Value of: P. Kane to Buffalo

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
I know that it probably wont happen but...

Kane for 4 first round picks, all three this year and Buffalo first Next.
Nine times out of ten four 1sts doesn’t come close to getting you a Patrick Kane level player in the draft.

Reactions: Hot Pockets

HawkeyTalkMan

Jun 23, 2015
No thanks. Remember the year Boston had three first round picks a couple years back? They didn't exactly walk away with anything close to resembling a Patrick Kane and weren't able to use them to move up

migi

Feb 25, 2015
Add Rasmus Dahlin or Jack Eichel and it’s a done deal.

Yatzhee

Aug 5, 2010
For a Kane heading in to the downside of his career? You want four 1st rd picks? Good luck.
No team is going to gut their pipeline for a Patrick Kane heading in to his 30's. Yes, he's elite, very elite, but he's also on limited time at his playing level, very limited. It's not like he's 24/25.

Pile

May 5, 2015
Chicago
For a Kane heading in to the downside of his career? You want four 1st rd picks? Good luck.
No team is going to gut their pipeline for a Patrick Kane heading in to his 30's. Yes, he's elite, very elite, but he's also on limited time at his playing level, very limited. It's not like he's 24/25.

Not to lend any credence to the proposal because it’s a silly concept that’s been beaten to death, but your take is way too hot. Very limited? What’s your honest definition of that?

Yatzhee

Aug 5, 2010
Not to lend any credence to the proposal because it’s a silly concept that’s been beaten to death, but your take is way too hot. Very limited? What’s your honest definition of that?
4 yrs. In 4 yrs he'll be 35.
4 first round picks equates to 4 years of depth picks, with a multiplier of x2 for development, that equates to 8 years, so Kane is going to play at his current level for 8 years? Because, in effect, that is what you are trading.

Deen

Feb 19, 2010
Kane retires a Blackhawk. I'm almost certain of it. He wouldn't go to Buffalo anyways, no one would give him a cab ride home.

YotesFan47

Jun 16, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona USA
No thanks. Remember the year Boston had three first round picks a couple years back? They didn't exactly walk away with anything close to resembling a Patrick Kane and weren't able to use them to move up
If I recall correctly Boston reached pretty heavily on one of those pick while guys they could have selected with that pick have done well.

Pile

May 5, 2015
Chicago
4 first round picks equates to 4 years of depth picks, with a multiplier of x2 for development, that equates to 8 years, so Kane is going to play at his current level for 8 years? Because, in effect, that is what you are trading.

Fair enough, like I said the trade is silly anyways. It would cripple Buffalo’s future to give up that many first round picks, and the likilihood of the Hawks landing a player as skilled and important to their franchise as Kane has been with those picks is unlikely.

If you’re looking for an undersized winger who remained an elite talent pretty damn near the age of 40, look at Marty St. Louis. I’m willing to bet the end of Kane’s career looks a bit more like that than the apparent cliff he’s going to fall off of at 35.

dk2k

recovering cynic
Jul 5, 2017
Wow! Next do flat earth!

Yatzhee

Aug 5, 2010
Fair enough, like I said the trade is silly anyways. It would cripple Buffalo’s future to give up that many first round picks, and the likilihood of the Hawks landing a player as skilled and important to their franchise as Kane has been with those picks is unlikely.

If you’re looking for an undersized winger who remained an elite talent pretty damn near the age of 40, look at Marty St. Louis. I’m willing to bet the end of Kane’s career looks a bit more like that than the apparent cliff he’s going to fall off of at 35.
It is possible, sure. But as you pointed out, and rightly so, it guts the depth.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad