Value of: P.K. Subban in the off-season

2022 Stanley Cup

Aug 15, 2015
Mississauga
I don't believe he is clearly a top 5 rhd but I do agree that he is in the conversation. The off-ice value is definitely a factor. The contract can be a good or a bad thing. He will be 30 going in to next season and it has to be taken in to account how much longer he can remain effective. P.K. plays a heavy game and it might wear him down fast.
He's one of those guys that every single team would want regardless of mentality of play. His stats are great, advanced stats are really great, and plays a heavy physical game while being good defensively. To go along with the off ice factor I'd say he carries really high value in this offseason.

Does he not have a NMC?

Flgatorguy87

Jul 7, 2011
East Nasty
He's one of those guys that every single team would want regardless of mentality of play. His stats are great, advanced stats are really great, and plays a heavy physical game while being good defensively. To go along with the off ice factor I'd say he carries really high value in this offseason.

Does he not have a NMC?

David Poile doesn't give NMC's

Flgatorguy87

Jul 7, 2011
East Nasty
Montreal signed him. I swear he was traded a few days before his NMC kicked in?

Correct, but Poile wouldn't honor it.

Poile has given a VERY select few of modified NMC's to guys like Rinne, but he is a stingy one.

EDIT: According to the CBA “if a player is traded or claimed on waivers prior to the no-trade or no-move clause taking effect, the clause does not bind the acquiring club. An acquiring club may agree to continue to be bound by the no-trade or no-move clause, which agreement shall be evidenced in writing to the player, central registry and the NHLPA.”

82Ninety42011

Jul 2, 2011
Abbotsford BC
Canucks.

Benning is known to be a fan + they have the need.

2019 1st + Madden + Tanev?
If we don't get one of the first 2 picks I can see Canucks doing the first and Madden but not Tanev to that's too much. A top 5 pick and Madden would be suffice and I'd do it from Vancouver perspective if we can't get Hughes or Kaapo.

Reactions: Gh24

Homesick

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2005
Calgary
If the Oilers could clear up cap I would offer their first +. The + would depend on where exactly it lands

Spoiled Bratt

Jun 29, 2016
I think something around Damon Severson can be enticing for the Preds. They would get a younger d-man on a cap friendly deal and unload about 5M$ off their cap and Severson would look real solid behind the cast in Nashville compared to the one in NJ.

The Devils would get an upgrade on the blueline, which would slide Vatanen to a more suited role on our 2nd pair and would also give us two solid options on our PP.

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
I think something around Damon Severson can be enticing for the Preds. They would get a younger d-man on a cap friendly deal and unload about 5M$ off their cap and Severson would look real solid behind the cast in Nashville compared to the one in NJ.

The Devils would get an upgrade on the blueline, which would slide Vatanen to a more suited role on our 2nd pair and would also give us two solid options on our PP.
We theoretically have Fabbro capable of coming in to play the #4. Young forward should be the focal point of the deal, not another d-man. If not, just keep the better d-man in Subban or Ellis (cap is not the factor the OP made it out to be).

BleedBlue14

UrGeNcY
Feb 9, 2017
St. Louis
Josi is horrible in the post season. Subban is light years better defensively

I mean outside of last year and 14-15 Josi was pretty darn good in the post season. I really don’t think Subban is that great defensively to be honest with you. He is good at hitting but with extended viewing I’m not a huge fan of his positioning. I can’t say anything bad about the guy in the sense of the way he is used on the powerplay and how it fits to his strengths.

yababy

Jun 26, 2015
I mean outside of last year and 14-15 Josi was pretty darn good in the post season. I really don’t think Subban is that great defensively to be honest with you. He is good at hitting but with extended viewing I’m not a huge fan of his positioning. I can’t say anything bad about the guy in the sense of the way he is used on the powerplay and how it fits to his strengths.

you should pay attn to the matchups. Subban gets all the tough minutes against the opponents top line. Josi paring gets easy minutes. This is why Josi folds in the playoffs - there are no easy minutes in the post season

Reactions: Kaperi Spacey

BatVader

"nothing is true; everything is permitted"
May 16, 2015
Imperial Gotham
PK Subban in the off-season....
640E0C92-F560-4887-A712-784DBB037975.jpeg

Rough life

Reactions: Flgatorguy87

General Disarray

Jul 21, 2016
Toronto
I thougt he had a No trade clause or something? Isn't that why Montreal traded him in the first place? They didn't want to commit to him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad