Rumor: Ozhiganov

hockeywiz542

May 26, 2008
Milstein noncommittal on Ozhiganov to Leafs

https://www.tsn.ca/milstein-noncommittal-on-ozhiganov-to-leafs-1.1080311
The Toronto Maple Leafs have been linked to KHL defenceman Igor Ozhiganov dating back to last summer, when head coach and then-general manager Lou Lamoriello went to Russia to reportedly meet with the defenceman.

Ozhiganov's agent Dan Milstein was asked directly by Russia's Championat on Wednesday if the 25-year-old would be joining Leafs. Milstein was noncommittal in his answer, saying only that Ozhiganov will make a decision in the coming days.

Reactions: taurine330

BoredBrandonPridham

Aug 9, 2011
Maybe they’re just just keeping it quiet till they can officially sign or now that Lou is gone he is exploring his options.

Pretty obvious that he’s just been locked into Lou’s come of silence. Probably the same silence Lou likely demands as a prerequisite for any discussion about trades, signings, etc...

lifelonghockeyfan

Dec 18, 2015
Lake Huron
Pretty obvious that he’s just been locked into Lou’s come of silence. Probably the same silence Lou likely demands as a prerequisite for any discussion about trades, signings, etc...

I kinda like the cone of silence. Now will the players be allowed facial hair? Don't know how Lou Rules were ever not challenged by the NHLPA.

BlueForever75

Oct 4, 2017
Facial hair policy is very stupid and old school. Its like an employer today not hiring a man with an earring or nose ring. Times have changed.

Tattoos, rings and facial hair are part of the modern age. All employers have come to grips with it. If MLSE as an organization allows it, their child companies like the Leafs should as well. Its not up to a departmental head to make rules for an organization. I don't understand how Lou got away with it the past couple of seasons.

TimPeel

Dec 10, 2017
I personally loved Lou's no facial hair policy. I like the idea of eradicating individualism for the greater good of the team. For too long the players in this city didn't give a shit about the crest they had on the front of their jersey,

Reactions: Cams

Stand Witness

JT
Sponsor
Oct 25, 2014
London, ON
Facial hair policy is very stupid and old school. Its like an employer today not hiring a man with an earring or nose ring. Times have changed.

Tattoos, rings and facial hair are part of the modern age. All employers have come to grips with it. If MLSE as an organization allows it, their child companies like the Leafs should as well. Its not up to a departmental head to make rules for an organization. I don't understand how Lou got away with it the past couple of seasons.

Or even more comparable to a man having facial hair with any employer (which is still disallowed in many places). Both are dumb and should be allowed.

I am happy that our players should be able to do as they please now. I understand what Lou is getting at but I think there were some very ancient approaches to determine team first mentalities.

saltming

Fan Addict
Oct 6, 2015
Other
Or even more comparable to a man having facial hair with any employer (which is still disallowed in many places). Both are dumb and should be allowed.

I am happy that our players should be able to do as they please now. I understand what Lou is getting at but I think there were some very ancient approaches to determine team first mentalities.
I think Lou did this so Marner wouldn't feel ostracized

Nithoniniel

Sep 7, 2012
Skövde, Sweden
I personally loved Lou's no facial hair policy. I like the idea of eradicating individualism for the greater good of the team. For too long the players in this city didn't give a **** about the crest they had on the front of their jersey,
Except of course that it doesn't actually do any of that. Someone can have no problem with shaving his face and still be completely self-centered with little regard for the team. Someone can have a beard and still have his heart undergo a metamorphosis and become the shape of the crest.

It's just symbolic.

Al14

Jul 13, 2007

There is noting wrong with professional sports teams having rules for personal hygiene and maintaining a dress code for players participating in team events.

Professional athletes, earning HUGE salaries, should be able to maintain themselves in a manner that is respectful of the crest they wear on their uniforms. If management wants certain shaving standards maintained, then, so be it. If a player is too lazy to shave at least 3 times a week, they just might be too lazy to give it all on the ice, or, on the field of play etc.

Professional athletes, earning HUGE salaries, should also be able to maintain a wardrobe that respects the dress code as required by the sports team they play for. If management wants all players wearing suites, or, at minimum shirts and ties with dress pants, then, so be it.

As a former employer, I had the right to pick employees that I felt best respected my business. So, if you had excessive tattoos, facial piercings, or excessive facial hair, or long unkempt hair etc., I had the right to move on to the next candidate for a position within my firm, despite this modern age crap being spewed.

Sorry, JMHO.

saltming

Fan Addict
Oct 6, 2015
Other

Attachments

• IMG_0105.JPG
    IMG_0105.JPG
    46.4 KB · Views: 7
Reactions: Kiwi

Orfieus

Nov 2, 2012
Atlantic Canada
He wishes he could grow a beard that scruffy and disgusting

Been able to grow a beard since grade 7-ish, but I have to clean shaven now because I have sleep apnea and the mask doesn't fit right when I have a beard. I could go the Amish route, full bear but clean shaven above the lip, but my GF HATED it

I really, really miss my beard

Reactions: Kiwi

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
Been able to grow a beard since grade 7-ish, but I have to clean shaven now because I have sleep apnea and the mask doesn't fit right when I have a beard. I could go the Amish route, full bear but clean shaven above the lip, but my GF HATED it

I really, really miss my beard

I don't think I know a women that would like an Amish style beard

I just end up looking like a vagrant when I grow mine out, haven't had a misses that didn't hate it

Joey Hoser

Jan 8, 2008
Guelph
I personally loved Lou's no facial hair policy. I like the idea of eradicating individualism for the greater good of the team. For too long the players in this city didn't give a **** about the crest they had on the front of their jersey,

Oh come on it's just a beard it doesn't represent all that.

I have a beard, not for a glorified sense of individualism, but because my face looks like a baby without it.

Martin Skoula

Oct 18, 2017
I support a mandatory goatee policy. The team's too soft and needs to embrace their evil side. Hainsey had the right idea in the playoffs.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Is this Russian not coming because of beards?

ErnieLeafs

Apr 7, 2009
Oh come on it's just a beard it doesn't represent all that.

I have a beard, not for a glorified sense of individualism, but because my face looks like a baby without it.

I have a beard (quite long, recently cut back from near Brent Burns level) and a full sleeve tattoo, and I work a management position. Worked my way up, the old fashion way.

There are plenty of people who care about petty, superficial garbage like that. It's the last bastion of discrimination.

Yamazaki

Feb 9, 2018
Lol dreger posts some info on the dman and the next 10 posts are about beards.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad