40N 83W (approx)
Yep...got us Seth Jones. :nod::sarcasm::naughty:
trouble.gif
;)

Reactions: WubbaLubbaDubDub

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
Was he currently playing better than everyone before getting the opportunity?

Look, I support your position on PLD being a third-overall pick and playing like one and it shouldn't be a surprise. All of that is fair and accurate, IMO. But nothing he did his first camp or early last season indicated he was about to do what he did at that time.

Looking back at that draft thread, I was one of the two posters begging to take DeBrincat in the 2nd round, not Peeke. Wouldn't he be nice to have?

Hire me, Jarmo! (ignore me when I'm wrong though)

Reactions: EspenK

major major

Feb 18, 2013
I haven't followed drafts/prospects closely since the lockout year and the 2013 draft, so I shouldn't bother judging prospects. But draft principles, I will blab on about them.

1. Draft for character people.
2. Remember that what everyone says about character and what they say about each other's character is mostly uninformed speculation. :D

LetsGOJackets!!

Mar 23, 2004
Columbus Ohio
Yep, Joey returned Seth.. we need to remove Viqsi from that trade - I think it hurt/ benefited both her teams

From the Jacket side we are so much better off having Jones on our defense.. and the Preds could spare him due to their fantastic blue line drafting. Win/Win if ever there was one.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Yep, Joey returned Seth.. we need to remove Viqsi from that trade - I think it hurt/ benefited both her teams

From the Jacket side we are so much better off having Jones on our defense.. and the Preds could spare him due to their fantastic blue line drafting. Win/Win if ever there was one.
It's a win/win, that's for sure. I was referring more to the whole "oh, hey, that guy actually turned out pretty good" factor, that's all. :D

Reactions: LetsGOJackets!!

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
Looking back at that draft thread, I was one of the two posters begging to take DeBrincat in the 2nd round, not Peeke. Wouldn't he be nice to have?

Hire me, Jarmo! (ignore me when I'm wrong though)
I mean obviously Peeke is no Debrincat, but the book is still open on him. I'll admit to strictly stat watching but the last two seasons he's had 14 pts in 40 games played.

This season he has 8 pts in 12 games played and is wearing the C. We'll get a firsthand look at him once his season is over though:naughty::DD

Reactions: thebus88

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
I mean obviously Peeke is no Debrincat, but the book is still open on him. I'll admit to strictly stat watching but the last two seasons he's had 14 pts in 40 games played.

This season he has 8 pts in 12 games played and is wearing the C. We'll get a firsthand look at him once his season is over though:naughty::DD

I think he will be a nice 3rd pairing guy, and that's good.

Reactions: WubbaLubbaDubDub

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
Next year having Peeke and Gavrikov along with Jones/Murray and Werenski/Nutivaara we can be a literal brick wall. Makes Savard movable and being a RHD on a good deal only makes it better.

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
Don't you wish they had given Wenny a "prove it" deal?
Wenny and players of his ilk deserve "prove its". Johansens and Matthews types don't.

In fact, if Jarmo had even a moderate understanding of how contracts should be issued, Anderson would be in year one of a 5 or 6 year low cost deal.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Wenny and players of his ilk deserve "prove its". Johansens and Matthews types don't.

In fact, if Jarmo had even a moderate understanding of how contracts should be issued, Anderson would be in year one of a 5 or 6 year low cost deal.
I confess I'm curious as to what criteria you use for determining this stuff, without resorting to hindsight or "I like this player better, therefore they should too".

Reactions: Doggy

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
I confess I'm curious as to what criteria you use for determining this stuff, without resorting to hindsight or "I like this player better, therefore they should too".

Anderson was an obvious 20-25 goal scorer. Long term at his age almost no risk.

Johansen had a 33g 30a breakout season and looked every part of a #1C. No brainer long term.

Cam Atkinson had two consecutive 20 goal seasons and was an obvious long term signing, but Jarmo did his RFAs must not be paid nonsense with him. Should have been long termed.

Wennberg had a very hot half season with many of his points on the PP. He had been given advantages of TOI that few received. Many question marks. Easy bridge decision. Just like Murray and Jenner were.

Jarmo (other than the gift of a contract Jones' agent allowed-Seth Jones should fire whoever his agent is) doesn't get that players are more valuable in their 20s than their 30s (most are on the downside by 32) and that young good RFAs should be long termed.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad