Pacific Division Predictions

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
wouldn't the weakest division be the division that will potentially have the 3 worst teams in the league? Montreal - Detroit - Ottawa

Pacific isn't weak at all, it has 8 teams that cause trouble to pretty much all teams in the NHL

also, this same division added Galchenyuk, Neal, Pacioretty, Kovalchuk, and Karlsson

very tough division to play against

those trips to Alberta and those to California are brutal

yup, pacific is deep as hell now. I think there is a good chance that 5 pacific teams make the playoffs as the only locks for me in the central are the Preds and Jets.

Reactions: KingPuckChoo

KingPuckChoo

Go kinGs Go !
Jun 24, 2007
I'm annoyed by the fact that we're all picking SJ to be so good.

Sharks are always good during the season, add a full season of Kane & Thornton and well, Erik Karlsson

it's really not far fetched to assume they'll finish at least top 2 in the Pacific

WHOneedsSOX

Mar 1, 2015
I'm annoyed by the fact that we're all picking SJ to be so good.
I think people are underestimating the addition of Karlsson. We've all heard that he doesn't play defense and have seen the few Twitter videos here and there but he actually does. I've watched a lot of him over the last few years and he's not as bad as people think. Is he in Doughty's class defensively? Of course not. Is he better than Burns defensively? By a mile. This guy dragged Ottawa to the ECF and nearly beyond that. He's a conference changer. He shifts the whole balance of the conference towards San Jose being one of the elite teams. Will they win the cup? Who the hell knows. You can pick 3 teams and chances are you'll still be wrong.

1) San Jose
2) Vegas
3) Anaheim
4) LA
5) Edmonton
6) Calgary
7) Arizona
8) Vancouver

Edit: This was before seeing the Perry news. Move Anaheim to 6 and bump everyone else up a spot.

Last edited:
Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
SJ
Vegas
EDM
Ducks
LA
Calgary
Arizona
Van

The Pacific might have Five teams that make the playoffs.

Last edited:

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
I think people are underestimating the addition of Karlsson. We've all heard that he doesn't play defense and have seen the few Twitter videos here and there but he actually does. I've watched a lot of him over the last few years and he's not as bad as people think. Is he in Doughty's class defensively? Of course not. Is he better than Burns defensively? By a mile. This guy dragged Ottawa to the ECF and nearly beyond that. He's a conference changer. He shifts the whole balance of the conference towards San Jose being one of the elite teams. Will they win the cup? Who the hell knows. You can pick 3 teams and chances are you'll still be wrong.

1) San Jose
2) Vegas
3) Anaheim
4) LA
5) Edmonton
6) Calgary
7) Arizona
8) Vancouver

People really underestimate that his partner is Vlasic

We saw what Drew and ME did during the Olympics.

Reactions: WHOneedsSOX

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
We keep waiting for SJ to blow it up yet it never seems to happen. They keep knocking on the door. Last year's Caps' run probably gave them the idea to keep trying.
I agree, but they are definitely out of time with their core players. It's now or never for them.

kovacro

Uvijek Vjerni
Nov 20, 2008
Hamilton, ON
SJ
Vegas
EDM
Ducks
LA
Calgary
Arizona
Van

The Pacific might have Five teams that make the playoffs.

Yeah, I just don’t see it. The Central is tough this year. I can see Winnipeg, Nashville, Dallas, and St. Louis getting in to the postseason.

MAYBE Minnesota or Colorado squeaks in as the 5th club.

It’s over for the Hawks.

Tough seeing the Ducks finishing higher than 5th with the injuries they have. Maybe under the radar but Kase is a tough one for them. Hopefully, he’s not out too long. Good young up and coming player, like his game.

Sam Steel is a real good young kid to keep an eye on this year.

The Oilers forward depth is pretty poor, especially on the right side. Puljujarvi needs to step up this year and I need to see more than just a sample size from Rattie to buy in.

I don’t think they can be a top 3 club in the Pacific.

I like Calagary except for old man Smith between the pipes.

Tweaked from previous prediction...,

SJ
Vegas
Calgary
LA
Anaheim
Edmonton
Arizona
Vancouver

Probably all wrong as usual.

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
We keep waiting for SJ to blow it up yet it never seems to happen. They keep knocking on the door. Last year's Caps' run probably gave them the idea to keep trying.
Probably the worst thing that could have happened to the Sharks.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad