Owen Sound Attack 2020 Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

KFawcett

Oct 13, 2017
If Anthony Bax doesn't make the Attack out of Camp he won't be far away he has commited to play in Collingwood this season.

Reactions: AttackSound

AttackSound

Junior Hockey Fan Since Birth
Aug 25, 2016
Owen Sound, Ontario
Some great news! We would normally hear this announcement at the BBQ in early June.

If the team is announcing the signing now then there will be no Awards BBQ this June as they already stated that they would cancel the Awards BBQ and sent the past few weeks announcing the awards via social media accounts. Having said that did anyone on here really expect the 1st round selection not to sign??

In an interview with 519 Sports a month ago 3 Attack prospects were interviewed and all three were asked about being drafted by the Attack and in typical OHL fashion they answered yes they were excited and looking forward to coming to Owen Sound. Guindon in my belief was a steal in the first round all information and mock drafts I read prior to draft showed Cedrick going way higher than where we DD got him. So he could be a guy that if and when the season gets going could be a steal in this teams depth chart.

Prior to draft day I read 3-4 completely different scouting reports/mock draft pages and the consistent thing I picked up on was that Guindon should've went top-5 on the majority of the lists I saw and we got him at 10. Now before posters jump on me and say well look at all the players who could and made NCAA commitments and if they would've reported he would've went a lot lower yes I did take that into account and he really should've went top-5 taking out the NCAA commitment players if you account for them and add them into the situation he should've went late first round early second and a steal in the top-40 picks.

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
@AttackSound what caused you to change your tune in a year? A year ago your position was clearly it was too early to determine who was a steal. Here is your post from last year...
This is an interesting thread to say the least. To define who won or lost the draft is an interesting topic.

At this point in time I'd say no one has won or lost in the draft, but more so that each team has interesting and promising prospects for the fall training camps. To look at it from a more realistic perspective the team that yields the most players out of it in the next 3 seasons will tell you who had the better draft.

This is not because I don't believe that there wasnt good players pick yesterday but more to the simple fact that the league restricts underage players to 3 any given year so to full see who had the better draft choices won't be seen till training camp 2021.

Sure there will be players this year that will be immediate impact in their clubs and the league but to properly gage a teams draft class usually takes 2 training camps to see what they truly have. On paper every team should have a decent draft class every year, but it will more be when these guys are in training camps and pre-season games that will define who had the better draft class. Right now every team has some level of talent that will be coming into the league in some way this coming fall.

AttackSound

Aug 25, 2016
Owen Sound, Ontario
@AttackSound what caused you to change your tune in a year? A year ago your position was clearly it was too early to determine who was a steal. Here is your post from last year...

Let's be realistic here a year can change a option(s) of any team. Look back at a year ago at this time there were lots of teams in similar situations where there were good pieces but there really wasn't what I saw as a steal the show type guy at this level and my statement was valid there where good players throughout the league who were first year guys but no real drop your jaw types.

Fash forward to this year's draft and the talent pool was deeper and there was a lot more what I call interchangeable players who could've really went to any team.

Now there really isn't a clear answer for that beyond the simple fact that I can clearly prove but I base my opinions on scouting reports and how teams progress forward, look at any team in the league any year one year a team could have a bad season and the following season they could have a great season.

You could say the similar thing about the Greyhounds from season to season that's junior hockey in general where one season you have good crop of prospects and the following year they could have a crop of talent that dosen't match the season before.

So there a lot of factors that play into a changing opinions from one season to the next.

AttackSound

Aug 25, 2016
Owen Sound, Ontario
Anyone have a projected lineup for next season??

(In positional order)
Guzda
Chenard

Chibrikov
Seed
Perrott
Sedley
Woolley
17yo
16yo

Goure
Samanski
Le Sage
Kirwin
Wilson
Machacek
MacMaster, Person or Popov (OA)
Guidon
Dudas - if/when he gets sent back
Lawrence
Burroughs
16yo
16yo

That's would be my best guess plus/minus any 17-18yo surprises or invites that I can see making the team right out of camp. I left Robertson out of the equation just simply because of the age of the blue-liners that are eligible to return due to the fact that this coming season guys like Sedley and Seed should be making big steps forward in the responsibility department on the back end and will give a chance for a young defender to earn his spot out of rookie camp, now saying that lots of things can change between now and then but you need a young stud d-man in your rotation to get playing time in his 16yo year.

Now saying all that if/when the league and season starts it will really depend upon how long it will be until the season starts and how many games they play. If/when the league gets going the real question will when the league starts up it will depend upon how many games the league will play a full 68-? 34-? So no one really knows or will the league be in limbo for a whole season-?

OHL insideout

Jan 12, 2016
I understand like all of our posters that there will need to be a lot of work to complete before the 20-21 season will get underway but here is a guess as to what the Attack line-up might look like.

00/Popov - 03/Goure - 03/Burroughs
03/Lawrence - 00/Kirwin - 00/Pearson
01/Wilson - 04/Guindon - 02/Samanski
02/Machacek - 02/LeSage - _______
04/Bryant

01/Woolley - 03/Sedley
01/Chibrikov - 01/Parrott
02/Seed - 04/Steen
______

01/Guzda
02/Chenard

I have left out 00/McMaster and 00/Robertson as I can see DD moving on from these two OA players and trying to recoup a few draft picks in return.
I also think we may see a move for one of our 01 Dmen.
We should keep an eye on our goaltending as well. If DD and management feel that 02/Chenard is the guy moving forward, a trade involving 01/Guzda may help fill a void in other areas (player or picks).

A few things to at least think about during this OFF season!

Wishing good health to all.

Reactions: FanAttack6

AttackBeacher

Feb 1, 2019
I understand like all of our posters that there will need to be a lot of work to complete before the 20-21 season will get underway but here is a guess as to what the Attack line-up might look like.

04/Bryant

01/Woolley - 03/Sedley
02/Seed - 04/Steen
______

01/Guzda
02/Chenard

I have left out 00/McMaster and 00/Robertson as I can see DD moving on from these two OA players and trying to recoup a few draft picks in return.
We should keep an eye on our goaltending as well. If DD and management feel that 02/Chenard is the guy moving forward, a trade involving 01/Guzda may help fill a void in other areas (player or picks).

I think you've got it pretty much down. I think we'll see an Import added to the forward group. I wouldnt be surprised to see a vet added in a cheap trade (a la Matt Philip this year). Will be interesting if some of the 17 year olds from last camp can put some of the guys lower down the lineup, there's 3/4 guys that had pretty good years away from the team last year.

AttackSound

Aug 25, 2016
Owen Sound, Ontario

04/Bryant

01/Woolley - 03/Sedley
02/Seed - 04/Steen
______

01/Guzda
02/Chenard

That's pretty close to what I think the roster will be too I still think Dale will bring in a 4th 16yo out the draft class this year but that will depend upon on where the weak link the roster will be a rotation one of the three mentioned above in and out on a regular basis through the season.

The crease will definitely be the interesting position to see what happens Guzda will be 19yo and Chenard will be 18yo both will want playing time and both will want the starters role. This will put an interesting position on camp as like all teams in the league always have a tender in the pipeline and in camp this will make for some big decisions on what tender DD keeps as well as what guy he could/possibly move to allow a younger prospect a crack at the backup role.

All things aside this team will be in good shape moving forward with the core of returnees and new guys now/when camp starts will see where the chips fall.

AttackSound

Aug 25, 2016
Owen Sound, Ontario
Attack sign Gavin Bryant to Standard Player Agreement – Owen Sound Attack

Pretty obvious that the Attack would sign Bryant to a SPA. Bryant by the majority of scouting reports was touted as a late 1st round pick early 2nd.

If you look back at the final draft rankings and remove the on the fence (U.S.) players out of the eligibles then Bryant should've went higher than 37th overall.

Now the team has what should be two of the next cornerstone pieces to the roster for the future.

Reactions: FanAttack6

AttackSound

Aug 25, 2016
Owen Sound, Ontario

Can see why DD wanted Bryant another leader type guy to bring into the system. Well articulated person in his interview with FW. Those qualities usually relate to making the jump and an impact in the league. Another key point is that plays a big factor you don't hear too often is that Bryant has already started to get familiar with the personalities already in the room. Yes I'm sure there are guys who do that but when you're bringing a rookie into the team and he's getting connected with the current guys in the team that can show outbon the ice when it comes to plays and shows that he's very detailed in his game and how he sees himself as part of the organization.

Saggy

Apr 24, 2019
That's pretty close to what I think the roster will be too I still think Dale will bring in a 4th 16yo out the draft class this year but that will depend upon on where the weak link the roster will be a rotation one of the three mentioned above in and out on a regular basis through the season.

The crease will definitely be the interesting position to see what happens Guzda will be 19yo and Chenard will be 18yo both will want playing time and both will want the starters role. This will put an interesting position on camp as like all teams in the league always have a tender in the pipeline and in camp this will make for some big decisions on what tender DD keeps as well as what guy he could/possibly move to allow a younger prospect a crack at the backup role.

All things aside this team will be in good shape moving forward with the core of returnees and new guys now/when camp starts will see where the chips fall.

Based on the above Line-up that many seem to agree is relatively accurate with all of the unknowns.....what place do you predict this Team to finish ? Playoffs or out?

AttackSound

Aug 25, 2016
Owen Sound, Ontario
Based on the above Line-up that many seem to agree is relatively accurate with all of the unknowns.....what place do you predict this Team to finish ? Playoffs or out?

Too early to give an accurate prediction with the unknowns right now. Especially the unknown of what the season if/when there be one this fall.

If Owen Sound can get out to a good start off the hop the Attack could place middle of the pack somewhere between 4-7th place based off what the returnees could look like with what the returning lineup could look like of course though that's with all the the best available returnees plus/minus a deal here or there that teams can do throughout the season and some of the rookies that could make Owen Sound that would make be believe that this team could a home ice playoffs could very well be in the cards for Owen Sound if and when the season starts for 2020/21.

KFawcett

Oct 13, 2017
I will say this team will at least be mid pack and keep the playoff streak and 30 wins alive. With the signing of Gavin Bryant I'm thinking this team is going to be young but have speed and skill. With solid goaltending and a solid d corp returning even if scoring is hard to come by early I think they can tough out some character wins. Can't wait to get it started.

FanAttack6

Mar 4, 2019
Has The Attack Management made any type of statement In regards to the CHL class action lawsuit? I can’t find one anywhere. Just wondering

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->