Speculation: Pacioretty extension with Vegas

Status
Not open for further replies.

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
7M minimum, giving that much money to someone who hurts a PP unit is a mistake tho. That said he's a good ES/PK player.

Don't expect anything from Patches on the PP.

TheBradyBunch

Dec 17, 2008
7M minimum, giving that much money to someone who hurts a PP unit is a mistake tho. That said he's a good ES/PK player.

Don't expect anything from Patches on the PP.

Misinformation.

Pacioretty is 20th in power play goals over the last 4 years, 50th in points, hasn't played an exceptional amount of PP time.

Reactions: Wo Yorfat

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
Misinformation.

Pacioretty is 20th in power play goals over the last 4 years, 50th in points, hasn't played an exceptional amount of PP time.

Lmao, the guy has no puck handling and he can't make a pass over a stick/blocked lane. Watch him play.

I've been wanting him gone for a year now, good riddance. He's declining, currently he's purely a ES/PK player.

He's also always been hot trash in the playoffs, never stepped his game up when it mattered the most. Same trend whenever he played for the US in international events.

TheBradyBunch

Dec 17, 2008
Agree that he's better but Perron is only 6 months younger than Pacioretty.

True, age isn't really the main factor. It's the fact that he's way better.

Lmao, the guy has no puck handling and he can't make a pass over a stick/blocked lane. Watch him play.

I've been wanting him gone for a year now, good riddance. He's declining, currently he's purely a ES/PK player.

He's also always been hot trash in the playoffs, never stepped his game up when it mattered the most. Same trend whenever he played for the US in international events.

Ah, dang, your opinion and unrelated argument have invalidated the objective numeric figures that I posted.

I guess I should stop closing my eyes when he gets the puck in the countless Habs games I've watched over the years, I can't believe I missed how crappy of a player he is!

You've wanted him gone? That is an indictment of you, not him.

Anyways...

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
Pacioretty, as much as he was the scapegoat in MTL, is twice the player that Perron or Neal are. If you give a long contract, you better give it to the best players.

I wouldn't say Patches is twice as good as Neal but he's younger, more well rounded, scores more and didn't just get concussed by Byfuglien.

Anything more than 6.5mAAV is a bit much for me

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa

This might be the first post i've ever seen where being a good ES/PK player is reflected upon negatively. People usually tear people down for being too reliant on the PP, not the other way around.

Anything you need to justify your point of view i guess, though.

Reactions: MordredGK

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
This might be the first post i've ever seen where being a good ES/PK player is reflected upon negatively. People usually tear people down for being too reliant on the PP, not the other way around.

"this guy sucks! He can't score on the Power Play with 3rd line centers! All he does is create offense himself even strength...good riddance."

Reactions: Starat327

Just Linda

Feb 24, 2018
Patches’ 2 way play is quite underrated. He’s not just 1 dimensional.

That being said, I feel Vegas should go a bit different route in signing Patches.
8m x 5
Or
9m x 4

Overpay him as one of the leagues top goal scorers but keep the term short since he’s end of prime

Attachments

• 5F65185E-40B4-41E1-A632-9A82AB4A64FC.png
    5F65185E-40B4-41E1-A632-9A82AB4A64FC.png
    141 KB · Views: 7

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
"this guy sucks! He can't score on the Power Play with 3rd line centers! All he does is create offense himself even strength...good riddance."

Right. we've heard for years that his selling point was his ability to create with mediocre players and his strong two way game. Now its funny to see someone tear him down over his inability to run a PP.

I'd have taken Max on the Flyers over JVR in a heartbeat, if it weren't for having to pay to acquire him and pay for his extension.

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal

It's obviously not a bad thing but considering he just came off a mediocre ES season (historically speaking he's been good tho), he's not good when he has the puck on the PP.. i just don't think he's the type of player you wanna be locking up for 7M+ long term.

snYfO97.png

Just Linda

Feb 24, 2018
It's obviously not a bad thing but considering he just came off a mediocre ES season (historically speaking he's been good tho), he's not good when he has the puck on the PP.. i just don't think he's the type of player you wanna be locking up for 7M+ long term.

snYfO97.png

Attachments

• D58945CD-FDD5-4D6E-9242-9B9978C3A7DB.png
    D58945CD-FDD5-4D6E-9242-9B9978C3A7DB.png
    141 KB · Views: 7

Devilsrock17

Jun 20, 2018
I don't know if he's going to sign an extension with them for some reason. I think he's a rental player and will test the free agent market to see what other offers there are for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad