Post-Game Talk: Ovi's Stanley Cup Champs visit SENS, Sat. 7:00pm (Xmas Edition)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
The only thing they're rebuilding is Melnyk's finances as we slash costs by any means necessary.

We suck now and i refuse to celebrate this crap roster that is apparently overachieving... even though thats still one of the worst teams in the league. We'll suck even worse after Stone, Duchene and Dzingel are gone.

We'll just be left with an incompetent GM, an incompetent coaching staff, and a mediocre prospect pool.

solidprospect

Borveetzky
Sep 30, 2017
Dorion mentioned us being further along in the rebuild then he thought we would be and that he expects us to sign Duchene.

solidprospect

Borveetzky
Sep 30, 2017
so... if this is further along... what is the final product expected to look like...
Not sure what Dorion's full plan is. With Karlsson this summer all we heard was "we are offering him a contract" , relating to duchene though he actually said he is expecting him to re-sign.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
Not sure what Dorion's full plan is. With Karlsson this summer all we heard was "we are offering him a contract" , relating to duchene though he actually said he is expecting him to re-sign.

I suspect it involves a lot of kissing!

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
If it's not year 1 of a rebuild what year of a rebuild is it?

We're supposed to be terrible right now without Karlsson and Hoffman, but we were terrible with them too. I am not convinced Stone and Duchene are gone either. Their has been alot of assumptions made here over the last several ears that are simply not true.

With the failure of the team to go forward with the Lebreton deal, trading Karlsson and Hoffman, signing Stone to a one year deal and not signing Duchene by this time, I am not optimistic about the future of this team. There is a greater probability that the team trades Stone, Duchene and Dzingle than for signing them. Cutting costs seems to be the objective of this team and calling it a rebuild is a PR spin.

Sensmileletsgo

Oct 22, 2018
With the failure of the team to go forward with the Lebreton deal, trading Karlsson and Hoffman, signing Stone to a one year deal and not signing Duchene by this time, I am not optimistic about the future of this team. There is a greater probability that the team trades Stone, Duchene and Dzingle than for signing them. Cutting costs seems to be the objective of this team and calling it a rebuild is a PR spin.
Yup I agree with all of this. I think there’s a chance Stone signs to captain the team during the rebuild but I’m not betting on it.
I do think the best move is to trade Stone, Duchene, and Dzingel and to really bottom out over the next 3-4 years to get some high end talent. I just don’t see how we are going to compete with Tampa, Toronto, and Buffalo over the next 5 years.

solidprospect

Borveetzky
Sep 30, 2017
Getting rid of older players not worth their contracts was also a theme. Older players on bad contracts with movement clauses. If you hadn't noticed the inconsistency of the team and back forth over the last 5-10 years while we were already spending. Spending doesn't equal winning, especially when your team is old and a not willing to play for each other , let alone the city , owner and GM.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Getting rid of older players not worth their contracts was also a theme. Older players on bad contracts with movement clauses. If you hadn't noticed the inconsistency of the team and back forth over the last 5-10 years while we were already spending. Spending doesn't equal winning, especially when your team is old and a not willing to play for each other , let alone the city , owner and GM.
Hoffman and karlsson are old players now?

Edit: also not worth their contracts?

Dude. There’s no frigging plan to make the room better or get guys that are willing to play for one another. GMs and coaches generally don’t care if the room absolutely hates eachother.

solidprospect

Borveetzky
Sep 30, 2017
Hoffman and karlsson are old players now?

Edit: also not worth their contracts?

Dude. There’s no frigging plan to make the room better or get guys that are willing to play for one another. GMs and coaches generally don’t care if the room absolutely hates eachother.
Thompson and Phaneuf are brutal.
Phaneuf is on pace for 2 points.
Brassard is on pace for 24 points.
Burrows, no explanation needed.
Karlsson is on pace for his least amount of points since his rookie/sophomore season
Hoffman is as soft as a marshmellow. having his best offensive season but on the ice for more goals at even strength than goals for.

Karlsson and Hoffman had chemistry issues within the team as well as on the ice, ie the dressing room was broken.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Thompson and Phaneuf are brutal.
Phaneuf is on pace for 2 points.
Brassard is on pace for 24 points.
Burrows, no explanation needed.
Karlsson is on pace for his least amount of points since his rookie/sophomore season
Hoffman is as soft as a marshmellow. having his best offensive season but on the ice for more goals at even strength than goals for.

Karlsson and Hoffman had chemistry issues within the team as well as on the ice, ie the dressing room was broken.
No one cares about broken dressing rooms.

Burrows and phaneuf were not very good so there’s that. (They were acquired when they weren’t very good either lol)

When we were the most dominant team in the NHL our dressing room was a shit shit. Cliques full of guys that hated eachother.

if you think trading BOTH Hoffman and karlsson is part of some olan to be better at hockey you’re out to lunch

solidprospect

Borveetzky
Sep 30, 2017
No one cares about broken dressing rooms.

Burrows and phaneuf were not very good so there’s that. (They were acquired when they weren’t very good either lol)

When we were the most dominant team in the NHL our dressing room was a **** ****. Cliques full of guys that hated eachother.

if you think trading BOTH Hoffman and karlsson is part of some olan to be better at hockey you’re out to lunch
We're scoring more without karlsson and hoffman than we did with them. Dorion and melnyk care, that's why they were traded away even when fans liked them and players in the dressing said they didn't like him.

Players around Alfredsson made the fans and players stick together more and play for each other and the city. Karlsson never really had the same efect, as a leader, but was a very good player. His best years are most likely behind him with wonky ankles.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
We're scoring more without karlsson and hoffman than we did with them. Dorion and melnyk care, that's why they were traded away even when fans liked them and players in the dressing said they didn't like him.
Yeah man. We’re better without them. For goodness sakes dude.

Lmao “melnyk cares”. From Barbados he gives a shit? Grow up

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013

Players around Alfredsson made the fans and players stick together more and play for each other and the city. Karlsson never really had the same efect, as a leader, but was a very good player. His best years are most likely behind him with wonky ankles.
Dude players around alfie HATED eachother lmfao. He oversaw the firing of a bunch of coaches that HE didn’t like. He was he captain of probably the most divided rooms in this franchises history. And I’m not insulting Alfie, that’s sinply the reality of most NHL rooms.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
We're scoring more without them is what I said. The power play has been better without them as well.
This has nothing to do with coaching? Like we just traded karlsson and Hoffman and voila the floodgates opened? Boucher is actually allowing the d men to play hockey this year. And the d men and thebforwards are benefitting. (Although lately he’s back to his old self)

solidprospect

Borveetzky
Sep 30, 2017
Dude players around alfie HATED eachother lmfao. He oversaw the firing of a bunch of coaches that HE didn’t like. He was he captain of probably the most divided rooms in this franchises history. And I’m not insulting Alfie, that’s sinply the reality of most NHL rooms.
Lol. they played very well together for 'hating each other'

Fans went nuts everytime alfie was on the ice, had people on the edge of their seat.

Last year we we're an awful joke because the team had no chemistry and they all quit playing . Management and Ownership even had to apologize for such a shitty performance by our teams players.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Lol. they played very well together for 'hating each other'

Fans went nuts everytime alfie was on the ice, had people on the edge of their seat.

Last year we we're an awful joke because the team had no chemistry and they all quit playing . Management and Ownership even had to apologize for such a ****ty performance by our teams players.
Uh what about the year before? When we went to the EcF final. Same core lmfao.

And Alfie also captained some dreadful embarrassing teams

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->