Owners cave again??

Status
Not open for further replies.

vanlady

Nov 3, 2004
DR said:
in fairness ... too f'ng bad for Reebok. who asked them to invest 500m to launch a product as a lockout was looming.

if they didnt know their prime vehicle was about to be in a shutdown, whats their excuse ? did they not spend a little bit of that RESEARCH budget on knowing that the NHL was about to scorch itself ?

however, if they are inclined to pressure the owners, thats good.

dr

I completely agree with you. But in fairness to Reebok, they have been developing this line for over a year.

Brent Burns Beard

Powered by Vasiliev Podsloven
Feb 27, 2002
vanlady said:
I completely agree with you. But in fairness to Reebok, they have been developing this line for over a year.
and according to anyone who pays attention, this lockout has been looming for 4 or 5 years.

anyhow, any one who believes there isnt significant pressure on the owners from the groups who provide the revenue (broadcasters and sponsers) doesnt understand.

it behooves both parties to suck it up and get a deal that neither side likes but can live with. frankly, if both parties hate it, its probably the right deal.

dr

vanlady

Nov 3, 2004
e-townchamps said:
you are kidding me?? yikes, thats big trouble...what teams are we thinking here? Pittsburgh? Atlanta? Nashville? Phoenix?

not good for these American teams

Nope not kidding, this unfortunately is the second time that I have heard that small market teams are the ones driving the settlement. I heard it from a Philidelphia reporter yesterday. They did not get into which franchises it was but rumor in Washington is they are one of them. Pheonix is a good guess as they are carrying 60 million in debt. Other than that it is all guess work.

CantHaveTkachev

Legends
Nov 30, 2004
St. OILbert, AB
vanlady said:
Nope not kidding, this unfortunately is the second time that I have heard that small market teams are the ones driving the settlement. I heard it from a Philidelphia reporter yesterday. They did not get into which franchises it was but rumor in Washington is they are one of them. Pheonix is a good guess as they are carrying 60 million in debt. Other than that it is all guess work.

you talking American Small markets or Small Markets in general?
being an Oilers fan, I can see why they're driving the settlement.

also, Mario is probably sweating right now to get the right deal

vanlady

Nov 3, 2004
e-townchamps said:
you talking American Small markets or Small Markets in general?
being an Oilers fan, I can see why they're driving the settlement.

also, Mario is probably sweating right now to get the right deal

They just said small markets, but they did throw in that these teams had arenas.

My feeling from these guys was that these owners are going for the best deal they can get. Not necesarily what Bettman wants. This could explain Cal Nichols reaction.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->