P88 and shaft selection.

Clarkington III

Rebuild? Refresh?
Aug 3, 2007
San Diego
I'm looking to try out a more closed blade after using mostly the p92 (sakic) and the p91a wedge. I have an x:60 p88 blade which seems like the logical choice to move to to keep every thing down.

In the process, I also want to move to a lower flex shaft. right now I've been mostly in the 85-95 range and would like to drop down to 75-80. I'm having trouble locating a 77 flex x:60 shaft anywhere other than online. in my last visit to hockey monkey, they only had 87 and 102 flex. I take mostly wrist and slapshots. any other recommendations for a shaft? I may grab an se16 in an 85 flex which is really around an 80 without cutting.

Clarkington III

Rebuild? Refresh?
Aug 3, 2007
San Diego
I should also note my other option would be to take the dolomite ops I have but am not too keen on the blade and attempt to pull out the blade and keep the shaft. I've read sometimes you can do it with just heat. ideally I'd like to save the blade but if I can't I wouldn't really cry about it.

AIREAYE

Jun 7, 2009
keep in mind that the X:60 blade is a tapered blade and it will only fit tapered shafts

kr580

Who knows.
Aug 9, 2009
California
How much do you usually cut down your sticks, Split? I love my Reebok 8K 75 flex shaft. Recently bought a 3-pack on clearance from HM. :) The Mid shaft (75 flex) is 54". Markings say 52" is 78 flex and 50" is 81 flex.

Clarkington III

Rebuild? Refresh?
Aug 3, 2007
San Diego
How much do you usually cut down your sticks, Split? I love my Reebok 8K 75 flex shaft. Recently bought a 3-pack on clearance from HM. :) The Mid shaft (75 flex) is 54". Markings say 52" is 78 flex and 50" is 81 flex.

54" is exactly the length I'm looking for right now. I had an 8k and it's the only shaft I've ever broken and the only stick in the last year I've broken and it happened off the ice when I leaned on it and it had a crack from playing. I'm a little hesitant to go back. I did like it once I removed the grip on the shaft and it's lightness. I don't remember much else from it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad