OT: PA announcer John Ashbridge has passed away

Captain Bowie

Jan 18, 2012
Gonna be a weird, strange season without the Sedins on the ice and without John's voice beaconing down from the rafters.

Captain Bowie

Jan 18, 2012
Ashbridge hasn't been doing pa for the Canucks in years .
Well now I feel like an idiot. I thought it had still been Ashbridge all these years. Turns out since 2011 John slowly stepped back from the mic at Rogers Arena, as a guy name Al Murdoch stepped in. It's embarrassing that I hadn't noticed this.

rypper

21-12-05 it's finally over.
Dec 22, 2006
Well now I feel like an idiot. I thought it had still been Ashbridge all these years. Turns out since 2011 John slowly stepped back from the mic at Rogers Arena, as a guy name Al Murdoch stepped in. It's embarrassing that I hadn't noticed this.

To be fair they sound really similar. Don't beat yourself up too badly.

Doyle Hargraves

May 11, 2018
They fired AV too

Jyrki21

2021-12-05
Sponsor
To be fair they sound really similar. Don't beat yourself up too badly.
I genuinely didn't realize this either, and someone corrected me on Twitter as well when I made a similar comment (to be fair, I have lived out-of-market since the mid-'90s and have been to exactly one home game since 2001). Their voices are similar.

cc

Feb 28, 2002
So many great memories involving his voice. What a sad loss...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad