P.M. Bouchard???

Status
Not open for further replies.

ceber

Apr 28, 2003
Wyoming, MN
Vincent_TheGreat said:
Thats anybodys guess, although he is not putting enough time in the weight room, and until he does he won't get consistent time on the top line.

That opinion or something else?

I've read quotes that Lemaire didn't want him adding weight, just leg strength. I believe that's what he told the trainer who worked with Bouchard over the summer.

He's been in and out since the game with the Penguins due to a hairline fracture in his thumb from a slash. It's still causing him pain at times, apparently. Not sure if that was the reason for the scratch last night, though. Might have been Phoenix's large-sized D.

Bookman

Feb 27, 2002
frozen north
Visit site
ceber said:
That opinion or something else?

I've read quotes that Lemaire didn't want him adding weight, just leg strength. I believe that's what he told the trainer who worked with Bouchard over the summer.

He's been in and out since the game with the Penguins due to a hairline fracture in his thumb from a slash. It's still causing him pain at times, apparently. Not sure if that was the reason for the scratch last night, though. Might have been Phoenix's large-sized D.

I saw that quote from Lemaire as well. All I know is that the few time I've seen the Wild play this season, Bouchard has been one of the most exciting players on the ice. Lemaire's philosophy with the young guys is to put them in a position to succeed; I've noticed that often when Johnson is in the line up, Bouchard is not, so it may be that big D you alluded to.

ceber

Apr 28, 2003
Wyoming, MN
Bookman said:
All I know is that the few time I've seen the Wild play this season, Bouchard has been one of the most exciting players on the ice.

I'm always glad to see him in the line-up, but I've got to admit I do worry that he'll get beat up along the boards. He looks a lot more confident this season than last, and seems to be improving nicely. His assist on Wiemer's goal against the Sabres the other night was really nice. Pretty normal looking play, I guess, but I remember yelling something like "Oooh, nice move!" right before the goal. :)

Bookman

Feb 27, 2002
frozen north
Visit site
I agree about the confidence factor - he's trying to create offense when he has the puck, whereas last year he looked like he didn't want to make mistakes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad