Value of: P.K. Subban in the off-season

Soundgarden

Jul 22, 2008
Spring Hill, TN
Trying to comment some of the posts from last two pages. Please remember that the basis for this thread is that Nashville has acquired and extended Duchene and Fabbro has signed a deal.

P.K. definitely is a excellent hockey player but in my opinion Nashville has to move his contract while he still holds value. Trading players is after all asset management and in the cap world getting the maximized value is really important in the long run if you want to avoid full rebuild.

Some of the Oilers deals look tempting to me. Larsson and Bouchard are good pieces but the Oilers need of dumping cap has to happen in some other trade. No way we can take Lucic contract.

That makes a load of difference to me. I retract my Lucic offer.

Jul 6, 2016
Subban for Stone in Ottawa. Subban would attract and entertain some folks in the stands in Kanata !

yababy

Jun 26, 2015
Trying to comment some of the posts from last two pages. Please remember that the basis for this thread is that Nashville has acquired and extended Duchene and Fabbro has signed a deal.

P.K. definitely is a excellent hockey player but in my opinion Nashville has to move his contract while he still holds value. Trading players is after all asset management and in the cap world getting the maximized value is really important in the long run if you want to avoid full rebuild.

Some of the Oilers deals look tempting to me. Larsson and Bouchard are good pieces but the Oilers need of dumping cap has to happen in some other trade. No way we can take Lucic contract.

You don't have to take lucic, but it needs to be 5m extra in one player salary not named Nugent-Hopkins

CanadianPensFan1

Jun 13, 2014
Canada
PK for Duchesne sorta makes sense.

PK is 4th in ice time and there have been grumblings that him and Lavy dont see eye to eye.

If Melnyk moves out Duchesne and Stone, will they hit the cap floor for next season? PK will help offset a lot of that loss.

Im not saying its gonna happen. In fact, I would say its not likely. But it does make a bit of sense.

Soundgarden

Jul 22, 2008
Spring Hill, TN

PK is 4th in ice time and there have been grumblings that him and Lavy dont see eye to eye.

If Melnyk moves out Duchesne and Stone, will they hit the cap floor for next season? PK will help offset a lot of that loss.

Im not saying its gonna happen. In fact, I would say its not likely. But it does make a bit of sense.

Source please.

Flgatorguy87

Jul 7, 2011
East Nasty

PK has been FANTASTIC since he got here off the ice. The Lavy comment is news to me. He has had some bad games and still looks to be recovering from injury now, but he has been a playoff warrior for us and expect the same in a couple months.

GeauxPreds1

Jul 5, 2017
Murfreesboro

Poile will not trade pk for Duchene. No offense but its pk>>>>>Duchene. This low valuing subban is terrible. He's one of the top defenseman in the league. He's taking awhile to get back into form because of an injury. He'll be back to playing great come playoff time. If its the route poile takes to trade subban in the off-season it will be for a good package. Subban makes every team have a lot better defense with him on it and teams will be jumping at a chance to have him on their team. Plus hes very marketable and likeable as well

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
First of all, this thread is based on couple off assumptions happening:

- Duchene is traded to Nashville without any roster players moved out and is resigned
- Fabbro signs with Nashville and shows some promise

Now Nashville has to clear up cap space to be able to resign every player in the off-season and remain flexible with the cap. Adding Fabbro and trading away P.K. would give them that flexibility and while it would give more work to the remaining three of the current top4, the defense would still in my opinion be good enough to win.

P.K. is currently 29 years old, has a cap hit of 9 million dollars and is signed through the 21/22 season.

In P.K. the team would get a leader in top2 or top4 role for few more years. He is slowed down but it doesn't make him bad. He is tough in own end of the ice and can also be effective on the PP.

Possibly interested teams IMO could include:

- Buffalo
- Islanders
- Vancouver
- Florida
- Oilers (only if they clear the cap)

Nashville is looking for picks and prospects or young players still in their ELC. Is there a market for P.K. and what would these teams or any other be willing to trade away to get him?
Too expensive for the Habs.

ottawa

Nov 7, 2012
Orléans/Toronto
Habs will take King Subban back. Greatest defenseman this fanbase had seen in 30 years. Though Marky Mark wasn't too shabby either.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad