Owen Sound Attack 2018-19 Season Thread (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

OS Fan

Oct 7, 2018
If Suzuki refuses a trade and DD stands pat or tweaks as you put it this team is doomed. 8 players leaving at seasons end, no supporting cast and no draft picks??? Are you out of your bloody mind? You are a fan and nothing more if you believe this is how it should go. You dont understand the business end of the game. It really isnt that hard. Think about it

Reactions: HockeyPops

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london
Well I for one hope it is not London. I am so sick of hearing about them. The most narrow minded fans on the planet. Act like they are the only team in the league every year. Time they looked at the standings. There are several very good hockey teams, that will get even better soon. These teams will need to be beaten, for the mighty Knights to win anything at all!

Yup there are some good teams this year. No clear cut fav as yet.
Guess we know different London fans ;)
OS has had a real solid run the last few years. Time to restock and build it back up.
One of the better run teams over the last 15 years IMO.

Attackfan72

Dec 30, 2018
Yup there are some good teams this year. No clear cut fav as yet.
Guess we know different London fans ;)
OS has had a real solid run the last few years. Time to restock and build it back up.
One of the better run teams over the last 15 years IMO.
Well said! For a very small market, we are always competitive. And I think after this deadline, we will be even better over the next few years! :)

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london
If Suzuki refuses a trade and DD stands pat or tweaks as you put it this team is doomed. 8 players leaving at seasons end, no supporting cast and no draft picks??? Are you out of your bloody mind? You are a fan and nothing more if you believe this is how it should go. You dont understand the business end of the game. It really isnt that hard. Think about it

Someone pee in your cornflakes this morning?
Is this post in response to mine?
Helps people follow, if you quote the poster you are responding to.
IF it was mine....
Did I say he should tweak or stand pat?
I understand the business end just fine including NTC and GMs that respect players that have given alot to an organization.
Also suggestedit would if Suzuki okays a move to multi teams.
DD has other pieces he could flip for very solid returns as well.
The franchise future doesnt rest solely on a return from NS trade. Again as I said earlier it sure would help.
If you werent responding to my post, no biggie.

Old Watcher

Dec 30, 2018

We will see what he does.

He has a long list of possible players to move. Everyone is focusing on Suzuki....and now Phillips as well. Maybe both will be moved? Maybe neither.

Suzuki, Phillips, Durzi, Sushko, and Hancock are all players who could be dealt with a loss by the Attack of one half season of play.

Phillips is a great D to have....Durzi is better. Neither is back next year.
Suzuki will get you plenty of points.....Hancock even more. Neither is back next year.
Sushko may be better/more advanced than an import somewhere else (very likely), maybe another team has a spot open?

You're correct in saying that if he does nothing he should be fired.

What he does should also play into that decision.

jamemcca

Oct 6, 2014
No way he stays in O.S. And if he does, Degray should lose his job! The team is going nowhere this year, and he will not be back in the O next year. NEED to move him now!

Dale Degray is a respected GM in this league. If he met with Suzuki and was told only team he would accept trade to was London it ties his hands no matter how you look at it. If you think he should be fired if this were the case you need a reality check

I don’t know if this is the case nor do I really care.

Reactions: dirty12

jamemcca

Oct 6, 2014
DDs options end with Suzukis willingness to go to another team.
They have sat down with and explianed the situation a while back.
OS will respect his wishes.
Will he accept a trade to his hometown? I dont know.
Will he accept a trade to anywhere else? No idea.
But its up to Suzuki. DD will have to work with tbe options he is given. Obviously it will help if Suzuki approves a few teams and all those teams show interest.

Someone that makes sense...

jamemcca

Oct 6, 2014
Well I for one hope it is not London. I am so sick of hearing about them. The most narrow minded fans on the planet. Act like they are the only team in the league every year. Time they looked at the standings. There are several very good hockey teams, that will get even better soon. These teams will need to be beaten, for the mighty Knights to win anything at all!

That’s too bad. Hate to break it to you but the words “narrow minded” describe yourself to a tee in this thread.

Take a look in the standings and see where they are. More “narrow minded” fake news

Last time I checked the memorial cup count for London is higher than Owens sound. The “all mighty knights” went through Owen sound in 2016

For what it is worth London sold off last year and were swept first round by the attack. What goes around comes around

Get a grip, your hatred is making you look stupid

OHLFan90

Dec 24, 2013
Ontario

Why are you worried about where he ends up? It's whats coming back that matters.

If London offers him the best chance of winning and they come through with a offer Dale can't refuse then Dale needs to take it and run.

I don't care what kinds of fans they have and they have plenty of great ones who love to chat on here.

Attackfan72

Dec 30, 2018
Why are you worried about where he ends up? It's whats coming back that matters.

If London offers him the best chance of winning and they come through with a offer Dale can't refuse then Dale needs to take it and run.

I don't care what kinds of fans they have and they have plenty of great ones who love to chat on here.
You are entitled to your opinion. I would rather take just a little less, to see London lose myself. But to each their own!

TheCoach

Sep 17, 2014
You are entitled to your opinion. I would rather take just a little less, to see London lose myself. But to each their own!
Salty? So you rather cut your nose off despite your face. If Suzuki says London only and they make a decent offer you want DD to turn it down? So you can "screw London " and The Attack all in one shot?

Noofgoof

Mar 29, 2017
I for one feel if a deal is done for Suzuki to London there better be some conditions on an OA season because if theirs a team that can get a player to return for an OA year.. its London

KFawcett

Oct 13, 2017

I totally agree we need to maximize our return on whoever we move. If London gives the best return then thats where the player goes. Historically we have made out great trading with the Knights. I am sure there is something brewing between the teams as Mark was in attendance Sat. night.

AttackSound

Junior Hockey Fan Since Birth
Aug 25, 2016
Owen Sound, Ontario
I totally agree we need to maximize our return on whoever we move. If London gives the best return then thats where the player goes. Historically we have made out great trading with the Knights. I am sure there is something brewing between the teams as Mark was in attendance Sat. night.

Agreed if the best return happens to be London and it satisfies both parties then that would suggest that they are the logical choice to deal with.

Swallowing some pride now may feel sickening now, but if it's the best option for a move to deal with the Knights and cause they're offering back the best possible return then why would you deal with a completely different club and get lesser value.

Sometimes its hard to do that type of decision but if it pays off a season or two down the road then I'd be comfortable knowing that the future of the team is building forward.

Reactions: OS Fan

AttackSound

Junior Hockey Fan Since Birth
Aug 25, 2016
Owen Sound, Ontario

Agreed if the best return happens to be London and it satisfies both parties then that would suggest that they are the logical choice to deal with.

Swallowing some pride now may feel sickening now, but if it's the best option for a move to deal with the Knights and cause they're offering back the best possible return then why would you deal with a completely different club and get lesser value.

Sometimes its hard to do that type of decision but if it pays off a season or two down the road then I'd be comfortable knowing that the future of the team is building forward.

Old Watcher

Dec 30, 2018
Well then. I have a solution that will make London and Owen Sound fans very happy /sarc.

Durzi and Hancock and Sushko to Ottawa (open space, just waiting to be filled) and Suzuki and Phillips to London.

Bourque may also be in play for anyone who wants a solid, experienced defenseman.

All for whatever the other will pay.

If it doesn't work that way, then we can all have a pity party for Ottawa.

Maybe another team steps up? That would make it interesting.

I have no problem with trading Phillips or Suzuki to London because I believe a smart Ottawa GM can easily offset that imbalance with a ton of picks available and three open positions.

Does anyone think anyone from the U20 or otherwise would nix a trade to Mr. DiPietro's team?

Don't be a fool. Think about it.

Last edited:

jamemcca

Oct 6, 2014
I for one feel if a deal is done for Suzuki to London there better be some conditions on an OA season because if theirs a team that can get a player to return for an OA year.. its London

There is no chance SuZuki is any where for over age year other than AHL at the lowest possible level

Reactions: KyGuy9 and OS Fan

KFawcett

Oct 13, 2017
Well then. I have a solution that will make London and Owen Sound fans very happy /sarc.

Durzi and Hancock and Sushko to Ottawa (open space, just waiting to be filled) and Suzuki and Phillips to London.

Bourque may also be in play for anyone who wants a solid, experienced defenseman.

All for whatever the other will pay.

If it doesn't work that way, then we can all have a pity party for Ottawa.

Maybe another team steps up? That would make it interesting.

I have no problem with trading Phillips or Suzuki to London because I believe a smart Ottawa GM can easily offset that imbalance with a ton of picks available and three open positions.

Does anyone think anyone from the U20 or otherwise would nix a trade to Mr. DiPietro's team?

Don't be a fool. Think about it.
London is only adding one player as they only have one card left. I doubt that will be a d-man as they already have 10 on there roster. I say Suzuki to London possibly Durzi and Hancock to Ottawa not sure on Marcus have heard Guelph Niagra and Saginaw but 2 of those teams ??? I am skeptical on more than one move taking place as that will require D.D to go outside his normal box. I am anxious to see how this plays out.

Old Watcher

Dec 30, 2018
London is only adding one player as they only have one card left. I doubt that will be a d-man as they already have 10 on there roster. I say Suzuki to London possibly Durzi and Hancock to Ottawa not sure on Marcus have heard Guelph Niagra and Saginaw but 2 of those teams ??? I am skeptical on more than one move taking place as that will require D.D to go outside his normal box. I am anxious to see how this plays out.

Agree. The scenarios being thrown around are just that. There are a ton of people moving this deadline and any team with picks and young players they're willing to let go of can go ahead and join the race. The gap between winners and the average team is quite small.....almost imperceptible at times.

The biggest difference is still a shortage of quality goaltenders.

You are right about DD. DD has a history of sitting when he should stand and standing when he should sit. That's what got him in this pickle. His trading record is completely hit and miss....and when he's off base he's epic. His judgement is awful. When he is sitting where a cup is within reach he'd burn the franchise down to avoid it. I no longer trust his 'judgement'. He has never seen the future.

He entered another year with not one 17 yr old goalie, but two.

He has something to prove in a big way.

Last edited:

OHLFan90

Dec 24, 2013
Ontario

You'd be okay watching arguably the best player in Franchise history go for less then the best offer because you don't want him going to London?

You do realize we are entering a rebuild right? taking anything less then the best offer regardless of who it came from would be moronic and quite frankly would call for a firing from the organization top to bottom.

Why are you putting your hatred for London first instead of whats best for YOUR favorite team?

London has what we don't have and they have a surplus.

If they offer the best deal that improves my team in the long term, thats all I care about.

Not to mention its a buyers market. If you think London missing out on Suzuki is going to set them back you're mistaken. Half a dozen other teams with star players they can call.

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
There is no chance SuZuki is any where for over age year other than AHL at the lowest possible level
Let's wade back into the year-old threads and see how many times this was said about Gabe Vilardi. And yet here we are. Never say never...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad