P_B's Mock Draft

Ted Hoffman

The other Rick Zombo
Dec 15, 2002
Prussian_Blue said:
Does anyone know how to get a hold of Captain Conservative... his PM mailbox is full.

(Note to self: 3:00 AM HF time = 10:00 PM Central Time. CC has been on the clock for five hours)

P_B

:bow: :blues
You could go into your profile and adjust the time settings to fix that. ;)

Duff88

May 7, 2002
The Dallas Stars select Claude Giroux.

Note: I hate selecting the same player in two different mock drafts, but my philosophy is best player available and Giroux fits the bill. The bonus here is that he also fits the bill of biggest organisation need for Dallas.

Ottawa
is on the clock.

Prussian_Blue

Apr 9, 2003
futurenotes.blogspot.com
Duff88 said:
The Dallas Stars select Claude Giroux.

Note: I hate selecting the same player in two different mock drafts, but my philosophy is best player available and Giroux fits the bill. The bonus here is that he also fits the bill of biggest organisation need for Dallas.

:handclap:

Good pick; I was looking very hard at Giroux at #27.

Duff88 said:
Ottawa is on the clock.

Please PM Heatley15 if you have not already done so.

All GM's: Please remember to PM the next GM on the list after you have made your selection. If for some reason the next GM has no PM capability, or their mailbox is full, PM me and I will post an "official On-The-Clock" announcement here. I'm going to give each GM 24 hours from the time the last pick has been made, and then we will poll here for the pick to assign to that team.

Thanks, everyone. This mock is going pretty well so far.

P_B

Prussian_Blue

Apr 9, 2003
futurenotes.blogspot.com
Heatley15 and Ottawa are still on the clock until 10:00 pm Central Time this evening.

Just another reminder to everyone: Please PM the next GM on the list after you have made your selection, and PM me if there is some reason why you cannot PM the next person on the list. Also, please PM me if there is any confusion about who is next.

NOTICE: I have received a request from another Bruins fan to take over the Bruins' draft if the current GM (bruins8152) does not show up for his next pick. I will let the new GM take over if we end up having to award the next pick to the Bruins, and will let the new GM make the pick rather than award the pick to Boston.

If anyone else is interested in San Jose's picks, please PM me and we will follow the same procedure if Mallard fails to show for San Jose's next pick.

Thanks,

P_B

Prussian_Blue

Apr 9, 2003
futurenotes.blogspot.com
Heatley #15 and Ottawa are still on the clock until 10:00 pm Central Time this evening. I have not, however, heard from him/her today, and there is only a half-hour left until their 24-hour grace period expires.

I am about to leave work and head home; it takes me just over an hour to get there from here, so I will check when I get home. If no response from Heatley #15, we will begin polling for the player to assign to Ottawa.

Thanks,

P_B

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
Pittsburgh is pleased to add RW Michael Grabner of Spokane to the fold. Speed, speed, speed along with skill and spectacular scoring so far at the top of the draft for us. Along with Kessel wing should become much less of a problem if things play out this way. I would give my bottom dollar if it plays out this way.

Transported Upstater

Birko19 said:
The Detroit Red Wings select Cory Emmerton from the Kingston Frontenacs of the Ontario Hockey League.

Prussian back on the clock............

Great pick at #30.

Anthony Mauro

DraftBuzz Hockey
Oct 3, 2004
www.draftbuzzhockey.com
76over39 said:
Just what I thought when I saw how low he dropped in this mock. I really like Emmerton's upside and I have him as high as #14 on my board.

I don't like him at all. He's kind of like a poor man's, lesser Little. He does alot of things alright, but what is that one quality that will get him to the NHL?

Transported Upstater

76over39 said:
Just what I thought when I saw how low he dropped in this mock. I really like Emmerton's upside and I have him as high as #14 on my board.

Emmerton would be a guy that I wouldn't mind seeing Toronto pick if they ended up trading down into the 20's, picking up an additional 2nd if possible.

Emmerton is a definite quality late 1st/early 2nd round pick IMO.

Teemu

Caffeine Free Since 1919
Dec 3, 2002
The Chicago Blackhawks select Ondrej Fiala from the Everett Silvertips of the WHL

(Man, the 4th round is gonna be brutal... the hawks have like 5 picks and I probably won't know anyone by then :p: )

Anthony Mauro

DraftBuzz Hockey
Oct 3, 2004
www.draftbuzzhockey.com
TransportedUpstater said:
Emmerton would be a guy that I wouldn't mind seeing Toronto pick if they ended up trading down into the 20's, picking up an additional 2nd if possible.

Emmerton is a definite quality late 1st/early 2nd round pick IMO.

Why is he a quality late 1st/early 2nd round pick? It seems as though some guys don't get a run through, its just he put up good stats so he must be good...

A guy that puts up numbers but doesn't seem to grow or have atleast one quality trait would be low on my list. Take for example, a guy like Eric Fehr had way less than a point per game in his draft eligible season but he had size and a sweet shot.

Something just doesn't jive for me with Emmerton.

The Old Master

come and take it.
Sep 27, 2004
burgh
Jaded-Fan said:
Pittsburgh is pleased to add RW Michael Grabner of Spokane to the fold. Speed, speed, speed along with skill and spectacular scoring so far at the top of the draft for us. Along with Kessel wing should become much less of a problem if things play out this way. I would give my bottom dollar if it plays out this way.
:handclap: much better than your last 2 rounder :)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->