News Article: Pacioretty update

Shutdown

Sep 7, 2009
Montreal
Really? I suppose you think that we all drive BMWs and wear sweaters tied carefully around our necks, as well.

If you took even the slightest offense to my statement i'm sorry. because it was truly a terrible thing to say. must've been hard for you to read those words. they cut like a knife.

CTHabsfan

Jul 28, 2007
If you took even the slightest offense to my statement i'm sorry. because it was truly a terrible thing to say. must've been hard for you to read those words. they cut like a knife.

I'm sure that you would appreciate it if someone were to post some idiotic stereotypes about people from Montreal.

Dr Gonzo

#1 Jan Bulis Fan
Dec 13, 2009
Bat Country
I'm sure that you would appreciate it if someone were to post some idiotic stereotypes about people from Montreal.

They wear too much cologne and eat too much smoked meat.

True story.

I hope I don't get excommunicated for my crimes against humanity.

yoyo999

May 24, 2012
Interesting little read. What I got out of the article is that it really showed the difference in how serious athletics is taken in the US compared to Canada.

Max Pacioretty's idol was the captain of his local High School team. How many people here can name their High School team? Had ever been to a game as a youth and didn't even attend the school, let alone know who the captain was when you were a kid?

If you asked most young Canadians who their favourite hockey player was it would be an NHL'er. Maybe a CHL player, but that's even puhsing it.

Nothing wrong with admiring a H.S. player, I just thought it was very different.

Myron Gaines*

Have you ever played it? I did in sec 5 in high school. Holy ****, is lacrosse ever fun!

I used to put the ball on the ground and handle it like a puck. It was the only way I could be effective, I was horrible at it.

CTHabsfan

Jul 28, 2007
Interesting little read. What I got out of the article is that it really showed the difference in how serious athletics is taken in the US compared to Canada.

Max Pacioretty's idol was the captain of his local High School team. How many people here can name their High School team? Had ever been to a game as a youth and didn't even attend the school, let alone know who the captain was when you were a kid?

If you asked most young Canadians who their favourite hockey player was it would be an NHL'er. Maybe a CHL player, but that's even puhsing it.

Nothing wrong with admiring a H.S. player, I just thought it was very different.

No, that's just Max being Max. Most kids in the US idolize someone playing in the NFL, MLB, NBA, or (to a lesser extent) NHL. Most people in Connecticut have never played, or watched, lacrosse.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad