RDS: Pacioretty critical of Michel Therrien's coaching strategies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big Lurk

Aug 2, 2013
http://www.rds.ca/hockey/canadiens/la-combinaison-gagnante-1.687211

Pacioretty basically said that Montreal's defensive style of play hampers offensive creativity, that they need to vary their strategies in order to be less predictable by the opponent and be a better hockey club. The team play on its heels and respect the opponent too much instead of imposing its own rhythm and style of play.

Thoughts?

BTW I can't stand Gaston Therrien. I can't believe he was GM and Coach in the juniors at some point.

It's more or less what everybody on this board has been saying for the past two weeks, dump and chase won't work with little players, and that Desharnais can't play behind the net, he gets hammered, loses possession, and cant get any calls because he's just that weak.

Last edited:

FrontierPsyCHiatrist*

I didn't even watch Sports 40 today but I'm ****ing mad at ****ing Gaston about what he ****ing said about Max ****ing Pacioretty.

I'm clearly not Max's biggest fan here, but I totally agree with what he said.

Now RDS can we please stop the useless drama **** for **** sake!

BigDaddyLurch

Have some PRIDE, Eric...
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2013
Principle's Office
...and now Patches will be relegated to 4th line duties & Therrien will find another diminutive frenchman to put on 1st line LW...or bump Bouillon up...:cry:

:laugh:

FrontierPsyCHiatrist*

What did Gaston say though?

That's what somebody posted on my FB friendlist:

Ayoye... J'aime vraiment, mais vraiment pas comment Marc Bellemare et Gaston Therrien - de RDS - critiquent les propos de Max Pacioretty. Les médias nous disent tellement souvent que les joueurs sont conditionnés à toujours donner des réponses vides de sens, des clichés, des 'cassettes'. Là, Pacioretty mentionne des aspects très clair à améliorer et tout ce qu'ils arrivent à dire c'est "Max, parle moins et joue plus." Ayoye.

Cameron Diaz

Nov 19, 2013
Patches will be the first of many feeling this way. MT is done, he's lost the room. Our performance on the ice doesnt reflect our personnel at all.

Side note, after years of lurking ive finally joined HF! First Post! (since SN forums closed im homeless lol)

Ice Poutine

LA POUTINE IS BACK!
Feb 18, 2006
ON MY CHAIR
Would that be Patches way of saying to the league unofficially that he's fed up of Montreal and wants a change? Sounds like it to me...:huh:

MSLs absurd thighs

Formerly Tough Au Lit
Feb 4, 2013
Let me get this clear; I think Gaston Therrien is a clown. I think Michel Therrien HAS BEEN coaching like a clown lately. But if there's something else I could say, it's that Pacioretty HAS BEEN playing like a clown this year. No implication physically, no production... He should shut the **** off, park his ass in front of the net, or at least try and retrieve some loose pucks in the corner, instead of letting Bournival, Gallagher or Briere do it for him. That MIGHT help the offensive output of the team in some aspects.

Anyway, I'm becoming more and more a fan of shipping him with assets for a winger who gets similar production (E. Kane, Simmonds, etc...), but who DOES understand how to use his physical aptitudes.

Before anyone calls me out and tells me I'm overreacting because of a slump; slump or not, I just think it's better to be realistic at this point. This team needs a productive power-forward who plays physical now AND in the future. And I think it's safe to say Pacioretty just doesn't want to understand the implications of this role.

Big Lurk

Aug 2, 2013
And it begins...

Pacioretty isn't wrong at all. What did Gaston say though?

He said that Max should talk less and show more which is not that bad. But the way he speaks is disgusting.

It's just that instead of analyzing the facts like an analyst is supposed to do he just attacks Max comments with non-sensical badly used proverbs. Gaston Therrien looks like a guy who swears he is the top kingpin president of hockey kingdom when in fact he's more Le Baron than Pierre Lebrun.

Is he related to Michel? Because I never ever saw him speak objectively of the coach. It was PK's fault, Pacioretty's now, and the next player who goes against MT will get roasted, by a man who probably didn't finish high school and is rumored to be drunk on the set of a national tv show.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad