P.M. Bouchard???

Discussion in 'NHL Draft - Prospects' started by Sole Survivor, Dec 15, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
View Users: View Users
  1. Sole Survivor

Sole Survivor Registered User

Home Page:
    I have noticied he is often a healthy scratch this season. Any hope that he will center Gaborik next year?

2. Vincent_TheGreat

Vincent_TheGreat Registered User

Student
    Home Page:
    Thats anybodys guess, although he is not putting enough time in the weight room, and until he does he won't get consistent time on the top line.

3. ceber

ceber Registered User

That opinion or something else?

I've read quotes that Lemaire didn't want him adding weight, just leg strength. I believe that's what he told the trainer who worked with Bouchard over the summer.

He's been in and out since the game with the Penguins due to a hairline fracture in his thumb from a slash. It's still causing him pain at times, apparently. Not sure if that was the reason for the scratch last night, though. Might have been Phoenix's large-sized D.

4. Bookman

Bookman Registered User

Home Page:
    I saw that quote from Lemaire as well. All I know is that the few time I've seen the Wild play this season, Bouchard has been one of the most exciting players on the ice. Lemaire's philosophy with the young guys is to put them in a position to succeed; I've noticed that often when Johnson is in the line up, Bouchard is not, so it may be that big D you alluded to.

5. ceber

ceber Registered User

I'm always glad to see him in the line-up, but I've got to admit I do worry that he'll get beat up along the boards. He looks a lot more confident this season than last, and seems to be improving nicely. His assist on Wiemer's goal against the Sabres the other night was really nice. Pretty normal looking play, I guess, but I remember yelling something like "Oooh, nice move!" right before the goal. :)

6. Bookman

Bookman Registered User

Home Page:
    I agree about the confidence factor - he's trying to create offense when he has the puck, whereas last year he looked like he didn't want to make mistakes.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.