P.K. Subban Thread 10.0 : 'Is today the day?' Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

cphabs

The 2 stooges….
Dec 21, 2012
I thought he'd be signed by now. His father is a HABs fan people! Don't forget where the heart is...

Haburger

Jan 17, 2011
Yea well if Bergevin trades for him, he knows what he's getting and is willing to pay. The problem in Bergy's mind is that he doesn't think PK proved enough to get 5mil yet.

how does he know what he's getting with mcdo and not pk?bergevin can watch tape from games past,talk to ex coaches,players etc. and get a pretty solid idea of what pk is.pk has played more games,is much better offensively and just as big and tough.

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
how does he know what he's getting with mcdo and not pk?bergevin can watch tape from games past,talk to ex coaches,players etc. and get a pretty solid idea of what pk is.pk has played more games,is much better offensively and just as big and tough.

Just as big? PK is 220 lbs now, up 20 lbs of lean muscle from last year.

PricePkPatch*

I thought he'd be signed by now. His father is a HABs fan people! Don't forget where the heart is...

"If you feel you can trust this club, then suck it up and prove them wrong for 2 years. Then make them pay.

If you feel you can't trust them, then ask for a trade."

Haburger

Jan 17, 2011
"Losers find excuses, Winners find solutions"
- Marc Bergevin 24CH 2013

No excuses, find a solution you noob.

ouch!!!you nailed it man.i am so worried right now that our new gm is as clueless if not more than gauthier.i really,really thought the habs were gonna turn the corner with our new management team.

Haburger

Jan 17, 2011
"If you feel you can trust this club, then suck it up and prove them wrong for 2 years. Then make them pay.

If you feel you can't trust them, then ask for a trade."

trusting a rookie gm?and dont give me the"well he was on the management team in chicago" line.cause the hawks now have gauthier on that team.so it dont mean dick.

Raider917

Feb 4, 2004
Nova Scotia
why aren't gms offering up a contract to subban that montreal have to equal? wouldn't it be profitable for a team like boston or toronto to put montreal into salary trouble if they match a offer or without the best young player if montreal doesnt match?

Haburger

Jan 17, 2011
seriously with the circus of clowns we ve had running this team in the past 10 years(dont get me wrong i love gainey,but he made brutal mistakes)what player in his right mind would trust the gm of the montreal canadiens?if i was pk i certainly would not.

Haburger

Jan 17, 2011
ya!!!bout ******* time .bergevin still worries me tho.this whole mess shoulda never happened.

SeriousHabs

Oct 25, 2011
Montreal
Time for some CONSIPARY THEOWIES! 100% of the following has been pulled out of my ... nose?

Alright. Here it is. My buddies and I were talking about this over the weekend, and after many beers it somewhat started to maybe make an ounce of sense. What if all the negatives about Subban were not overstated, but were in fact understated? Many of us have played hockey or other sports, and there is always a kid on the team that no one else really likes. Sometimes, we hate that kid, and the reasons are rarely good. The NHL is probably no different.

It is possible that Bergevin talked to a few key veterans (like Markov, and ummm...Gionta? Plekanec?) and that the response wasn't positive. Now do you want to reward a real headcase with a baller contract for DiPietroish years? Nope. You tell your problem to fix his ... sheet, to suck it up and to gain the respect of others. He has two years to do so, then he is still RFA. Such is life, seniority sucks.

Of course, this is a conjecture. But what would happen if it were true? Well, for one, the head case would want none of it, and he would ask for the moon, or Doughty money. Ain't nobody be makin mo' money than PK on this team, nuh-uh! Headcase. Now imagine that the headcase player has a headcase agent. Oh snap! We have a problem. The agent might even convince his client that he has the upper hand and this affair. RFA? Please, FA is all that matters!

Bergevin has the upper hand, and he knows it. You all should know it too. If he wants to test PKs long term suitability on the team, he will insist on the bridge. If PK refuses, he will shop his ass. Losing PK would suck, but you have to give to receive, and other teams shall give. Who knows, this could be our Kessel trade? Then again, it could be our [Roy, Gomez, Leclair, Chelios] trade!

So, yeah.

TL;DR: There is a non-zero probability that PK is in fact a hated douchecanoe that no one likes and that the Habs don't really want him around. Interpret non-zero as you wish.

EDIT: YEAH I POSTED THIS RIGHT WHEN PK SIGNED. I'll keep it up so that you can all marvel at my amazing grasp on the situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->