Ozhiganov next contract

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
1 year for 1-1.5 mill. Bridge him to being a UFA, and by that time, we probably no longer need him anyways.

Orfieus

Nov 2, 2012
Atlantic Canada
Let's see what happens with Nylander before we talk contract extension

Also it is still early, not really sure what we have with Oz

Ziggdiezan

Apr 10, 2015
I think Ozhiganov is only going to get better... A real solid #5 at least...
Ya I would try to sign him for like 2-3 years at 1 to 1.5 million if I could. Looks like a surefire bottom pairing defender with a little grit.

indigobuffalo

Portage and Main
Feb 10, 2011
Winnipeg MB
Zaitsev was being used as a 2nd pairing Dman (still is) so the $4.5M valuation was very solid.

Ozhiganov is currently being used as a 3rd pairing Dman, so I would hope he gets signed at around $2.5M x 6yrs.

I think he’s got a lot more to give, so hopefully the Leafs are able to lock him up long term at what could be a steal of a deal.

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
Zaitsev was being used as a 2nd pairing Dman (still is) so the $4.5M valuation was very solid.

Ozhiganov is currently being used as a 3rd pairing Dman, so I would hope he gets signed at around $2.5M x 6yrs.

I think he’s got a lot more to give, so hopefully the Leafs are able to lock him up long term at what could be a steal of a deal.

6 years?

I've got to give that one a big hell no, a 1 or 2 year bridge Is what i would be looking towards if he stays at his current level

Reactions: Big Cactus

hector morrison

Apr 1, 2018
He has been decent,but not better than Borgman or Rosen. He has different tools than those two and should get better as he goes around the league once!Wouldn't even discuss any long term plans until spring.

Buds17

Nov 29, 2015
Still very early, but he's been a six in terms of ice time thus far. RHD is always a commodity, so maybe they buy a year (or two) of UFA.

indigobuffalo

Portage and Main
Feb 10, 2011
Winnipeg MB
6 years?

I've got to give that one a big hell no, a 1 or 2 year bridge Is what i would be looking towards if he stays at his current level

We want to secure our good RHD. After Liljegren we’ve got nothing notable coming up the pipeline at the present time, despite drafting a significant number of RHD. There are some prospects that could become something special but currently nothing that’s a surefire NHL roster player.

Ozhiganov is easily worth $2.5M now and locking that in should be a no brainer.

People hesitate because too many around here trash the Zaitsev deal even though it’s looking rock solid based on his play this year.

The Zaitsev haters haven’t watched a game since November 2017, it seems.

Reactions: Keon1963

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->