Ownership Commitment to Winning

Alf Silfversson

Jun 8, 2011
giphy.gif

Reactions: The Lewler and Deku

Emerica

May 29, 2010
As Mendes said, Stone didn't turn his back to the city, the fans or his teammates. He turned his back to ownership and management. Same goes for Karlsson, Duchene, Dzingle.

Not one of them had faith in Melnyk and Dorion's ability or willingness to build a contender. Why should the fans?

Betax

Jun 25, 2018
I was a fan of the original Winnipeg Jets, and I remember suffering through this same process for years before they moved. Every good player was traded once they were in a position to look for big money, and then every player who had a choice chose not to lay there. Sure they netted prospects with each trade, but never quite the same quality as the player leaving, so they just kept getting worse and worse each year.

I really hope that the Senators franchise doesn't relocate. What I'm saying though is that there is no bottom to this spiral. The team will just keeps trending downwards, until the ownership situation changes. It doesn't really matter who the GM is -- sure quality of trades can slow the descent, and some luck in the draft can help, but if you can't keep keep good players in their prime years, be it due to money or due to them not wanting to play for you, you keep getting worse.

NorthCoast

May 1, 2017
"We're a team...well, except for that guy, and that one over there, and hey anyone want this guy because i'll throw in that guy and this guy and..."

In all seriousness, looking forward to watching our new prospects grown into valuable future trade assets.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
There hasnt been one since we have had a team Bryden was broke,as is EM ....We were never really in it to win it at any one real point

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
Funny thing is, this was right in front of our face the entire time....Eugene told Boro and us he was going to do this.

Funny thing is, if you don't count Mac and Gaborik, we have exactly 8 players under contract for 19-20. Those 8 along with Mac and Gaborik count for about 38M under the cap.

So is his 15 young players projection a hint that we aren't re-signing any veterans? It's oddly specific. 8+15=23 person roster....

#senspiracy

If Boro was taking heat before... "Video with Eugene Melnyk"

Reactions: Deku

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013

When asked why they traded Stone, Melnyk said, "It's part of our rebuild, we've been planning this a long time".

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad