Owen Sound Attack 2019-20 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

AttackRinkRat

Apr 1, 2017
Thoughts on last night's game vs Rangers. Thought Guz played a good game, made some key saves and he didn't have much of a chance on most of the goals. Boys came out strong in 1st, but Rangers offense came out in the 2nd. Boys sat back a bit and were a bit disorganized in 3rd. Ingham also played well and if not for him, Attack could have had a few more goals. Tough loss but we're back at it tonight.

Reactions: AttackSound

AttackSound

Junior Hockey Fan Since Birth
Aug 25, 2016
Owen Sound, Ontario
1st road game in over a week.

Not worried about the end result of last night's game there are going to be games were we there will be growing pains and results like last night. Good to see the team push back near the end of the game to close the gap on the scoresheet.

Onto tonight's game versus the Firebirds and the home game of the weekend. The team has had good bounce back games after losing the night before and with this coaching staff I'm positive that the team will come out with a sour bit in there mouth to get back in the win column versus Flint after losing to the Rangers last night.

Reactions: AttackRinkRat

Millpond

Dec 5, 2015
Nice and Ive been tied up did I read we are ranked in the top ten. nope I think i read the fact we are 7th in CHL in players going to NHL that is more immpressive than the weekly top 10 IMHO. That is also a great recruiting tool.

We are 7th in the number of games played in NHL by Attack alumni

AttackSound

Aug 25, 2016
Owen Sound, Ontario
Team played a good game versus a very good club in Flint.

Where the team made the most of tonight's chances were spread throughout the game while shutting down the Firebirds chances in the late stages. Good to see the team let Guzer have a chance to redeem himself after having a tough outing the night before in Kitchener.

Success isn't measured in the mistakes the guys make but how they adjust themselves between shifts and games. Tonight's game showed that from start to finish by showing that they can command a game from the start when everyone is in the same page and playing both sides of the game, and the end result was a 7-3 victory to chalk up in the win column.

Onwards and forwards into another tough test in the rematch versus the Rangers Wednesday before playing the Knights and Greyhounds Friday and Saturday evening.

three dog night

May 3, 2014
Just got home from the Leafs game looks like you killed nine of ten penalties you can’t get away with that too often

AttackSound

Aug 25, 2016
Owen Sound, Ontario
Only 2600 fans for a Saturday night game? Hopefully attendance isn’t an issue this season

I wouldn't worried about attendance being only 3 weeks into the season on average non-divisional opponents very rarely draw over 2800 attendance this early in the season.

On average divisional opponents draw closer to 3000-3200 versus non-divisional ones throughout the whole season I would expect to see attendance numbers to increase as the the end of October gets closer and the standings watching becomes more interesting as teams start to spread out in the conference standings.

OSAttackFan88

Jan 2, 2015
Looks like Owen Sound traded the wrong goalie... Maclean is undefeated so far this season 6-0 with a GAA 2.3 and SV% 0.920

Reactions: Noofgoof

Millpond

Dec 5, 2015
Looks like Owen Sound traded the wrong goalie... Maclean is undefeated so far this season 6-0 with a GAA 2.3 and SV% 0.920

His numbers in Owen Sound were 4.36gaa, and .869 save %.

Either he got real good in a hurry , or the team in front of him is better.

Thoughts ?

Bear in the Woods

Nov 21, 2017

Thoughts ?
He is better than Guzda this year. Unfortunately this team couldn't have another year of uncertainty in net. Andrew has had streaks of great play......but not a whole season. They know what they are getting with Guzda and can build a team around that.
They see something in Chenard that has them thinking as well.

KFawcett

Oct 13, 2017

Thoughts ?
He does have a strong team in front of him which could be the difference.

AttackSound

Aug 25, 2016
Owen Sound, Ontario

Goalie stats are always one of those aspects of junior hockey that I've always found that however they maybe good they may not always tell and accurate picture of the tenders ability.

If teams have a strong defensive core that can rise a tenders numbers in a season. By all means I'm not against A-Mac being a steady tender who needs games and a chance to play but I don't put 100% faith in their stats as goalies can have bad games just like players but if the team in front of him play 200 feet defensive game for a full 60 minute game then a goalies numbers will always go up.

Lycanthrope

Dec 3, 2011
1st road game in over a week.

Not worried about the end result of last night's game there are going to be games were we there will be growing pains and results like last night. Good to see the team push back near the end of the game to close the gap on the scoresheet.

Onto tonight's game versus the Firebirds and the home game of the weekend. The team has had good bounce back games after losing the night before and with this coaching staff I'm positive that the team will come out with a sour bit in there mouth to get back in the win column versus Flint after losing to the Rangers last night.
Hey I got your pm but something went wrong when I tried to respond. Let me know where you guys will be sitting, though it might be obvious with the jerseys :) Cheers

Reactions: AttackSound

AttackSound

Aug 25, 2016
Owen Sound, Ontario
I was wondering what are your’e expectations for the bears this year?

Expections will be fairly good with the young core of talent coming into the team mixed with some senior guys like Dudas being the captain. Our coaches like uptempo type game with speed and grit and have some young guys who look very promising for the future.

Reactions: Lycanthrope

AttackSound

Aug 25, 2016
Owen Sound, Ontario
Attack to take on the divisional opponent Rangers for the 2nd of 8 meetings.

Have to give credit this season so far for the guys, everytime the team stumbles one game they amp up the intensity the next game. Only the second 3 game week of the season.

After stumbling last weekend versus the Rangers in Kitchener I'm sure the guys are eager and ready to set the tone versus Rangers especially at home with crowd support.

Thus far in the season the fundamentals I've seen I've liked the work ethic and speed of the team has been exciting to watch and although they haven't won every game early on however they've competed for 60 minutes.

Which is exciting to see early on especially with a lot of guys who have only played 2 full weeks together in the lineup.

AttackRinkRat

Apr 1, 2017
Boys play Kitchener tonight again. I am hoping for a good bounce back game. Interesting note. Last Friday's game vs Kitchener, the refs let Ingham muck about with his pads over at the Rangers bench. he was there for what seemed like quite a while. I was on Ranger's board and someone commented that Ingham was adjusting his pads during Sunday's game vs Ottawa. So what gives? New pads? Will be interesting to see whether he is in net and whether the pads need repair. Hmmm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->