Confirmed with Link: Paajarvi re-signed (1yr, 900,000)

Ray Kinsella

Feb 13, 2018
It's not even that much of a positive signing. Just your run-of-the-mill depth signing at an expected salary. People are mostly impressed that he didn't overpay or give him the extra year.
Agreed that it’s not a huge deal signing. More so that most everyone agrees on it. As another poster stated: “it’s nice when we all get along”... and then the momentum is ruined by some negative, sarcastic comment.

Reactions: L'Aveuglette

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Agreed that it’s not a huge deal signing. More so that most everyone agrees on it. As another poster stated: “it’s nice when we all get along”... and then the momentum is ruined by some negative, sarcastic comment.
the fact that this is ruining anything might be a problem

Reactions: DrEasy

OD99

Oct 13, 2012
BUT he plays soft!

By what measure? He isn't a crash and bang forechecker but he works hard to get to the net and drives in with the puck.

I wouldn't characterize him as soft at all. The game has changed...battle for the puck all over the ice is what I want to see.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
By what measure? He isn't a crash and bang forechecker but he works hard to get to the net and drives in with the puck.

I wouldn't characterize him as soft at all. The game has changed...battle for the puck all over the ice is what I want to see.
No crash and bang is soft to me. I want to see him separate the other player from the puck with a solid bodycheck, and then get the puck and make a play. No fly-buys.

Last edited:

OD99

Oct 13, 2012
No crash and bang is soft to me. I want to see him separate the other player from the puck with a solid bodycheck, and then get the puck and make a play. No fly-buys.

I think he plays like the player you want him to be - might not be leveling guys but he gets his body in there and uses leverage to gain possession. It is his finish that never translate to the NHL - everything else is fine for a 4th liner...3rd line fill-in type of player. IMO anyway.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
I think he plays like the player you want him to be - might not be leveling guys but he gets his body in there and uses leverage to gain possession. It is his finish that never translate to the NHL - everything else is fine for a 4th liner...3rd line fill-in type of player. IMO anyway.

I like him better than Burrows, but that is faint in praise. :)

For the price, he is ok, but he is not worth any more than that. I want to see some crash-bang types on the roster, preferably ones with some offensive skill, but 4th liners would be ok if they are not defensive liabilities and can play on the PK.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->