Confirmed with Link: Pääjärvi signs extension (1 year @ $700k)

Brian39

Apr 24, 2014
I don't see how anyone can be mad about a 1 year deal at barely over league minimum. We aren't in imminent danger of going over the 50 contract limit and he is far from being a liability as a 12th-14th NHL forward. If Yeo's play style brings out the best in him, great. If not, he is a cheap press box warmer or he gets stashed in the AHL and it doesn't hurt our cap in any way.

It's cheap depth that isn't slow (which is a common issue among depth players). For the record, he would be a cheaper extra forward than Jaskin, Barbashev, MacEachern, or Musil. Within the system, the only cheaper available depth is Bleackley, Selman, Pochiro, Blais, Agostino, Agozzino, Caron, Meagen, Doty and Friesen. PRV isn't a world beater, but I would much, much rather have him as a depth NHL player over anyone else at this price.

Borderbluesfan

Nov 14, 2011
Columbia, Missouri
Scott Gomez in 21 games as a Blue had similar numbers and was cheaper, lol. Gomez, ten+ years older was as effective as MPS at less money, plus he did more to help his line. I thought MPS wasn't terrible as a 4th line sub, but there are probably depth players at his price that are just as effective. Different players, different results, but I think MPS has to show something or his NHL days are numbered!!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad