Owen Sound Attack 2019-20 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

AttackSound

Junior Hockey Fan Since Birth
Aug 25, 2016
Owen Sound, Ontario
Attack to meet the Wolves for the first time of regular season meetings Saturday.

The team has done an incredible job this season so far working there way up the standings and playing a high tempo game. Always a good rivalry between the Attack and Wolves when they meet. The guys looked like a fine tuned machine early on in the season especially on home ice getting points in all 5 of there current matches.

Good to see the CHL take notice to the guys by ranking the boys 8th in the CHL top-10 early on, however let's not get ahead of ourselves as fans here CHL top-10 rankings are nothing more then a media measurement among the CHL members of media.

Hardwork wins championships and this team has shown that they can work and play with any team in this league Saturday's game will be no different another big test.

AttackSound

Aug 25, 2016
Owen Sound, Ontario
With 3 and a bit weeks till the team honours Plater great Scott Walker.

It would be nice to see a few others who made a strong impact on the community get recognized this season.

Here would be my top 3 behind Walker

Curtis Sanford would be another that would certainly be on my top 3 to honor this year along with Joel Ward, Adam Mair would be my tops to see banners raised to honor as Owen Sound alumni.

AttackSound

Aug 25, 2016
Owen Sound, Ontario
So did Victor Mete.......he was an Attacker wasn't he.....:confused:

Depends on how you spin it, if you consider a draft prospect who never reported to the team a player for that organization then yes.

Personally the minute he chose not to report and back management in to a corner looking for a trade which ended in London.

Then I'd say no he wasn't, he was more an asset to a deal than a piece in the organization and looking at where the team is now and how the cards fell after that moment in time I'd say the Attack had won that deal time and time again.

Looking at the big picture now and how it played out, here's how I see it.

Management drafted Mete who refused to report to the team in turn setting the base for management to draft Markus Phillips and Nick Suzuki who would go on to win the league in Guelph and give the team Barret Kirwin, Mark Woolley today?

Looking at it from the outside in by my count we got 4 players plus picks of the time for one defective player who refused to report. All in all I think it was a win in managements books.

AttackSound

Aug 25, 2016
Owen Sound, Ontario
Team played a well fought game against the Wolves.

Byfield is still a monster in skates out there and very hard to contain, good to see the guys play a 5 man defensive game away from the puck and limit his opportunities, if you take the 5 on 3 powerplay tally out of the the game and the empty net goal by Philip, the team put a solid effort in a (3-0) game against the Wolves. Although it's good to see special teams working hard night in and night out to push the team over the top in these high energy games against non-conference opponents.

Noofgoof

Mar 29, 2017
Interestingly on twitter there was footage of the attacks second goal and it looks clearly offside. Nonetheless great win glad the boys are keeping up the winning ways. Ill be the first in line to eat some crow as Guzda has really taken a step forward (so far) this year. Hes looking really good and on his game and its great to see the hard work and experience starting to pay off.

KFawcett

Oct 13, 2017
Glad to see Andrew Perrot get Player of the Week. And to the guy that was upset when he took the roughing penalty,he should have taken the little weasels head off just sayin. I'll take that penalty everyday when someone is taking liberties with your tender.

Reactions: Millpond

jamemcca

Oct 6, 2014
Mete decision had absolutely nothing to do with Nick SuZuki being drafted

Depends on how you spin it, if you consider a draft prospect who never reported to the team a player for that organization then yes.

Personally the minute he chose not to report and back management in to a corner looking for a trade which ended in London.

Then I'd say no he wasn't, he was more an asset to a deal than a piece in the organization and looking at where the team is now and how the cards fell after that moment in time I'd say the Attack had won that deal time and time again.

Looking at the big picture now and how it played out, here's how I see it.

Management drafted Mete who refused to report to the team in turn setting the base for management to draft Markus Phillips and Nick Suzuki who would go on to win the league in Guelph and give the team Barret Kirwin, Mark Woolley today?

Looking at it from the outside in by my count we got 4 players plus picks of the time for one defective player who refused to report. All in all I think it was a win in managements books.

AttackSound

Aug 25, 2016
Owen Sound, Ontario
Boys have climbed the CHL top-10 to be ranked 6th among CHL teams.

Good to see the CHL acknowledge the success of a competitive market like the Attack, AL and the coaching staff have continued their gameplan and has shown success and the CHL top-10 is a small result of this.

There will be a lot more hard work this team will have to continue to build apon but every game and week to stay in the top half of the conference but the competitive nature of the team this has been impressive and exciting to watch so far. Having a 0.750 winning percentage isn't a blip on the map it's the result of hardwork from the whole roster from coaches, players and staff pulling together.

This week games between the Colts and Battalion will be another test since the start of the season especially against a team like the Colts where the natural highway 26 rivalry will be kicked up again for the 2nd of 6 meetings before meeting the Battalion for the only home game between the Attack and Battalion.

AttackSound

Aug 25, 2016
Owen Sound, Ontario
Mete decision had absolutely nothing to do with Nick SuZuki being drafted

I beg to differ if his decision to refuse to report to Owen Sound never happened then Owen Sound wouldn't have had 2 draft selections in the 1st round that season and in turn management may not have had a 2nd chance to pick up Nick with the 2nd 1st round selection.

So I'd say that Mete not reporting played a fairly significant part in Suzuki being drafted by Owen Sound, at the time it gave the scouts and management a chance to pick 2 quality players in the first round of that draft where if Mete did report he may have shown up to camp and walked before main camp and managment would've got nothing for him but what the Knights traded in picks and not the compensation pick awarded by the league for a defective player who refused to report.

jamemcca

Oct 6, 2014
They would have had the one pick with or without the Mete situation

Phillips was drafted with the Mete compensation pick

still has nothing to do with Suzuki being drafted

I beg to differ if his decision to refuse to report to Owen Sound never happened then Owen Sound wouldn't have had 2 draft selections in the 1st round that season and in turn management may not have had a 2nd chance to pick up Nick with the 2nd 1st round selection.

So I'd say that Mete not reporting played a fairly significant part in Suzuki being drafted by Owen Sound, at the time it gave the scouts and management a chance to pick 2 quality players in the first round of that draft where if Mete did report he may have shown up to camp and walked before main camp and managment would've got nothing for him but what the Knights traded in picks and not the compensation pick awarded by the league for a defective player who refused to report.

AttackSound

Aug 25, 2016
Owen Sound, Ontario
Good to hear the guys come back and make it a game then a runaway.

Sounds like the guys had a difficult time getting pucks pas Silvos in the 2nd frame tonight and the Colts managed to get a few lucky bounces there way. Time to put this one in the rear mirror and leave it on the other end of highway 26 an look forward to the home tilt against the Battalion Saturday night. Final 3-2 loss.

OSA

Jun 11, 2011
Very disappointing not to capitalize on that 5 on 3 at the end of the game. Need to take advantage of that.

Reactions: Pond Hockey
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->