Owen Sound Attack 2018-19 Season Thread (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

AttackRinkRat

Apr 1, 2017
Watching Todd Gill give up on Andrew Mac was despicable and another reason he needs to go.

The Final straw with me was long ago but this was a pathetic move on his part and I hope DD saw this live.
Should have given him chance, it seems to take AM a bit of time for him to find his rhythm in goal. Nice to see the boys push back in the third. Young talent got a bit out muscled early in the game. On to Flint tonight. Maybe Flint's win will go to their head and we can snatch a win.

Attackfan27

Jan 7, 2019
Todd Gill is a horrible coach that has no system in place. The only reason our boys had a great season last year is because of the talent that was on the team. He couldn't get it done in Kingston and he is showing no signs of being able to get it done with Owen Sound. I think the only hope going forward is that Todd has another coaching job come up in the off season. It is a big hit for the ownership to fire him with a year left on his contact and pay another coach to take of the reins. Why DD thought Todd was the man for the job is beyond me.

ohloutsider

Jan 13, 2016
Rock & Hardplace
Todd Gill is a horrible coach that has no system in place. The only reason our boys had a great season last year is because of the talent that was on the team. He couldn't get it done in Kingston and he is showing no signs of being able to get it done with Owen Sound. I think the only hope going forward is that Todd has another coaching job come up in the off season. It is a big hit for the ownership to fire him with a year left on his contact and pay another coach to take of the reins. Why DD thought Todd was the man for the job is beyond me.
Love is blind

Northernstormfan

Apr 26, 2015
Northern Ontario
Storm fan here, was at last night's game and I can say that it was a great game last night despite the score. It could have just as easily been 6-1 Attack. High paced, good scoring opportunities from both sides. Neither team definitely couldn't relax at any point in the game. Both teams proved that the rest of the regular season and the playoffs aren't going to be a walk in the park.

Millpond

Dec 5, 2015
Storm fan here, was at last night's game and I can say that it was a great game last night despite the score. It could have just as easily been 6-1 Attack. High paced, good scoring opportunities from both sides. Neither team definitely couldn't relax at any point in the game. Both teams proved that the rest of the regular season and the playoffs aren't going to be a walk in the park.
Barret Kirwin is a good player. He's got great faceoff numbers, and has kept pace with his production since the move from Guelph

Last edited:
Reactions: Attack Fan

Pond Hockey

Jun 9, 2002
Alberg scratched again tonight. 3rd time in last 4 games. He got his first goal a couple weeks ago vs. Kitchener and was starting to look good out there offensively, then for whatever reason was put on a 'shutdown' line for a couple of games and earned praise from TG in this role...and now is out of the lineup. Meanwhile, we have defensemen playing forward while he is not dressing and we're having problems scoring goals.

Miric

Jan 8, 2017
Alberg‘s not scratched he has a cold.

Edit: He definitely looked better out there after the break. But terrible coaching decisions by Gill.

Reactions: Pond Hockey

BigBuck

Jan 26, 2012
Watching Todd Gill give up on Andrew Mac was despicable and another reason he needs to go.

The Final straw with me was long ago but this was a pathetic move on his part and I hope DD saw this live.
I think you are the same guy that chirped Gill for leaving the goalie in for 7 or 8 goals....He yanked the kid 2 goals and less than 3 minutes in....Put him back in for 3rd period which team won 1-0 against a good Guelpph team...

OHLFan90

Dec 24, 2013
Ontario
I think you are the same guy that chirped Gill for leaving the goalie in for 7 or 8 goals....He yanked the kid 2 goals and less than 3 minutes in....Put him back in for 3rd period which team won 1-0 against a good Guelpph team...

I am.

It was a 9 goal game. Todd Gill deserved to be chirped

However this is a completely different game and circumstance.

He put him back into the 3rd because Guzda was brutal in the 2nd period

He gave up on his goalie. He is a joke of a coach.

Millpond

Dec 5, 2015
Great effort tonight. This young lineup make more hits tonight than I've seen for a long while. Nice to see guys get rewarded for their efforts. Cade Robinson with a beauty deflection of a Lyle point shot for the game winner.

OHLFan90

Dec 24, 2013
Ontario
Great effort tonight. This young lineup make more hits tonight than I've seen for a long while. Nice to see guys get rewarded for their efforts. Cade Robinson with a beauty deflection of a Lyle point shot for the game winner.

Really hope Robinson can step up his game in the 2nd half. Would give me confidence in having him back as an O/A.

AttackSound

Junior Hockey Fan Since Birth
Aug 25, 2016
Owen Sound, Ontario
Team played a good game against the Firebirds.

Team jumped on chances when they got them. Flint for lower seed team certainly didn't give they guys the game tonight but good for the team to make the most of their opportunities and bury the ones that they had.

Millpond

Dec 5, 2015
Really hope Robinson can step up his game in the 2nd half. Would give me confidence in having him back as an O/A.

He's a big body , who skates fairly well.
He chased down a stray puck last night all the way to the Flint zone, when he was on a lengthy PK. That's the kind of effort I like to see.

Without all the 'star power', the boys will need to use the 'hard work beats skill ' approach to winning .

Kids are seeing ice time they've never had before, in roles they've never had.

Guzda has been steadily upping his game. He was sid last night.

As a team, they showed more pushback than the 'old' Attack did. I can live with that.

Reactions: KFawcett

OS Fan

Oct 7, 2018

As I said on Twitter that was the wrong move. Part of growing as a young goalie is overcoming a bad start. Gill may have tried to save his own ass by putting him back in in the 3rd. If anyone saved anyones ass McLean saved Gills by closing the door in the 3rd.

Gill can say he did the right thing but I see it for what it is. GOOD FOR YOU ANDREW MCLEAN.... YOU AND ONLY YOU DID IT.

OS Fan

Oct 7, 2018
I am.

It was a 9 goal game. Todd Gill deserved to be chirped

However this is a completely different game and circumstance.

He put him back into the 3rd because Guzda was brutal in the 2nd period

He gave up on his goalie. He is a joke of a coach.
That was the first game in Barrie and Guzda should have been pulled midway through the 2nd because the team quit on him. Totally different circumstances.

Reactions: Pond Hockey

Old Watcher

Dec 30, 2018
Should not be a surprise, this is the price that has to be paid to build a decent team/contender in the OHL.

DD has done nothing but tear it down for a couple of years....and not much more than that for nearing a decade.

He did a nice tweak of a Mike Futa build....mostly by understanding that our coach wasn't the right guy for the job....and by fleecing Niagara.

Since then he's been absolutely brutal when it comes to predicting the trajectory of talent and/or trading based on that inability.

He does NOT understand anything about timing in any sense of the term.

He destroyed his own future one stumble at a time.

Blandisi and Struthers were flailing madness at inopportune times to be sure. There were plenty more moves that were contributing blunders, although perhaps not as starkly ridiculous.

It's time to really start over.....or get used to being something less than before.

DD un-built this. I hope it was worth it for him. He flew it under the RADAR it seems.

On the bright side......he doesn't have to move.

OHL insideout

Jan 12, 2016
Sorry if this has already been mentioned but do we know if Gill's contract lasts longer than this season?
I for one would like to see the two young guys (Hill & Latang) take over for the rest of this season and an evaluation be made after the season to keep them on as the team moves forward.

OHLFan90

Dec 24, 2013
Ontario
Sorry if this has already been mentioned but do we know if Gill's contract lasts longer than this season?
I for one would like to see the two young guys (Hill & Latang) take over for the rest of this season and an evaluation be made after the season to keep them on as the team moves forward.

Hold on a second. We might be seeing some movement.

OHLFan90

Dec 24, 2013
Ontario
Todd Gill has been fired.

I for one am super happy to see this. Regardless of him being a good person, he should have never been in this situation. His track record was not good and since day 1 in Owen Sound it was clear this was a bad choice of coach.

The timing seams weird.

Their is no way Dale is happy with how the goaltending has been handled since Friday night. Especially when former players are caught on TV questioning the coaches decision.

I am glad the they are moving on.

One quote from the weekend that really pissed me off about todd gill was how he makes his players sit on the bench.

Nothing like being told not to show emotion from the bench.

Good luck to Tanger and Hill. I believe they will do just fine.

OSattackfan

Jan 13, 2018
Gill is gone. Letang is new head coach. It;s about time

OHL insideout

Jan 12, 2016
OMG, I was a couple of minutes too early with my post/question!
Good for DD to make this move, really it could have been made a few weeks ago.
Now let's see this young team move forward and I am hoping great success for the rest of this season, not only in wins and losses but in making positive strides on development!
Good luck Alan and Jordan!

Reactions: OSattackfan
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad