it's always the advice I give to others getting married.

Reactions: Silencio

branch

#GirlBoss #Vibes
Jan 12, 2008

My buddy does this as an independent guy. He is really good, and I think he makes like 2500$ per wedding. I don't even know if he advertises he might be word of mouth, but he is consistently busy.

Crosside

Aug 1, 2018
If Pageau skate with the team every time or is just one time last week at new-york

CTC

Oct 9, 2014
He's an immensly popular local francophone boy. And he's a legit awesome third line center.

Unless he loses a step or something after the injury or has ludicrous contract demands I'd be surprised to see the Sens move pageau

This, he basically is our Sens connection over on our side of the river, he is from here, it be bad PR to move him with trying to build the fanbase with francophones, especially given he torches their biggest French rival up the 50.

Engineer

Rustled your jimmies
Dec 23, 2013
Biggest regret about my wedding is only hiring a photographer. What I would give to have videos from that day and it's always the advice I give to others getting married.
No videographers at my wedding and we requested all guests to not record the ceremony.

No regrets at all, videos alter your memory of the wedding and just having the memories is what we wanted.

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
No videographers at my wedding at we requested all guests to not record.

No regrets at all.
Ya, different strokes I guess.

There is an element of too much of a need for preservation sometimes and some things can just be memories, but I think I would have liked to re-visit that day in particular. We've lost a few family members since then too, so there's always that element of seeing them in action.

Reactions: coladin

CTC

Oct 9, 2014
No videographers at my wedding and we requested all guests to not record the ceremony.

No regrets at all, videos alter your memory of the wedding and just having the memories is what we wanted.

Any particular reason why, if you don't mind me asking? I've never been married but I would like the idea of all friends and family who took video to upload them into a cloud folder for us. Lots of 4k cameras in people pockets now a days.
A professional video like this as well seems like as solid memory to have if you can afford it.

Reactions: coladin

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
This, he basically is our Sens connection over on our side of the river, he is from here, it be bad PR to move him with trying to build the fanbase with francophones, especially given he torches their biggest French rival up the 50.

He is very good defensively too, exactly the teams current issue.

Barn weddings are definitely the fad for the past few years. I mean I don’t hate em or anything but it’s very trendy right now.

And I just picture some of these people with farms way over charging them city slickers for the wedding!

I went to a wedding at that venue this summer it was unreal.

Cheesiest wedding video ever?

Really? I mean to each is their own but just seems like an unnecessary comment.

Engineer

Rustled your jimmies
Dec 23, 2013
Really? I mean to each is their own but just seems like an unnecessary comment.
Why is it unnecessary? It's an observation on a video that was posted to a discussion board.

The video is completely over produced, has every cliche lighting and video effect you can think of, has a scene of the DJ scratching the record, it's completely cheesy from start to finish.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Why is it unnecessary? It's an observation on a video that was posted to a discussion board.

The video is completely over produced, has every cliche lighting and video effect you can think of, has a scene of the DJ scratching the record, it's completely cheesy from start to finish.

Well it has nothing to do with hockey and its a video that the Pageaus obviously are fond of on a very special day for both of them. Just seems like you are hating for the sake of it. Take the high road.

Engineer

Rustled your jimmies
Dec 23, 2013
Any particular reason why, if you don't mind me asking? I've never been married but I would like the idea of all friends and family who took video to upload them into a cloud folder for us. Lots of 4k cameras in people pockets now a days.
A professional video like this as well seems like as solid memory to have if you can afford it.
There were a few reasons that made us come to that decision:
  1. We didn't want 100 cameras pointed at us when we were already paying a professional photographer to take pictures of the ceremony
  2. We wanted people to pay attention to the actual ceremony, rather than searching for that perfect angle/shot/video etc on their phone/camera and focusing on a gadget.
  3. Ever sat behind somebody who keeps standing up to get a shot or video at a wedding? We just informed people we had a professional photographer attending and we would make the pictures available to anybody that wanted them
  4. The reason we decided on no wedding video was that we wanted the actual experience of the wedding to remain a memory and not have our memories altered by a video later on, that one is just a subjective opinion that some people will scoff at and others will understand.
People were free to take pictures/videos at the reception, just the ceremony we requested people not to.

Engineer

Rustled your jimmies
Dec 23, 2013
Well it has nothing to do with hockey
Well, the video has nothing to do with hockey in the first place.

The thing about cheese factor is it is subjective, that was my opinion, I'm sure the Pageaus and other attendees completely disagree with me.

CTC

Oct 9, 2014
There were a few reasons that made us come to that decision:
  1. We didn't want 100 cameras pointed at us when we were already paying a professional photographer to take pictures of the ceremony
  2. We wanted people to pay attention to the actual ceremony, rather than searching for that perfect angle/shot/video etc on their phone/camera and focusing on a gadget.
  3. Ever sat behind somebody who keeps standing up to get a shot or video at a wedding? We just informed people we had a professional photographer attending and we would make the pictures available to anybody that wanted them
  4. The reason we decided on no wedding video was that we wanted the actual experience of the wedding to remain a memory and not have our memories altered by a video later on, that one is just a subjective opinion that some people will scoff at and others will understand.
People were free to take pictures/videos at the reception, just the ceremony we requested people not to.

I can respect that, I completely agree during the ceremony, I would imagine that that is a given, but people these days. I had the #3 issue at my daughters singing group performance, I went up to the balcony where I could see uninterrupted from all the parents with their hands in the air with phablets and tablets...like really...as for #4...you may have wanted that video so you have some defense of your actions when the wife brings this up in 30 years lol.

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
You want to make wedding videos as your career?

Never too late to follow your passions, my dude. Live your best life.

no. im a photographer. i hate doing weddings.
i just was very impressed with this video.... lol.
i think ill start looking into it too.... (as if i had the money)

Reactions: BonkTastic

Engineer

Rustled your jimmies
Dec 23, 2013
I can respect that, I completely agree during the ceremony, I would imagine that that is a given, but people these days. I had the #3 issue at my daughters singing group performance, I went up to the balcony where I could see uninterrupted from all the parents with their hands in the air with phablets and tablets...like really...as for #4...you may have wanted that video so you have some defense of your actions when the wife brings this up in 30 years lol.
Trust me, it isn't a given, I've been to a few weddings in the last couple of years where everyone is going up the aisle to get that perfect shot :laugh:

It was actually my wifes idea not to have a videographer! So no worries there

edit/ An example was a wedding of a good friend of mine, he is Argentinian so had all of his Spanish relatives from Argentina visiting for the wedding. They made it clear in English and Spanish that there are no cameras for the ceremony. Yet, at the first kiss, there were probably 10 people all standing about 10 feet from the wedding party up in front of all the other guests with their phone/tablet/camera all taking pictures, all of them Argentinian relatives. Apparently after they said they must have missed the rule because it wasn't said in Spanish! (It was). The couple laughs about it now, but it's a funny example of how people want to photograph like crazy (and ignore the wishes of the couple getting married :thumbd:)

Last edited:

Egg

Sep 3, 2007
I don't think it's ideal for management, but if they continue to try to shed payroll by trading vets away as I think most expect they will, then he is a front runner to be a casualty based on his contract situation and the youth at Center coming

Well, I think they won't as he is like trading a Chris Neil type in his prime.

He is a hard player to replace with what he brings to the table.

I only look at positives as a fan. Watching hockey for me is fun.

Will be very hard for management to answer the bell for poor trades like that unless you get good things in return.

I don't see it happening.

OD99

Oct 13, 2012
Tough injury to bounce back from right away but he really will help our depth a ton.

Hope he doesn't have any setbacks and just slide in as #3 C to start...big plus for our PK too.

ToastrStutzle

Feb 1, 2016
Ottawa
Even in the non-contact jersey, I can't imagine he'll be back before February. This is going purely off my understanding of how severe an achilles tear is. Would love to be wrong of course.

Just the fact that he's skating in a contact jersey right now is incredible.

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
Tough injury to bounce back from right away but he really will help our depth a ton.

Hope he doesn't have any setbacks and just slide in as #3 C to start...big plus for our PK too.

We were worried about C depth this year, but Duchene, White, JGP, Tierney down the middle is pretty good.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad