P_B's Mock Draft

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
well, PB goes first, I go second. I will end the suspense absent a huge offer for the pick. I take whoever remains of Johnson and Kessel. But if someone has an offer post it here or PM me.

cmdevisser

Apr 9, 2006
Chesapeake, Va
my question is: where are these mock drafts going to take place, there was a huge sign up yesterday as well, now we know the order.... when and where are these drafts going up?

Ted Hoffman

The other Rick Zombo
Dec 15, 2002
P_B will be on before too long - I'll shoot him a PM about it.

As they say, stay tuned for the latest...

Prussian_Blue

Apr 9, 2003
futurenotes.blogspot.com
Irish Blues said:
P_B will be on before too long - I'll shoot him a PM about it.

As they say, stay tuned for the latest...

Sorry, all... I'm working today.

With their first-ever top pick , the St. Louis Blues are pleased to select, from the US National Team Development Program, defenseman Erik Johnson.

P_B

:bow: :blues

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
Get used to hearing . . . a lot:

Crosby to Malkin to Kessel . . . . scoooooores! He beat Lundqvist like a rented Mule! Lundqvist did not know whether to cry or wind his watch!

With the second selection Pittsburgh does not hesitate a moment to take 'Phil the thrill' Kessel and begin Crosby - Malkin - Kessel -Gonchar - Whitney power play nightmares for goalies everywhere.

Teemu

Caffeine Free Since 1919
Dec 3, 2002
The Hawks take Toews because we like funny names like Toews and Byfuglien

Riggins

Jul 12, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Edit the first post of the thread and put this in. You might want to change the title of the thread too... and input the names of the posters who are picking for these teams.

1. St. Louis - Erik Johnson
2. Pittsburgh - Phil Kessel
3. Chicago - Jonathan Toews
4. Washington -
5. Boston -
6. Columbus -
7. NY Islanders -
8. Phoenix -
9. Minnesota -
10. Florida -
11. Los Angeles -
12. Atlanta -
13. Toronto -
14. Vancouver -
15. Tampa Bay -
16. Montreal -
17. Minnesota (from Edmonton) -
18. Colorado -
19. Anaheim -
20. San Jose -
21. NY Rangers -
22. Philadelphia -
23. Washington (from Nashville) -
24. Buffalo -
25. New Jersey -
26. Calgary -
27. St. Louis (from Carolina) -
28. Dallas -
29. Ottawa -
30. Detroit -

Last edited:

Prussian_Blue

Apr 9, 2003
futurenotes.blogspot.com
WpgKings13 said:
What's the time limit going to be on each pick?

Plus i like the idea of doing all seven rounds, if possible.

What's everyone think of giving each GM 12 hours to make his or her pick, and then assigning a pick to that team by board vote after the 12 hours elapses?

Also, if anyone wants to take the trouble to make up a list of who picks where in the second round and beyond, I'd appreciate if you'd pass it along.

If not, I'll have to go to the site that was posted elsewhere, where someone has an up-to-date list of who has what picks for the next three years; if someone has that link, please post it here or PM me with it.

As I said above, I'd love to do all seven rounds, if everyone's up to it. I've PM'd all of the moderators for this board and asked them to stick this thread and change the name to "P_B's 7-Round Mock Draft," so we'll see how quickly they get around to doing that. One of the mods is also a GM in this draft, so hopefully he'll see the message fairly soon. I'll check back with this thread as often as I can to bump it back to the top in the meantime, but if someone else wants to volunteer to help with that (if you see I'm not on-line for any length of time), I'd appreciate the help.

Mrs. P_B has some goofy idea that I should spend some of my free time doing things around the house instead of "wasting" my time talking hockey on the 'Net... ;)

Thanks,

P_B

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
Jaded-Fan said:

Crosby to Malkin to Kessel . . . . scoooooores! He beat Lundqvist like a rented Mule! Lundqvist did not know whether to cry or wind his watch!

With the second selection Pittsburgh does not hesitate a moment to take 'Phil the thrill' Kessel and begin Crosby - Malkin - Kessel -Gonchar - Whitney power play nightmares for goalies everywhere.

You accidentally replaced "Dipietro" with "Lundqvist".

Lundqvist will be the one SAVING the shots ;) Haha.

:p:

heygarebear

Blues
Feb 28, 2002
STL - Nashville
Jaded-Fan said:

HOLY CRAP, that's scary.. lol :bow:

Prussian_Blue

Apr 9, 2003
futurenotes.blogspot.com
Bruins 8152 has been PM'd to make his/her pick.

If everyone would PM the next person on the list after making their selection, it would help keep this moving along.

We still need GM's for Nashville and Carolina, also.

P_B

Ted Hoffman

The other Rick Zombo
Dec 15, 2002
Regarding the order for the 2nd round:

Expect that there will be 2 compensatory picks - one to Boston as compensation for Lars Jonsson (picked at #7 in 2000), one to Edmonton as compensation for Jesse Niinimaki (picked at #15 in 2002), another to Los Angeles as compensation for Jens Karlsson (picked at #18 in 2001), and a final pick to Buffalo for Artem Kryukov (picked at #15 in 2000).

The picks would likely be:
37th - Boston
45th - Buffalo
46th - Edmonton
48th - Los Angeles

and all the regularly-scheduled picks fit around those. I don't know exactly what the compensatory picks may be, but that's my guess.

Prussian_Blue

Apr 9, 2003
futurenotes.blogspot.com
bruins8152 still has not made a pick.

What do you guys think about picking for him, to move this along?

I say the Bruins would be looking at Peter Mueller (Everett). What do the rest of you think?

P_B

insider

Nov 14, 2003
I'd think either Backstrom, Brassard or Mueller.

Probably Brassard though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->