Waived: P.C. Labrie on waivers | clears & assigned to Syracuse

Glide5

Apr 16, 2012
Tampa Bay
I always loved nacho, but he just isnt an NHL player. I thought he could have had a solid year this year, but it just didnt happen. I'm glad we can open up the roster spot.

Good luck Nacho. I wouldnt mind seeing someone claim him, but he will likely be back at the cuse for a while.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
This also means one of Brown or Kucherov is gonna remain up the rest of the season. Who does everyone expect it to be? I'm sure lot of you would rather see Panik go down but I think he's staying.

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
This also means one of Brown or Kucherov is gonna remain up the rest of the season. Who does everyone expect it to be? I'm sure lot of you would rather see Panik go down but I think he's staying.
There could be a trade or another injury until Stamkos is ready to return. At this point in time I'd in fact rather keep both Brown and Kucherov over Panik.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
There could be a trade or another injury until Stamkos is ready to return. At this point in time I'd in fact rather keep both Brown and Kucherov over Panik.

Baring no further injuries or trades I was assuming. Kucherov had his worst game last night, think it was just a one game thing the Rangers D didn't give him any space. Brown has lots of energy and has been getting some good looks lately. I nust feel if Panik can not make dumb mistakes we should keep him up and put the gun line back together.

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
He is also one of the most popular teammates in the Tampa Bay/Norfolk/Syracuse era, a huge, teddy bear figure who talks big, smiles wide and hugs hard. "He's just such a personality. The guys are going to follow him. He's a leader,'' said Syracuse forward Eric Neilson, one of his good friends. "He's the definition of swag. Our guys need that.''

The comebacks of Malone and Brewer are imminent. At that point, Tampa Bay could opt to stick with the maximum 23 players or perhaps return a defenseman or forward to the Crunch. Players who could be sent to the Crunch without requiring waivers include defenseman J.P. Cote and forwards Richard Panik, J.T. Brown and Nikita Kucherov.
http://www.syracuse.com/crunch/inde...unch_after_tampa_bay_puts_him_on_waivers.html

bov

Nov 13, 2010
Sad to see him waived but he just didn't play like we needed him to considering his role. It'll be great for Syracuse though if he clears.

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
This sets up an interesting dilemma where they will be having to sit Panik most nights unless a deal is made.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
This sets up an interesting dilemma where they will be having to sit Panik most nights unless a deal is made.

I'd rather send Brown down, he's played well but I don't see the upside like Panik has so I'd prefer he played.

Tampa Bay Kiwi

Apr 23, 2013

If Paniks not playing in the top-9 I'd rather see him sent down or traded. I just don't think it's beneficial to him playing less than 10 minutes or being scratched. Give him decent playing time somewhere or trade him.

I'm more in favor of Brown and Kucherov. We already have enough rookies and we don't need one that's prone to making bad decisions right now. Give him top line minutes in Syracuse!

chasespace

Jul 19, 2010
Gator Nation
RDS (Québec's main sport network) posted this "news item" on their facebook page and it now has generated over 400 likes and 300 comments.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...set=a.350153237352.159291.132756582352&type=1

If they want him, they're free to claim him. Labrie seems like a cool, wonderful guy to know and from what I read everyone who has played on the same team as him seems to love him but he's just not what the Lightning need and he was edged out by the younger kids.

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
https://twitter.com/LightningTimes
PC Labrie clears waivers and is sent to AHL Syracuse.
http://www.syracuse.com/crunch/inde...the_syracuse_crunch.html#incart_river_default
"It's nice. I'm pumped about playing hockey,'' he said.
"He hasn't had a chance to play much this year,'' said Tampa Bay assistant general manager Julien BriseBois. "Right now, he needs a chance to play more. I expect him to end up back in Tampa at some point, but that will be dictated by his play.''
"He goes to the net hard. He competes hard. You never have enough of that on the team,'' Zettler said. "I think he'll back D off just because of his size and physicality. That hopefully will create offensive chances and turnovers.''

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad