Ownership Commitment to Winning

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
You had me up to when you said to get “Methot” back. Methot is just about done as a player.

More is required including a new owner with deep pockets, a new GM and management team, and a new experienced successful coaching staff.
Cunneyworth was just about done as well.

Countdown0

Deep Breath... nope, still mad!
Jun 28, 2010
Ottawa
Melnyk is about as committed to winning as cancer is to the body it develops in:

It sticks around, it wont leave willingly, it ruins the entire structure of everything around it and slowly kills off its host, and its only 'cured' by removing it directly or bombarding it with radiation/chemicals that annihilate its existence.

Now, I loathe Melnyk, but I don't wish harm on the guy, so the 'bombarding it with radiation/chemicals that annihilate its existence' options isn't the one. Dude needs to be surgically removed from the organisation. Unfortunately, the "doctors", (Bettman and the rest of the NHL brass and the other owners) are either unwilling or unable to remove him right now.

Last edited:
Reactions: billpo

Deku

I'm off the planet
Nov 5, 2011
Ottawa
Didn't know where else to post this, but it gave me a hearty laugh.

giphy.gif

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
Melnyk totally hired this guy to be his PR puppet, and it is backfiring gloriously.

Roszkowski obviously has no talent aside from being unabashedly loyal to his boss. A good PR person would be quick to realize praising the Euge in Ottawa is the least desirable approach to public relations.

Samsquanch

Raging Bull Squatch
Nov 28, 2008
Sudbury
No thanks .. I pass on listening to another Sens windbag

I heard him talking to Mendes today - trust me, your mental sanity will appreciate skipping this one.

He basically killed all of his credibility when he said that our ownership and management were here to stay 100% for sure, and that Eugene's ownership of the Sens over the last 15 years has been a tremendous success (I think I even heard tops in Canada or something to that effect).

Its f***ing terrifying how disconnected from reality this group is. He basically told us what we already know, we have to get over it and deal with it (or not).

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon

The track record is what scares the shit out of all of us.

So glad I'm having a kid soon and can give up my strange addiction to paying attention to this f***ing pathetic organization.

You win Melnyk, but you winning means I disappear indefinitely, not that I buy back in.

Reactions: Rand0m and RaMai

SensHulk

May 31, 2016
San Jose, CA
The track record is what scares the **** out of all of us.

So glad I'm having a kid soon and can give up my strange addiction to paying attention to this ****ing pathetic organization.

You win Melnyk, but you winning means I disappear indefinitely, not that I buy back in.

Funny enough, I too was thinking now is the perfect time to have a kid since I won't be watching much sens for the next 2-3 years...I'm not entirely kidding here

The Lewler

GOAT BUDGET AINEC
Jul 2, 2013
Eastern Ontario Badlands

Ok this one is actually out of the Trump playbook. The only way to stay in his good graces is to get on TV and say stuff Eugene likes.

The only thing missing is phrasing like "some people say Melnyks ownership has been the best in Canada. Im not saying it, people have been saying it!"

slamigo

Skate or Die!
Dec 25, 2007
Ottawa
And they claim there is no apathy but that is no longer the case. I know a lot of people that have given up. We even joke at the office that we can’t even talk about the Sens anymore because it’s so depressing. It’s about as popular a topic as asking people to discuss that time their favourite pet got hit by a car and didn’t die right away. Not exactly uplifting.
People are creatures of habit. Once you stop doing something for a while, you develop new patterns of behaviour and eventually forget all about the old ones. My kids don’t even want to go to games and we used to go a lot. This year we used our entertainment dollars to go to the Caribbean.

Reactions: Liliaceae

Blotto71

I was wrong...the worst is NOT behind us.
May 12, 2013
Over There
[MOD]

As for ownership's commitment to winning, I believe it - provided we're talking the Charlie Sheen definition.

Last edited by a moderator:

Rand0m

Oct 2, 2011
And they claim there is no apathy but that is no longer the case. I know a lot of people that have given up. We even joke at the office that we can’t even talk about the Sens anymore because it’s so depressing. It’s about as popular a topic as asking people to discuss that time their favourite pet got hit by a car and didn’t die right away. Not exactly uplifting.
People are creatures of habit. Once you stop doing something for a while, you develop new patterns of behaviour and eventually forget all about the old ones. My kids don’t even want to go to games and we used to go a lot. This year we used our entertainment dollars to go to the Caribbean.
I WAS a really diehard Sens fan for at least 2 decades and in the past year and a half, Broke Melnyk and his antics has completely turned me off of watching the Sens. I haven’t watched a game since early January and barely paid attention when I did since the start of the season. One of the only reasons I still visit HFBoards is to watch the train wreck and new about a sale.

I’ve found other things to occupy my time with instead. If Melnyk sells within the next year I’ll most likely be back though, but not another $ to Broke Melnyk as long as he’s involved.

The more this drags on, I have a feeling this might just kill this franchise in this market, the team was relatively young and by losing so many fans at a key time in its short history, they may never be able to recover.

The worst part of all this is I don’t even really care anymore if they get moved. Nothing Broke Melnyk does can ever win me back unless it’s selling a majority / controlling interest in the team.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
The team reps say fans should be patient, the team is vastly improved, and the team wants to create a climate of trust. They say this as fans have been patient only to see the best players traded away for players with future potential. The team has nose-dived to the bottom of the league, and thus is not “vastly improved”. Creating a climate of trust requires actions that improve the team on the ice, not make it a doormat.

This team is only good at one thing: BS !

Reactions: Sens of Anarchy

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
Our rivals in Ontario have a GM who is promoting diversity in the workplace and building a stellar team. While we have the Bill O'Reilly loving, drunk a-hole, helping our team pick the next coach. My how times have changed. :laugh:

Reactions: YouGotAStuGoing

Liliaceae

hockey
Jun 21, 2007
Canada
The worst part of all this is I don’t even really care anymore if they get moved. Nothing Broke Melnyk does can ever win me back unless it’s selling a majority / controlling interest in the team.

I feel the exact same way. If they get moved then so be it, at least the never-ending disappointment will stop.

There's no hope for the future. We have some very good young guys but they'll be shipped out when they need to get paid. What's the use of sticking around only to get disappointed.. again.. and again..and again ect ect. As long as EM is around this team there's no hope.

Spezza getting traded was the beginning of the end for me. Stone was the last straw.

Reactions: Rand0m

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad