P.K. Subban Thread - Mk III - Unsigned Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

onebighockeyfan

May 2, 2010
Give me a break. They owe the media nothing about internal matters. You don't talk about another player's contract negotiations.

Maybe he said it for himself. I have no problem with players speaking out on this. Having PK out of the lineup is affecting the team and they are speaking out.

habsfanatics*

May 20, 2012
What do you mean "step up"? He has been one of our best dmen since we got him and is rock steady with leadership and attitude. Gorges has a good chance to get the C while PK still acts like a 10yr old. He called out your baby and now you are all in a huff about it?

Once again you show your hypocrisy by badmouthing Cole after the told Hamrilik to **** while now defending PK. PK's decisions are effecting the team and if you remember this is a TEAM sport.

Good captains call out their teammates in private, not to the media. If Gorges said anything regarding the PK situation he's an idiot.

It's always easier to call someone out when you have your 25million in hand. So far, Gionta, Cole and now gorges have sounded like they lack the maturity of PK Subban.

Anyone who heard PK on Sportsnet should know that the guy is well grounded and was 100% professional the entire lockout. He didn't call out Bettman. He said the samething about the lockout, it's a business and what happens, happens.

It's too bad our lesser skilled, savvy veterans couldn't show the same composure as him.

OneSharpMarble

Oct 30, 2007
Calgary
For 4M he better step up a lot more than he has. Solid player...but for that deal? He needs to add more to his game.

PK acts like a 10 year old in what way? This place is like a salon with all the gossip I hear in here.

Our PK was one of the best in the league and Gorges was directly responsible for that. Last season he made Subbans defensive game look a lot better than it was and had the best +/- on the team. If Gorges needs to step up Subban needs a jet pack up his ass.

Subban crossing his arms and acting like a child who can't get his way while the games that decide this teams future are being played. Sounds like a 10yr old to me.

onebighockeyfan

May 2, 2010
Good captains call out their teammates in private, not to the media. If Gorges said anything regarding the PK situation he's an idiot.

It's always easier to call someone out when you have your 25million in hand. So far, Gionta, Cole and now gorges have sounded like they lack the maturity of PK Subban.

Anyone who heard PK on Sportsnet should know that the guy is well grounded and was 100% professional the entire lockout. He didn't call out Bettman. He said the samething about the lockout, it's a business and what happens, happens.

It's too bad our lesser skilled, savvy veterans couldn't show the same composure as him.

You really have too much respect for Subban and not enough for the veterans on this team. The coach and management have praised the leadership of all the guys you just told lacked any. They gave Gionta the C, Georges the A. I would trust their opinion first, since they actually know the guys involved.

habsfanatics*

May 20, 2012
Our PK was one of the best in the league and Gorges was directly responsible for that. Last season he made Subbans defensive game look a lot better than it was and had the best +/- on the team. If Gorges needs to step up Subban needs a jet pack up his ass.

Subban crossing his arms and acting like a child who can't get his way while the games that decide this teams future are being played. Sounds like a 10yr old to me.

Anyone suggesting Josh freaking Gorges carried PK Subban hasn't watched a lot of hockey :laugh:

OneSharpMarble

Oct 30, 2007
Calgary
It takes two to tango. You have no clue where each side stands but yet you say PK is hurting the team? :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Ya no contracts have been offered and Bergevin is obviously sabotaging the team. Good theory.

In reality though PK is holding out for more at the detriment of the team. Heaven forbid anyone ever said anything about your love child. Let the river of tears flow!

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
What do you mean "step up"? He has been one of our best dmen since we got him and is rock steady with leadership and attitude. Gorges has a good chance to get the C while PK still acts like a 10yr old. He called out your baby and now you are all in a huff about it?

Once again you show your hypocrisy by badmouthing Cole after the told Hamrilik to **** while now defending PK. PK's decisions are effecting the team and if you remember this is a TEAM sport.

Boy are you reaching...it's actually past pathetic and is just funny now.
I won't even address most of your post..10yo baby? Why would I waste my time.

For Gorges, he was making 2.5M. Now he's making close to 4M and doesn't even bring a physical edge. Great defensively, great leader on the ice. But that's not a cheap price. So yea, he better perform.

habsfanatics*

May 20, 2012
You really have too much respect for Subban and not enough for the veterans on this team. The coach and management have praised the leadership of all the guys you just told lacked any. They gave Gionta the C, Georges the A. I would trust their opinion first, since they actually know the guys involved.

Blindly following management hasn't really paid off now has it? Anyone who follows this hockey club should know that incompetent management exists at all levels.

Of course the vets are going to wear the letters, that's the way it's always been, unless you're generational talent, the vets get the letters. Players openly whining in public is the exact opposite of solid leadership.

Marc the Habs Fan

Nov 30, 2002
Longueuil
How can 29 teams gets leverage over one team when they are all fighting each other for what the one team has? Ridiculous, if anything they will be out bidding each other for PK.

Because teams will see the panic coming IF we have a bad start. You never want to be in a position where the other GM can sense you are totally desperate and you are trying to get rid of a guy because his situation is at a dead end. Why do you think we've been constantly robbed in trades for years? Because we put ourselves in horrific situations, either by trading guys at the worst point in time or by not taking care of holes. It's the worst time to make a trade.

It's also rarely a good idea to make a big franchise altering trade during the season, you'll have several teams who won't want to tinker with what they have.

Bill McNeal

Jul 19, 2003
Montreal
Gorges just spent the past few months vehemently fighting for the right Subban is now exercising. He should be proud of his teammate.

WhiskeySeven*

Expect the expected
Jun 17, 2007

Dude all things considered I doubt it's Subban himself saying anything. It's his agent making the moves.

Jakomyte

Dec 14, 2004
Toronto
Gorges just spent the past few months vehemently fighting for the right Subban is now exercising. He should be proud of his teammate.

That and I'm pretty sure one of the reasons Gorges got such a sweet contract is because of how well he played with Subban last year. I doubt Gorges has bad feelings for a guy that helped his D pair be the most dominant on the Habs, and helped line his pockets quite nicely for a defensive D.

Talks to Goalposts

Apr 8, 2011
Edmonton

The reason Gorges's plus minus was better was he didn't play power play where Subban got -5.

5 on 5 Subban's differential is better by 4 goals.

Agnostic

11 Stanley Cups
Jun 24, 2007
Regarding the notion of offer sheets or trades, etc. How many teams at this juncture can actually take on the salary that PK wants. Most rosters are cemented .

Habs are in drivers seat , it should take an eye popping mouth watering trade offer or PK's compromise to get this resolved.

Edit: are we really going to obsess over what Gorges may have said?

onebighockeyfan

May 2, 2010
Blindly following management hasn't really paid off now has it? Anyone who follows this hockey club should know that incompetent management exists at all levels.

Of course the vets are going to wear the letters, that's the way it's always been, unless you're generational talent, the vets get the letters. Players openly whining in public is the exact opposite of solid leadership.

First this is new management and second you have to be trolling. If PK was a generational talent he would be wearing the C right now, not at home waiting.

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
I hate the idea of trading away our young prospects, esp ones that are proven. This contract crap will pass and we'll forget all about this mess...

My guess is that Meehan wants Doughty dollars for PK. 7 years at 8 mil or something crazy like that. Meehan's a pig and this is straight out of his playbook. Once I hear his name I know there's going to be trouble.

As I said above, Meehan wants Doughty dollars. Won't surprise me in the least if this becomes a six year 42 million dollar deal or more...

Nope, it's Meehan being Meehan. I knew we'd have some trouble with this.

So the idea of tanking to get young players who will be cheap for seven years......does not always work like on paper. Toews, Kane, Stamkos, Doughty, now Subban, if a player is really good, you pay the big bucks right after the first contract is over.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Regarding the notion of offer sheets or trades, etc. How many teams at this juncture can actually take on the salary that PK wants. Most rosters are cemented .

Habs are in drivers seat , it should take an eye popping mouth watering trade offer or PK's compromise to get this resolved.

Edit: are we really going to obsess over what Gorges may have said?

There's currently 14 teams with 60M or less of cap usage. So, almost half the league can fit in 4M, and still be good for next year. I haven't checked if there's good young players that need to be re-signed however. But for a guy like PK, I'm sure most teams would be happy to make space. But we still don't know how much PK is asking for. So tough to say.

onebighockeyfan

May 2, 2010
There's currently 14 teams with 60M or less of cap usage. So, almost half the league can fit in 4M, and still be good for next year. I haven't checked if there's good young players that need to be re-signed however. But for a guy like PK, I'm sure most teams would be happy to make space.

I think it's more than 4 millions. If it was 4 million PK would be in the lineup tonight. How many can fit 6+?

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
So the idea of tanking to get young players who will be cheap for seven years......does not always work like on paper. Toews, Kane, Stamkos, Doughty, now Subban, if a player is really good, you pay the big bucks right after the first contract is over.

Well I agree that you can pay bigger bucks. But 4M would be a substantial raise yet still be cheap for PK. So, it really depends on how much PK is asking.

habsfanatics*

May 20, 2012
First this is new management and second you have to be trolling. If PK was a generational talent he would be wearing the C right now, not at home waiting.

Apparently reading comprehension is not your strong suit. I never said PK was a generational talent or even worthy of the C.

I wasn't saying our new management was incompetent either, it's too early to judge, but history shows that there are plenty of GMS who are basically terrible. Blindly accepting everything they do, because they are the professionals is foolish.

I heard the same leadership arguments about the Gomez trade and how Saku was a terrible leader ect. The pros miss and they miss often. That was the only point I was making.

Great leadership doesn't trump great skill. You need a combination of both, but skill is by far the most important aspect of being a hockey player.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
I think it's more than 4 millions. If it was 4 million PK would be in the lineup tonight. How many can fit 6+?

10 can fit 6M. But I don't think you should be so convinced PK would be in the lineup tonight if it was 4M. It's been repeated countless of times that the issue is with the length, not the cap hit. If that's true, than your belief that if it were a 4M cap hit he'd be in the lineup tonight is false.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad