Post-Game Talk: Ovi's Stanley Cup Champs visit SENS, Sat. 7:00pm (Xmas Edition Part II)

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
December 29, 2018, 7:00 PM
Attendance: 16,808
Arena: Canadian Tire Centre
Game Duration: 2:30
Season average still inching upwards, now at 14,520 vs 15,376 from last season
(not including the outdoor game), a difference of 856

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
They are going to lose, a lot. They are a terrible, terrible team. At least they pushed back this game.

Yeah, I can only get so mad at the players on this team before it becomes overwhelmingly evident that the blame lies elsewhere. They are what they are, and have not been put in a position to succeed.

This group, for the most part, are doing what they can to win games. It's just a bad team.

Filatov2Kovalev2Bonk

Effortless sexy.
Jul 13, 2006
Cumberland
I really liked our game for the most part. We were much better defensively and showed some urgency. Bring that every night and we will win more games than we will lose.

We need Tkachuk to play smarter, though. Love the enthusiasm, but we can’t have a top line winger sitting for 17 minutes - not with the horrifying depth we have now. He needs to get up and go ask that guy for a dance - that way, he avoids the instigator. Part of Brady’s growth process is going to be learning to pick his spots. Still, the kid just brings so much to this team - wait until you see him two years from now, stronger faster and more experienced. He will be the top power forward in the NHL for many years...

So much this. The fighting and jawing needs to stop, or at least cool down.
Brady Tkachuk is an Ottawa Senators asset and future face of the franchise. He need to be on the ice producing assists and goals, with the odd good-position hit in there for measure.

And yes, the team is bad but suspended my #MelnykOut because we finally have a Swedish up-and-comer in Hogberg.
The Hog did not disappoint, at all. Now hopefully he does not get traded for veteran presence or somesuch...

Reactions: Variable26

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Missed the game. How was Wolanin last night?

I thought he was good. He demonstrated escapability with the puck in his own zone. Advanced the puck with poise and accuracy. Had good gap , broke up plays. Was able to skate the puck out of his end 2-3 times. He earned himself another game at least. We can use his mobility and pm skills while Chabot is out.

I hope the Sens don't screw this kid over. He has talent.

IamJust0ne

May 4, 2006
So much this. The fighting and jawing needs to stop, or at least cool down.
Brady Tkachuk is an Ottawa Senators asset and future face of the franchise. He need to be on the ice producing assists and goals, with the odd good-position hit in there for measure.

49572380_2296643560385785_569959795314917376_n.png.jpg

Too late :laugh:

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
The thing about Boro is that he's soooooo bad at defending himself and has taken so much unnecessary damage to his brain because of it. I don't want one of our most important players adopting that rock em sock em robot mentality and destroying his career.

solidprospect

Borveetzky
Sep 30, 2017

Paul was very good last night, ditto for the tkachuk-White-stone line at home, Boro and Demelo also with excellent games, most other players middle of the pack. Boedker and Dzingel need to be a little better defensively.

from evolving-hockey

solidprospect

Borveetzky
Sep 30, 2017
I thought he was good. He demonstrated escapability with the puck in his own zone. Advanced the puck with poise and accuracy. Had good gap , broke up plays. Was able to skate the puck out of his end 2-3 times. He earned himself another game at least. We can use his mobility and pm skills while Chabot is out.

I hope the Sens don't screw this kid over. He has talent.
I was going to say something before the first period ended. he carried the puck to the red line and dumped it in 5 on 5. It's simple but takes a load off the forwards sometimes and takes away the chance for a giveaway pass by just being able to carry it out.

Reactions: aragorn

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Oh lord, don't learn from Boro. He's gotta be one of the worst fighters in the league. Has he ever won a fight?
I know this is a joke but like he’s just asking some pointers. Fundamentals basics. The people teaching these guys how to skate or stick handle in the off-season sometimes can’t even do those things in an nhl game lol

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Is amazing how delusional people are with Boro.. He played very well last night as well.

Should have asked Chabot or Ceci how to fight.

He was ok.. He ran himself out of position at least 4 or 5 times. I still think if he had a snow scraper instead of a stick he'd be a lot better.. I am not sure if he has figured out how to actually use a hockey stick.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad