Owners/Players

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hawker14

Oct 27, 2004
I'm just a hockey fan. Do I care who wins the battle amongst the billionaire owners or the millionaire players ?

No I don't. Everybody has an idea how much the players earn. Here's a link on the wealth of owners. http://ordinaryleastsquare.typepad.com/dubi/2004/01/old_boss_new_bo.html

I DON"T CARE WHO WINS THIS CBA. THE OWNERS AREN'T POOR. THE PLAYERS AREN'T POOR.

OWNERS: QUIT LYING. YOUR LAP DOG BETTMAN HAS BEEN SENT OUT TO FURTHER INCREASE YOUR FRANCHISE VALUES.

PLAYERS: QUIT LYING. IF YOU WANT FAIR MARKET VALUE, GET A REAL JOB NOW THAT YOU ARE NOT PLAYING HOCKEY. YOU KNOW YOU'RE EARNING OBSCENE MONEY SO DON'T TALK TO US ABOUT FAIRNESS !

SOLUTION: IF YOU MORONS CAN'T AGREE ON HOW RICH EITHER SIDE WILL GET OFF THE FANS BACK THEN....

WELCOME TO 2006 - International Hockey ... European Elite Leagues, North American Pro Leagues.... all working under a system of a maximum of $ 15 million in Player Payrolls, Maximum ticket prices of $ 30.

NHL OWNED AND OPERATED ARENAS GOING BANKRUPT. i know it's a crazy idea but hockey being played in real hockey markets. other than boston, chicago, and detroit will anyone care. NHL markets failing to pay their leases become in breach of contract while new teams enter markets.

THE AVERAGE HOCKEY PLAYER SALARY IS NOW $ 750,000. IS THIS A CRIME ?

if this is what the future holds by the NHL & NHLPA not getting their **** together, would the end of the NHL as we now know it be such a bad thing.

AND BEFORE ANYONE ATTACKS THE NON-EXISTENT BUSINESS PLAN: All players and employees waive 30% of salary for stock options that may be exercised in the future ... controlling interest in the venture to be equally be held by the owners & players. or 40 %. or 50 %. does it really matter ? if every member of the new league has a vested interest in it's success, is that not a good thing ?

AND FINALLY: ALL OBSTRUCTION PENALTIES, not limited to but including, HOLDING, TRIPPING, INTERFERENCE, SLASHING etc. be a full two minute penalty, regardless of how many goals are scored.

oh, and yeah, ******* NHLers like Jeff Finlay who can't sign autographs for 12 year old kids because "i don't have the time" should have their names trashed in the media, instead of having a weasel like keith tkachuk say he was misunderstood. Funny how a stand up guy like Roenick came out, signed autographs in an away city, and flipped pucks to the kids in the crowd. Tkachuk of course was no where to be scene but yet can talk about how Finley was "misquoted"

Say what you want about Todd Bertuzzi, but he never disrespected a young kid who worshipped NHLers like Jeff Finlay did. In retrospect, FINLEY IS THE POSTER CHILD FOR NHLPA EXCESS !

Isles72

Feb 27, 2002
Canada
boy , did you ever have some good wheaties this morning .

wish you were in toronto greeting the various persons going to the cba meeting today :lol

Sp5618

Nov 26, 2004
Thanks for the post, Hawker. This was and incredibly good read! Really makes you believe the owners have no way of weathering the storm if a legitimate strategy to fix and market the game was put forth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad