Proposal: Pacioretty & 1st RD Pick for Draisaitl

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Would the Oilers trade one of their young top 6 centers for a proven 30+ goal scorer on the LW? After Lucic, it looks like the Oilers can use an upgrade at LW. And it's no secrete the Habs need help up the middle.

hockeyheadlines

Oct 9, 2016
Canada
Would the Oilers trade one of their young top 6 centers for a proven 30+ goal scorer on the LW? After Lucic, it looks like the Oilers can use an upgrade at LW. And it's no secrete the Habs need help up the middle.

No way. Pacioretty plus a first? Who would replace Pacioretty on LW?

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
That would awful asset management for Montreal...

Draisaitl still needs to prove he can score at a high level without Hall.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
That would awful asset management for Montreal...

Draisaitl still needs to prove he can score at a high level without Hall.

Draisaitl is the real deal. #3 over all pick and a center with size that can skate and score goals. Draisaitl will not prove himself playing 3rd line center with the Oilers. He's only 21. I think it's a fair deal for both sides. Both address a need.

hockeyheadlines

Oct 9, 2016
Canada
Got to give to get. How do you think the Habs will solve their problems up the middle? Magic? McCarron is not the answer BTW

Lehkonen and Draisaitl can play LW.

They certainly won't solve anything by trading Pacioretty. If Lejkonen and Draisaitl both play on the wing, how have you solved the middle?

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
They certainly won't solve anything by trading Pacioretty. If Lejkonen and Draisaitl both play on the wing, how have you solved the middle?

Well this year, it's stays Chucky as 1C, Pleky as 2C, and Danault as 3C. If you can move Pleky, then Draisaitl to 2nd line Center. But if not, Draisaitl plays center next year or the year after when Pleky is gone.

voxel

Testicle Terrorist
Feb 14, 2007
Florida

Maroon has played better than Lucic and there's also Pouliot.

Oilers have no need for a LW. RW is where it is weaker. RHD is the weakest position.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Maroon has played better than Lucic and there's also Pouliot.

Oilers have no need for a LW. RW is where it is weaker. RHD is the weakest position.

Maroon and Pouliot eh? RW is not weaker IMO. Eberle and Puljujarvi are very solid!

Imagine a top 6 of...
Patch / McDavid / Eberle
Lucic / RNH / Puljujarvi

voxel

Testicle Terrorist
Feb 14, 2007
Florida
Maroon and Pouliot eh? RW is not weaker IMO. Eberle and Puljujarvi are very solid!

Imagine a top 6 of...
Patch / McDavid / Eberle
Lucic / RNH / Puljujarvi

You obviously don't watch the Oilers. Ebs is meh and Puljujarvi doesn't seem to have the pro-fitness nor pro-strength yet.

Maroon is the best top-6 forward after McDavid and Nuge. LW is much stronger than RW (Ebs + Puljujarvi). While Pouliot may not score, he's solid defensively with Nuge.

I don't know what to say about Lucic.

trick9

Jun 2, 2013
What?

If i had Pacioretty on my team i wouldn't even consider it for a second trading him straight up for Leon Draisatl. Let alone adding a first round pick.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
What?

If i had Pacioretty on my team i wouldn't even consider it for a second trading him straight up for Leon Draisatl. Let alone adding a first round pick.

You are trading the present for the future. Late first is probably not very appealing to a team like EDM, who has plenty of young players.

Draiskull

Oct 26, 2005

The last thing the Oilers need is another LW.
Could EDM use a RW?yup,
a legit #3C? yup
help on D? Yup
Good backup goalie? Yup

another LWer while they have Lucic playing on the 3rd line and Caggiula\Slepy coming down the pipeline? probably not.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
You obviously don't watch the Oilers. Ebs is meh and Puljujarvi doesn't seem to have the pro-fitness nor pro-strength yet.

Maroon is the best top-6 forward after McDavid and Nuge. LW is much stronger than RW (Ebs + Puljujarvi). While Pouliot may not score, he's solid defensively with Nuge.

I don't know what to say about Lucic.

Adding Patch at the cost of Draisaitl is very good trade for the Oilers (with the addition of a mid to late 1st round pick) Your really going to defend Pouliot and Maroon over adding Pacioretty in your top 6? lol. With your logic, the Habs would never trade Byron for Draisaitl because Byron is playing so good right now. lol

Lucic is a solid addition but for too much money!

voxel

Testicle Terrorist
Feb 14, 2007
Florida
Adding Patch at the cost of Draisaitl is very good trade for the Oilers (with the addition of a mid to late 1st round pick) Your really going to defend Pouliot and Maroon over adding Pacioretty in your top 6? lol. With your logic, the Habs would never trade Byron for Draisaitl because Byron is playing so good right now. lol

Lucic is a solid addition but for too much money!

Words whiz by you it seems. Oilers don't need LW help. Oilers don't need LW help. Oilers don't need LW help.

Who cares if Patches is better? Does Montreal need another starting goalie?

McNurse

Sep 2, 2015
We don't need any more LWers, we would use RNH or Dr.Drai for a puckmoving RHD. But Patches is definitely a player I would love to have.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->