Rumor: Ozhiganov

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Friedman said he committed to signing with the Leafs but nothing official yet.

He had a really bad season from what I read though and maybe the Leafs pulled their offer? Who knows.

Either way, we might hear something soon or after the World Championships.

Spirit of 67

Nov 25, 2016
Aurora, On.
Reported yesterday they agreed to terms. I also believe I saw that his contract in the K ended yesterday.

Means we should get an announcement this morning.

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
Zaitsev has always been better and look how people have turned on him. Don't expect much although I hope they are sure he can handle bottom pair RHD because that would mean Polak isn't coming back

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
Hope he's ready for the AHL.

Doubt he is used in the AHL, because the Leafs don't need RHD down there.

I still think ideally he makes Carrick expendable and becomes the 7th defenseman with the ability to step into the lineup. I think he PK's so he could give Hainsey some breaks and properly replace Polak.

However I am not so sure if he's the only answer on defense if he just directly replaces Polak and does nothing else.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
2017-18 CSKA Moskva - KHL .. 42 games 2 goals 7 assist 9 points.

Do we really want this guy as he appeared to be 1 year wonder and as a previously undrafted soon to be 26 year old by season start?

There has to be better options to improve the Leafs than turning these kinds of stones over. IMO

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
Zaitsev was fine before his injuries. He came back shaky and out of shape and then he got sick and lost a lot of weight too, never had a chance to recover. I hope he works on his conditioning a bit more in the offseason.

People are acting like he was atrocious the entire year last year. There were some rough stretches for sure, but he could have been A LOT worse than he was. For a ton of things going wrong for him, he was still able to put together a decent season.

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
2017-18 CSKA Moskva - KHL .. 42 games 2 goals 7 assist 9 points.

Do we really want this guy as he appeared to be 1 year wonder and as a previously undrafted soon to be 26 year old by season start?

There has to be better options to improve the Leafs than turning these kinds of stones over. IMO

1 year wonder?

21 points, 15 points, 22 points the last three years, before this year.

Apparently some weird things happened at CKSA this year, and Russian hockey fans are suggesting that he didn't get a chance to show how he can play, based on rumours of him leaving for the NHL. I'd say, give him a chance and see what he's got. Worse case scenario, he plays for Marlies, doesn't work out, and goes back home.

Reactions: Drew311

Liminality

Oct 22, 2008
1 year wonder?

21 points, 15 points, 22 points the last three years, before this year.

Apparently some weird things happened at CKSA this year, and Russian hockey fans are suggesting that he didn't get a chance to show how he can play, based on rumours of him leaving for the NHL. I'd say, give him a chance and see what he's got. Worse case scenario, he plays for Marlies, doesn't work out, and goes back home.
I'm not even surprised with that kind of treatment if they knew he was leaving the team in a year.

I think you still go with what he's done as a whole and give him a chance. Adding depth to a position of weakness doesn't sound like a bad idea to me. Possibly a better Polak replacement?
The biggest thing I'm worried about now is how to say his name properly.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->