Owen Sound Attack 2018-19 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

OHLFan90

Dec 24, 2013
Ontario
Good response. I too thin k the team is stronger with that extra dman

I should have clarified, who do you think will start in net.

I know Guzda is the number one but considering he's been shaky and the goaltending for the last 1 season and a bit has been shakey, ride the hot hand. Give the back up another game here

Reactions: Waddapuck

Generallyspeaking

Sep 18, 2018
I know Guzda is the number one but considering he's been shaky and the goaltending for the last 1 season and a bit has been shakey, ride the hot hand. Give the back up another game here
This wil be interesting to see Maclean had a fairly solid first outing, but back to back may be rough on a rookie. However this could put pressure on Guzda to step it up, also he will be fresh for the London game. Fun to watch these 2 young goalies push each other. If we can make it through this year we might be sitting pretty on the backend.

OHL insideout

Jan 12, 2016
I'm thinking this is more than a "if we can make it through this year"!
This is a "win" year with the veteran group assembled here.
Let's hope at least one of these two goaltenders can take the bull by the horns and lead the way, putting a nice run of victories together. If not DD may need to look for a 99/00 experienced guy to fill the void this year. Right now however, the OA situation is the most pressing issue at hand for management. Fun times in Attackland...

KFawcett

Oct 13, 2017
But Robertson is only 18. Has this year and possibly 2 more O/A's bring a little less typically because they are rentals for this yr only.

Millpond

Dec 5, 2015
But Robertson is only 18. Has this year and possibly 2 more O/A's bring a little less typically because they are rentals for this yr only.

He hardly played tonight. Could've used his shot on the enemic power play

Millpond

Dec 5, 2015
Nothing clicking for this Attack team right now. Except Daylon Groulx.

Suzuki's line nullified again .

Won't be any easier against the nights.

Put Lazer back in, give Bourque a rest after that boarding hit he took.

Gotta work their way out a this funk . They did it last year.

MacLean turn tomorrow .

OSMike

Conch Shell Crew
Mar 25, 2014
Owen Sound
Guzda needs to show some more fight when he's screened. I know Radcliffe is big but you have to try to move him and see around him. Suzuki looked slow and uninterested last night. Lazer on the top line was the spark for them. Groulx continues to impress. Gave my daughter a puck last year and that made him a favourite, now his play continues to keep him there.

Reactions: OHL insideout

INTENTIONALLYOFFSIDE

Feb 20, 2017
Goaltending stats will correct themselves as the season plays on. This season, at all levels, October hockey has been a killer on goalies; once teams go through their loop and get their defensive game in order the tide will shift.
Look at Peterborough and Ottawa, last year two teams that struggled with goals against; this year Petes with their 1 - 4 neutral zone trap is sheltering Jones and Ottawa is just out scoring their defensive shortcomings right now.
The end of November will give you the first true idea of how the season is panning out.

Millpond

Dec 5, 2015
A
Goaltending stats will correct themselves as the season plays on. This season, at all levels, October hockey has been a killer on goalies; once teams go through their loop and get their defensive game in order the tide will shift.
Look at Peterborough and Ottawa, last year two teams that struggled with goals against; this year Petes with their 1 - 4 neutral zone trap is sheltering Jones and Ottawa is just out scoring their defensive shortcomings right now.
The end of November will give you the first true idea of how the season is panning out.
Tend to agree. Popovich's numbers going into last night's game were almost identical to Guzda.
The Storm has been scoring , the Attack not so much

OHLFan90

Dec 24, 2013
Ontario

The end of November last season was the start of the darkest 2.5 months for the Attack in recent memory.

I think what everyone is concerned about is a repeat of last year. We kept sitting here saying things will get better and its early but didn't have a goalie with a save percentage above .880.

Ill say this, I haven't given up on Goose yet as a number one in this league but he sure hasn't given anyone a true reason to believe he can lead this team anywhere this year. As much as he was a rock in the Soo series, that's a very small sample size.

Let's hope Mack can at least get to league average. There are 7 more games this month. I figure he gets 5 of those which would give him 12 starts on the season if my math is correct. If that 4.11 GAA is still sky high, i'm at a point where I start to look at other options.

But hey im just a fan. lol easier said then done

AttackSound

Junior Hockey Fan Since Birth
Aug 25, 2016
Owen Sound, Ontario
Junior hockey is a 6 month marathon not a 60 minute sprint.

Hard to throw the guys under the bus right out of the starting gate, TG's teams have been known for slow starts in the league in the past to and then pick up speed.

If this was the Xmas break then it would be more concerning.

Home change has become big factors in games this far for the team with us able to line match the Knights should turn the table

Reactions: three dog night

KFawcett

Oct 13, 2017
We have 2 17 yr old goalies we are going as far as they take us. We don't have the assets to bring in an established guy and to be honest the guy's in front of them need to look in the mirror. I see a few guy's that are relying on skill and not putting in the work needed to win.

INTENTIONALLYOFFSIDE

Feb 20, 2017
SebJhockey
I agree with what you say but your goaltending was a question mark from training camp. I thought it was the wrong move to bring in Bowman but I honestly thought DD had some inside knowledge that there was a possibility McNiven would be returned. Lafreniere was the best option available at the time. Propp may have helped but that deal was done as a 3 way from the get go.
Guzda is a good goalie but needs a good D core and good team defence to help him develop. He is young, he'll make mistakes but that is the only way to learn. He will definitely be a steady starter in this league as long as they protect him a bit.

Pond Hockey

Jun 9, 2002
Let's see how OS responds at home to the Knights' trap. It totally neutralized our speed at the Bud last Friday, with quality scoring chances being few and far between. Attack put up 40+ shots but the only goal came on a 2-0 breakaway. I think Dale Hunter is happy to let us run up the shot clock as long as the majority of them are low-percentage perimeter shots, and we're not carrying the puck into the offensive zone with speed. Attack forwards are going to have to find ways to work the puck into the middle of the ice in the offensive zone and generate quality scoring chances from there.

Millpond

Dec 5, 2015
The Attack played well, led by Aiden Dudas with two goals, including the insurance market late in the third from a bad angle into the empty net.

MacLean started and frustrated the nights snipers.

I'd go with him again Wednesday . He is efficient in his moves , decent puck handlet, and doesn't rattle after getting scored on .

Got no respect for nights Lockheed.

Reactions: Waddapuck

Pond Hockey

Jun 9, 2002
Well, I guess Dudas' first goal tonight is one way to beat the trap. The Knights were using it very effectively on that play, forcing the forwards to dump the puck in and it just happened to find its way into the net.

AttackSound

Junior Hockey Fan Since Birth
Aug 25, 2016
Owen Sound, Ontario
Team played a good bounce back game tonight against the Knights.

Some stumbles caught the team off guard but AM played well and made some key saves when he need to tonight.

Team seemed to keep there emotions in check for the most part especially with the LKs trying to create frustration. Good to see the team stand up for one another when the LKs pushed back.

On to the next opponent Hamilton Bulldogs Wednesday

KFawcett

Oct 13, 2017
That was Dudas's best game of the year now if Sush could get it rolling. Is it just me or have most of the guy's that were at NHL camps been looking a little dis interested. Wrong way to play if thats the case you now more than ever have to show your NHL teams why they need you.

Millpond

Dec 5, 2015
That was Dudas's best game of the year now if Sush could get it rolling. Is it just me or have most of the guy's that were at NHL camps been looking a little dis interested. Wrong way to play if thats the case you now more than ever have to show your NHL teams why they need you.

It's not uncommon for that to happen with NHL returnees. Hopefully they get it together soon . They are important parts of the team.

Reactions: SebJHockey
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->