Proposal: Pacioretty for Anderson, milano, 3rd?

The Wheelchair

Jun 13, 2015
Ottawa
I'm not advocating we trade for Pacioretty nor do I think we necessarily should, but this discussion on whether he or Anderson is the better player is a stretch. It relies on Max haven't a horrible year (for him) vs. Andy having his best year.

Somehow the debating point seems fixated on last year - the only year in the last five the Habs captain hasn't scored over 30 goals. Somehow folks seem to think last year is the new norm for him yet at the same time on this Board folks want me to believe Dubi, Jenner, Foligno and Wennberg will all have bounce-back years.

Absent Bread, Pacioretty would be one of our two best forwards if on the CBJ roster.....AIAEC.
I mean, I don't think Dubi (32) or Foligno (30) will have bounce-back years (obviously I hope they do, but I'm not going to count on it). Jenner (25) might, and Wennberg (23), if the reports of him playing through injury last year are legit, likely will. Pacioretty (29) may or may not. If he returns to being a 30+ goal scorer, then obviously he's better than Anderson, barring the latter taking some unforeseen quantum leap. But that's a big "if." And if last season does represent the new normal for him, which is entirely possible, then I think it's fair to suggest Anderson might be the better player.

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
I still don't know why we're talking about trading for a guy who Torts publicly outed for not working hard enough. Obviously people change(and it was the world cup), but is that something you really wanna take a chance on?

Reactions: Monk

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
Anderson hit 19 0 pp time as a 3rd line rookie and 18 last year with a decent amout of games missed. Kid has wheels and a shot that finds the net without having an odd man advantage. 5 years ago and if we had a different coach sure.

Everyone is so focused on this year and it being a go for the cup year but we need to remember the team is the 2 time reigning youngest team in the league and have gotten better each year the past 3 seasons with Torts at the helm and GMJK having a few years to get some of his guys in and get the hang of being a GM. Make smart long term deals. Dont sink the ship this year to avoid a leak next year...

Inquiring Minds

Jul 12, 2007
Grandview, Ohio
Anderson hit 19 0 pp time as a 3rd line rookie and 18 last year with a decent amout of games missed. Kid has wheels and a shot that finds the net without having an odd man advantage. 5 years ago and if we had a different coach sure.

Everyone is so focused on this year and it being a go for the cup year but we need to remember the team is the 2 time reigning youngest team in the league and have gotten better each year the past 3 seasons with Torts at the helm and GMJK having a few years to get some of his guys in and get the hang of being a GM. Make smart long term deals. Don't sink the ship this year to avoid a leak next year...
Don't sink the ship this year to avoid a leak next year...

Breath of fresh air....what is that smell?.....optimism?

Reactions: mikeyp24

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
Everyone is so focused on this year and it being a go for the cup year but we need to remember the team is the 2 time reigning youngest team in the league and have gotten better each year the past 3 seasons with Torts at the helm and GMJK having a few years to get some of his guys in and get the hang of being a GM. Make smart long term deals. Dont sink the ship this year to avoid a leak next year...

I for one, and I'm positive that there are others here, do not believe this is a go for it year regarding the Cup. While if we didn't have to deal with the Bread & Bob issues most would be optimistic about the team, I still don't think everyone would believe the Jackets would be a serious contender.

The issue many have is if you don't trade Bread now or at the deadline, the chance this becomes Tavares Part Deux is too great a risk to take.

Reactions: CBJWennberg10

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad