Prospect Info: Owen Tippett (2017, #10 overall), Saginaw Spirit (OHL), signed ELC on 7/19/17

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Not sure why people seem to be down on him.

Is it because he is not Tolvanen ?

I think it's all subtle jabs at a certain someone because he didn't have an expected amount of goals so that certain someone declared he is a bust and won't ever become a 40 goal guy.

I have no doubt this guy will be a 25-30 goal guy within 2-3 years. His shot is ridiculous!!

Reactions: batting1k

batting1k

Mar 3, 2013
Not sure why people seem to be down on him.

Is it because he is not Tolvanen ?

Lol I was kidding, it's mostly vendetta and Jakeybones who are down on him, which should tell you all you need to know ;)

Would've liked Tolvanen, but I don't think may people would've predicted what he did this season in the KHL.

vendetta

#CatsAreComing
Mar 22, 2011
Edmonton
Lol I was kidding, it's mostly vendetta and Jakeybones who are down on him, which should tell you all you need to know ;)

Would've liked Tolvanen, but I don't think may people would've predicted what he did this season in the KHL.
Oh I’m not down on him at all. That was just a jab at jakeys thoughts

Reactions: batting1k

5 Hole

Oct 2, 2011
Woodbine, GA
Once a player is drafted I think the best way to predict their future success is to analyze their name and phenotype.

Oh-wen Tip-it, a nice duosyllabic pairing, stress on the second syllables is a nice touch. Not to mention "Tippet" reminds one of a hockey player tipping in a goal. The name fires on all cylinders, it's easily his best characteristics.

Here's where he loses me though...

View attachment 102863

I must say he doesn't look the part. We've seen gingers succeed before but it's definitely an obstacle to overcome.
This is not to say he is unattractive, he simply just does not have the hockey look, I would know.

All in all, I think Tip's ceiling is a 20 goal winger, floor is out of the league in 5 years.

I have a lot of experience with this type of analysis and it's been pretty accurate. I think we'd be smart to trade him while he still has value.
Thank you. This is the greatest player analysis I have ever read. Do you have others? A great system.

ZamBroni

Dec 15, 2014
Ft. Lauderdale
Thank you. This is the greatest player analysis I have ever read. Do you have others? A great system.

I have not done a full analysis of our system but here are some of my key takeaways so far:

-Sebastian Repo will be a great bottom sixer, REPO MAN, he'll take what's his, terrific name
-Borgstrum will be a star, he has the CHAD mentality, big man on campus at denver, born alpha and will stay alpha
-Bajkov will bust, I dont want to be mean but let's just say it's not his name that's the problem (refer to Tippet analysis)
-Harry Sateri, rhyming names are always hard to evaluate but he will be a star (just not with the Panthers, i saw this in a dream)

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Tippett had a great weekend.

Friday, he scores 2 goals on 5 shots and an assist in a 5-1 win

Sunday, he scores 2 goals on 11 shots and grabs 2 assists in a 5-3 win

He was 1st star in both games.

4 goals and 3 assists in 2 games and back on a goal per game pace (16 in 16 games), while putting up a 1.63 pts/per game. (averaged 1.47 last year)

Last edited:

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Wasn't Mississauga's best game but Tippett continues to impress, 2 more goals tonight on 10 shots in a 3-2 loss.
His 18th on the PP and 19th late in the game to get back to a goal per game pace. 19 in 19.
He's in the top 10 for goals, just one back of the top 5 now.

@FinlandPanther
@RainingRats , Another thing Owen isn't good at is faceoffs, 0/4 tonight but he's a winger so it's rare that he takes them .Otherwise he's one of the team's most notable players as he should be, nearing 20 years of age. He has nothing really to prove at the OHL level anymore but unfortunately he's too young to play in the AHL.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Tippett impressing with a couple goals in the first two Team Canada scrimmage games. Sounds like he may be slotted/projected to be on the top line.
More cuts to come but a strong feeling he makes the team.

GermanPanther

Foundation Defense
Dec 21, 2015
Munich, Germany
Should be good for him. Next year is a big year for him.

It is deciding for him if he can play NHL Level from the Beginning of his Pro Career or does he join first the AHL like they did with Borgstrom.
And from that Point and he will be measured Since he is the Big promising Winger Goal Scorer as the most Fans see in him. It will be a tough Offseason for him. Interisting is that Borgstrom proved, that built up weight alone doesnt make you automatic a NHL Player to go.

Acadmus

pastured mod
Jul 22, 2003
Vermont
Is this tournament the reason he's only played 23 games in the O this season? Haven't seen anyone referring to him in any of their b****-fests in other threads, wondered what was going on with him.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Is this tournament the reason he's only played 23 games in the O this season? Haven't seen anyone referring to him in any of their b****-fests in other threads, wondered what was going on with him.

Ya hes played like 8-10 games less than his OHL teammates because he was suspended for 5 games for flipping a foam puck into the crowd...

He's been fine this year, as evident by the vote of confidence from Team Canada to put him on the top line

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad