NFL: Packers hire Matt LaFleur as their new head coach

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Interesting. I don't think anyone knows if he'll be a good HC or not. He has been getting hype for being a Shanahan/McVay guy and was supposed to turn the Titans offense around but they still weren't very good. You probably can't judge him based on that one situation though and now he goes from Mariota to Rodgers.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Titans OC doesn't look flashy, but he was previously with the Rams and Falcons before that.

Hoverhand

Barry Trotzky
Dec 6, 2015
Ontario
People are being way too hard on him for his year in Tennessee. He had a subpar receiving core and Blaine Gabbert at the end of the season, still managed to get a great season out of Derrick Henry.
He's supposedly a QB whisperer with his time in Washington, Atlanta, and LA to show for that.

Both of these things bode well for Aaron Rodgers and Aaron Jones, while the rumour is he's keeping Pettine on which is great news.

As long as he fires Philbin (OC) and Zook (Special Teams) while retaining Mike Pettine (DC) and Joe Whitt Jr. (CB coach) ill be a happy Packers fan.

JetsWillFly4Ever

PLAY EHLERS 20 MIN A NIGHT
May 21, 2011
Winnipeg MB.
I wouldn't judge him too harshly off of the Titans season, Mariota was banged up all year, lost Walker early and basically had no real weapons other than that.

Sports Enthusiast

Not Here To Be Liked
Sep 19, 2010
Middle of nowhere
You could say that Andy Reid has proved this year he didn't need Matt Nagy & Doug Pederson, yet they are still great coaches.

Are they or is it situational? Bears have a great D and a run game with a mobile QB. They have a good formula. I'm still not sold on Philadelphia. They are VERY FORTUNATE to be here. The NFC at the tippy top is solid. I would even throw Seattle in that group. Beyond that I think they are all average at best. The Eagles got a lot of help. The Panthers full on collapsed, Alex Smith broke his leg, Kirk Cousin can't win primetime games. I think if he were a better coach that team would focus on football more than running their mouths off the field. If they were that good they would have won the division. Big Game Kirk deserves a thank you card for saving them from a media snowstorm.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad