Signing(s): Packers extend Aaron Rodgers to a mega deal

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
As a Packers fan obviously I would love another title (especially the year we went 15-1....) but at the end of the day if the Rodgers era finishes with only one i will be fine with that. Thompsons penny pinching is partly to blame.

it would be disappointing if Rodgers only just plays in that 1 Super Bowl. if you look at his division, the Bears haven't had much at QB over the years. Detroit, Stafford is good, but for whatever reason his record against winning teams is terrible. And Minny, they also haven't had good consistent play at QB until last year. Big gap between Culpepper in his prime to what Keenum gave them last year.

So, not as if the Pack have had to battle another top team throughout the Rodgers era in their division on a year in year out basis. But, the NFC has been stronger overall than the AFC, so even winning the division doesn't guarantee a 1st round bye.

Sports Enthusiast

Not Here To Be Liked
Sep 19, 2010
Middle of nowhere
Why doesnt McCarthy ever get the blame for maybe being the luckiest coach of all time? Goes from one hall of fame QB to another. They have only made and won 1 title. I would blame him before Thompson. I also think spending the last decade drafting on defense and having almost none of them pan out hasnt helped. If they hadn't won that title in 2010 Thompson anf McCarthy would already be gone.

Sports Enthusiast

Not Here To Be Liked
Sep 19, 2010
Middle of nowhere
Sounds like a whole lot of whatabousim from the resident village idiot.

Also a Bills fan telling a Packer to enjoy not winning another title. My sides.

I'm not really a Bills fan, I just live within the market and if its the choice of watching the obnoxious NYC teams and them on Sunday's i'd rather watch them. Only turn on the jersey teams if they are losing their game.

Sports Enthusiast

Not Here To Be Liked
Sep 19, 2010
Middle of nowhere
Beyond excited.

I never had any doubt he'd leave but you can never be certain. Probably the only player who deserves 30 million+... its a shame there still 4 QBs within 5-7 million of his salary.

The crazy part is he's due EIGHTY million by St Pattys day next year. 67 of that he gets before NYE I believe.

Still could leave, this deal is just a 3 year evaluation

Reactions: VickAshley

AdmiralsFan24

Mar 22, 2011
Wisconsin
They have all been hurt a time or another, especially the last couple of years. Cobb has been hurt,Jones when with them got hurt. Two years ago they had to make Jannis a recieving target.

I mean, yeah, it's a high contact position with a higher than average risk for concussions and things like sprained ankles. Jones played with the Packers for 8 seasons and played all 16 games 6 times, 14 once and 10 another (his second season.)

And yeah they had to make Janis a receiving target. That was when Nelson tore his ACL, Montgomery hurt his ankle, Adams hurt his knee and missed one playoff game and Cobb punctured his lung during that playoff game because he was mic'd up. That's the only reason Janis was playing and literally the only time they've been shorthanded at receiver other than the usual ankle sprain type things that pretty much every receiver gets over the course of a season.

Reactions: Voight

New Jersey

(pacmanghost x) sad again
Sep 7, 2009
*intro to the sopranos*
twitter.com
Money deserved? Sure. They suck without him, sure, but they still won;t win it. They have a piss poor D. The only team in their division they are better than is Detroit. The Bears have the better team, the packers have the QB. They have a swiss cheese defense and the organization is made of cheese, they get hurt so easily.

this aged brilliantly :handclap:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad