1. San Jose
2. Edmonton
3. Anaheim
4. Kings
5. Vegas
6. Calgary
7. Vancounver
8. Phoenix

This is the weakest division in the NHL, so a lot can happen.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Sharks
Vegas
Kings
Oilers
Ducks
Flames
Canucks
Coyotes

What I came to post as well.

Think Sharks relatively run away with it and win division by 8-10 points, and Vegas-Kings-Oilers-Ducks-Flames within 10 points of each other, Canucks lil more than that, and Yotes--who are hurting injury-wise already--gonna bring up right behind them.

deaderhead28

Jul 3, 2010
Only one team that matters :laugh: the Kings will place 5th.Kings still have the same issue as years past in my opinion,still need either a top 6 center who can play third line center and score throughout the season, or another top 4 quality defensemen.Will one of the kids breakout and fill one if not both positions? We'll have to see.

GKG

Last edited:

kovacro

Uvijek Vjerni
Nov 20, 2008
Hamilton, ON
1. San Jose
2. Edmonton
3. Anaheim
4. Kings
5. Vegas
6. Calgary
7. Vancounver
8. Phoenix

If we are talking quality from 1 through 8, I would disagree. The Atlantic has two AHL teams in it and a Detroit club that is rebuilding. I do think Buffalo could surprise this year.

1. SJ
2. Ana
3. Vegas
4. LA
5. Cgy
6. Phx
7. Edm
8. Van

...who the f*** knows. If someone gets a major injury or a significant trade goes down in season, it will all change.

Sleeping Dog

Fan Since ‘68
Sep 21, 2013
LBC
...who the **** knows. If someone gets a major injury or a significant trade goes down in season, it will all change.

Exactly, I would have loved to see how the Kings would have done with Carts for full season, but unfortunately that’s part of the game.

Also, a team that everyone is expecting to progress, doesn’t (like last season’s Oilers). Some teams will underperform while others will overperform. Happens every year. Hope we’re in the latter.

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
I had a dream today that we had Ovechkin on the Kings as well and still couldn't score in the games I saw.

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
Anaheim
San Jose
Vegas
LA
Calgary
Edmonton
Arizona
Vancouver

It's actually one of the more consistent divisions since realignment. If not for Vegas, Anaheim wins the division for the 5th year in a row. SJ usually finishes 2nd or 3rd. Kings usually in the top 4. Kings and Flames, if one makes the playoffs, the other doesn't.

Bandit

Jul 23, 2005
Unemployed in Greenland
Only one team that matters :laugh: the Kings will place 5th.Kings still have the same issue as years past in my opinion,still need either a top 6 center who can play third line center and score throughout the season, or another top 4 quality defensemen.Will one of the kids breakout and fill one if not both positions? We'll have to see.

GKG

Does not compute... :)

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
Sharks
Flames
Knights/Kings
Kings/Knights
Oilers
Coyotes
Ducks
Canucks

I think the Sharks are clear favorites. Calgary scares me if their goaltending holds up. 3-7 is a crapshoot.

Reactions: King Trouty

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
Sharks
Flames
Knights/Kings
Kings/Knights
Oilers
Coyotes
Ducks
Canucks

I think the Sharks are clear favorites. Calgary scares me if their goaltending holds up. 3-7 is a crapshoot.

Calgary doesn’t scare me at all

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
Calgary doesn’t scare me at all

I look at their forwards and they have added Neal, Linholm, Ryan and Cnarik while only losing Ferland. They have more depth up front, Jankowski looked good and should develope more, Monahan put up good numbers despite playing through a lot of injuries (shut down once the Shames were out and had three surgeries) and will be better.

They lost Hamilton on D but replaced with Hanifan. This is a loss as far as offensive defensive production, but the additions up front more than offset.

Goal: They have Smith who can win some games but he will get injured at somepoint and their backup plan looks like Rittich who sucked in Smith's absense last year. I am shocked they didn't bring in a Mason or Lehtonen on a one year show me deal to play behind Smith.

KingPuckChoo

Go kinGs Go !
Jun 24, 2007
1. San Jose
2. Vegas
3. Calgary
4. Arizona
5. Los Angeles
6. Anaheim
7. Edmonton
8. Vancouver

KingPuckChoo

Go kinGs Go !
Jun 24, 2007
1. San Jose
2. Edmonton
3. Anaheim
4. Kings
5. Vegas
6. Calgary
7. Vancounver
8. Phoenix

wouldn't the weakest division be the division that will potentially have the 3 worst teams in the league? Montreal - Detroit - Ottawa

Pacific isn't weak at all, it has 8 teams that cause trouble to pretty much all teams in the NHL

also, this same division added Galchenyuk, Neal, Pacioretty, Kovalchuk, and Karlsson

very tough division to play against

those trips to Alberta and those to California are brutal

**correction ok Neal was already in the division, scratched that :)

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad