Eklund Rumor: Pacioretty to Dallas

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
My personal young center would be an 18 or 19 year old who has not turned pro yet. I do agree that Patch for this playoffs and next year is not worth a proven center in the NHL. I guess it depends on who that center, how old, and how much term left on his current deal.
which team has a readily available C prospect? Deals that have been proposed by Habs OPs have included teams such as LAK, STL, WPG and ANA. None of them have a C prospect that they can readily give up due to the way their lineup is currently constructed (aging Cs, poor future C depth, need ELC players) and the fact that a top 6W at that price is not a dire need. Then you add teams like CAR and BUF who hae C prospects (Necas, Mittlestadt) but are not really at the competitive point to make a move like that.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
man some of you people are crazy if you think Patches isn't going to land a 1st round pick, a top young player, PLUS in return.

Martin Hanzal got a 1st and 3rd for the love of God.

Patches is a top player having a down year like that entire team. 5 straight 30 plus goal seasons (minus the lockout year) and some of you think he isn't going to land a bounty back???

Matt Duchene who hasn't been as consistent as Patches landed a massive ton - I expect something similar here as well as Patches is on such a nice cap hit as well.

I doubt he gets moved but if he does, it will be for a shitload more than is being discussed here.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
which team has a readily available C prospect? Deals that have been proposed by Habs OPs have included teams such as LAK, STL, WPG and ANA. None of them have a C prospect that they can readily give up due to the way their lineup is currently constructed (aging Cs, poor future C depth, need ELC players) and the fact that a top 6W at that price is not a dire need. Then you add teams like CAR and BUF who hae C prospects (Necas, Mittlestadt) but are not really at the competitive point to make a move like that.

It's unlikely to happen but NHL GM's who feel their team is close and need scoring on a cheap contract might bite. If they don't, we keep Patch and see what he wants for a contract extension or trade him for sure before the trade deadline next year. The dilemma is do you want extra scoring for the playoffs or not. Are you in on Nash and Kane and the price that you have to pay for a pending UFA or do you want to acquire Patch for this year and next.

Rumors will ramp up even more here... What GM makes the first move vs waiting till the last moment and run the risk of getting nothing. Playoff teams are always looking for a extra scoring heading into the playoffs.

Ajacied

Stay strong Appie! ❤
Apr 6, 2002
Netherlands
Pacioretty is a rental and not having a stellar season.

I’d pony up Shore, Bayreuther and a conditional 2nd (1st if the Stars make the conference finals). If it costs them more I would definitely look elsewhere if I were GMJM

Unspecified

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Apr 29, 2015
Lol Stars fans. “We will give you a 3rd line winger in Shore and Gurianov who regressed this season in the AHL”

Yeah here’s our 35 goal scoring captain at a $4.5m cap hit.
Equally as bad is Montreal fans who think the 3rd overall pick (Heiskanen) who has been tearing it up in Europe can be had for Max f***ing Pacioretty

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
It's unlikely to happen but NHL GM's who feel their team is close and need scoring on a cheap contract might bite. If they don't, we keep Patch and see what he wants for a contract extension or trade him for sure before the trade deadline next year. The dilemma is do you want extra scoring for the playoffs or not. Are you in on Nash and Kane and the price that you have to pay for a pending UFA or do you want to acquire Patch for this year and next.

Rumors will ramp up even more here... What GM makes the first move vs waiting till the last moment and run the risk of getting nothing. Playoff teams are always looking for a extra scoring heading into the playoffs.

if it's just a matter of extra scoring in the playoffs, then why not pay a cheaper price for pending UFA ie Nash, Grabner, Kane, JVR (although very unlikely for him). There's so many wingers rumored to be available and they are all roughly around the same production level (Paciroetty is the best of the bunch though).

If we are talking about the additional year you get with Patches and the price is firm at what you are saying, a top c prospect+1st rd pick, i can see a GM moving on and going after any of the other wingers rumored to be available (Zuccarello, Simmonds (?), Hoffman). The fact that Patches is having a down year (although picking it up as of late), hasn't been good in the POs, and the supply of available wingers reportedly high all work against MTL landing a top C prospect imo. Then you add in the fact that W is arguably the deepest position in the league from team to team and Pacioretty would likely be a 2-3LW on most playoff teams also doesn't warrant the Top C prospect/1st rd pick cost. Teams top prospects are also hardly moved. Turris didnt cost NSH Fabbro or Tolvanen. Duchene didnt cost OTT Brown, Chabot, Chlapik or White. Schenn didnt cost Kyrou, Thompson, or Dunn.

in short, pacioretty is a very good player, good contract, but the oversupply of wingers and no dire need for most teams work against him landing the returns that lots of threads are hoping for. not saying he is valueless, I think he will return some good futures for MTL (1st/Honka, 1st/Sprong something like that).

admiralcadillac

Oct 22, 2017
man some of you people are crazy if you think Patches isn't going to land a 1st round pick, a top young player, PLUS in return.

Patches is a top player having a down year like that entire team. 5 straight 30 plus goal seasons (minus the lockout year) and some of you think he isn't going to land a bounty back???

Matt Duchene who hasn't been as consistent as Patches landed a massive ton - I expect something similar here as well as Patches is on such a nice cap hit as well.

I doubt he gets moved but if he does, it will be for a ****load more than is being discussed here.

But but he plays on the habs therefore we can give our B- prospect and a third and they should be happy about it

Cole4Christmas

Nov 19, 2017
What do Dallas fans think of Radek Faksa? Does he have top 6 potential? One thing that concerns me is that he is a pick from the 2012 draft. It's taken him a while to establish himself.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
if it's just a matter of extra scoring in the playoffs, then why not pay a cheaper price for pending UFA ie Nash, Grabner, Kane, JVR (although very unlikely for him). There's so many wingers rumored to be available and they are all roughly around the same production level (Paciroetty is the best of the bunch though).

If we are talking about the additional year you get with Patches and the price is firm at what you are saying, a top c prospect+1st rd pick, i can see a GM moving on and going after any of the other wingers rumored to be available (Zuccarello, Simmonds (?), Hoffman). The fact that Patches is having a down year (although picking it up as of late), hasn't been good in the POs, and the supply of available wingers reportedly high all work against MTL landing a top C prospect imo. Then you add in the fact that W is arguably the deepest position in the league from team to team and Pacioretty would likely be a 2-3LW on most playoff teams also doesn't warrant the Top C prospect/1st rd pick cost. Teams top prospects are also hardly moved. Turris didnt cost NSH Fabbro or Tolvanen. Duchene didnt cost OTT Brown, Chabot, Chlapik or White. Schenn didnt cost Kyrou, Thompson, or Dunn.

in short, pacioretty is a very good player, good contract, but the oversupply of wingers and no dire need for most teams work against him landing the returns that lots of threads are hoping for. not saying he is valueless, I think he will return some good futures for MTL (1st/Honka, 1st/Sprong something like that).

Cheaper price? You think the Rangers and Sabres are not going to play a similar game with Nash, Grabner, Kane? All GM's that are sellers are setting the price high. All GM's looking to add key pieces are looking to buy low. It's a game and one GM will make a move because they don't want to wait till last moment and might end up with no upgrades.

Tell us... what do you think Nash, Kand, Grabner return if you think it's cheaper?

sharks9

Jan 16, 2012
Canada
What do Dallas fans think of Radek Faksa? Does he have top 6 potential? One thing that concerns me is that he is a pick from the 2012 draft. It's taken him a while to establish himself.

I don't see why we'd want him, I don't think he'd do any better than someone like Danault.

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
Cheaper price? You think the Rangers and Sabres are not going to play a similar game with Nash, Grabner, Kane? All GM's that are sellers are setting the price high. All GM's looking to add key pieces are looking to buy low. It's a game and one GM will make a move because they don't want to wait till last moment and might end up with no upgrades.

Tell us... what do you think Nash, Kand, Grabner return if you think it's cheaper?

Certainly not a team's Top C prospect+1st. Nash i have no idea with his NTC. Kane 1st+prospect, Grabner late 1st. Like I mentioned before, when has a teams top prospect been moved? NSH, STL and OTT didn't give up their top prospects in their recent deals.

edit - I guess you can consider the Goldobin/Hansen deal, not to familiar with SJS' farm system and unsure if Goldobin was considered a top prospect for the team at the time. But i am not sure if he fits the bill for you guys since A) He is not a Top C prospect B) there wasn't a 1st rd pick in that deal as well

Last edited:

Ajacied

Stay strong Appie! ❤
Apr 6, 2002
Netherlands
Pacioretty + Plekanec 50% retained for Shore + 1st + 2nd?

Too much from Dallas?

No need or room for Plekanec.

I think there’s a consensus on Shore + 1st/2nd around here. Shore may get offered a lot in proposals from Stars fans, but he is expandable with the likes of Dickenson, Hintz, Guryanov, Nichushkin fighting for a top 9 winger spot next season. That and he holds some value, being a young, very versatile top 9 forward, capable of 40/50 points.

Pacioretty and Spezza could mesh well together.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Certainly not a team's Top C prospect+1st. Nash i have no idea with his NTC. Kane 1st+prospect, Grabner late 1st. Like I mentioned before, when has a teams top prospect been moved? NSH, STL and OTT didn't give up their top prospects.

Kane: 1st+prospect. What kind of prospect? Don't you think many teams line-up for this and create a bidding war? Don't you think one GM will prefer to see if he can acquire Patch instead and get the extra year? Lots of varibles at play here and there are many GM's selling and many GM's trying to buy.

Janne Niinimaa

"Character"
Sep 28, 2017
Montreal
Devin Shore + 2018 1st + Brett Ritchie/Jason Dickinson is something I would be fine with if none of Robert Thomas, Sam Steel or Gabe Vilardi are attainable from their teams.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017

Faksa already is a solid 2nd line center and is absolutely untouchable. He is developing exactly as planned, and is an excellent two way center. I expect him to turn out similar to Couturier

I don't see why we'd want him, I don't think he'd do any better than someone like Danault.

He is much better than Danault and is an excellent two way center, but he is unavailable so you guys would have to look elsewhere. He is more important to our team than Pacioretty would ever be

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
Kane: 1st+prospect. What kind of prospect? Don't you think many teams line-up for this and create a bidding war? Don't you think one GM will prefer to see if he can acquire Patch instead and get the extra year? Lots of varibles at play here and there are many GM's selling and many GM's trying to buy.
Not familiar with other team’s prospect pools other than the big names to give you a specific name. But certainly not a team's top C prospect. I am sure Buffalo fans will agree with this too. I think he will get similar to WPG received for Ladd in 2015. 1st+Marko Dano and a conditional pick.

On the 2nd point, perhaps, but that doesn’t mean it still warrants the cost of a Top Centre prospect like you’re expecting (Thomas, Vilardi, Steel, Roslovic are some names I have seen thrown around by Habs OPs). There is also an oversupply of wingers who bring more or less the same stuff that Patches does and a shortage of team's in dire need for top 6Ws to warrant that sort of cost (as you have seen from LAK, STL, CBJ and WPG fans).

How much does an extra year cost? Who knows. If you look at deals involving players that are UFA-1 (ie: Duchene, Schenn) they did not return that value. You don’t think there was a bidding war between teams for Duchene? There was a bidding war + hard evidence of him being actively shopped. With that considered, plus he is a top 6 C which are more difficult to acquire, he did not return the top prospect from OTT.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
It gets even better, I’m a truck driver

alerted the Texas Trucking Association. serious

texting-new.jpg

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
Pacioretty is a rental and not having a stellar season.

I’d pony up Shore, Bayreuther and a conditional 2nd (1st if the Stars make the conference finals). If it costs them more I would definitely look elsewhere if I were GMJM
Look elsewhere because a bunch of nothing will not get you Patches.

Jan 21, 2018

I doubt he gets moved but if he does, it will be for a ****load more than is being discussed here.

Pac will get a good return but your arguments are terrible.

By that logic any player better than Hanzal (not that high of a benchmark) is worth a 1st + 3rd at minimum. No different than when nucks fans used Larsson/Hall as a comparable for Tanev's return. Just because one GM makes a stupid move doesn't mean that sets the bar for trades going forward.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad