Post-Game Talk: Ovi's Stanley Cup Champs visit SENS, Sat. 7:00pm (Xmas Edition Part II)

Back in Black

All Sports would be great if they were Hockey
Jan 30, 2012
In the Penalty Box
O.png

Time to shut OVI down again....

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
I wonder if they'll call up Wolanin, there is/was time to do it, if they wanted to

Larionov

Feb 9, 2005
Ottawa, ON
I wonder if they'll call up Wolanin, there is/was time to do it, if they wanted to

Belleville is at home tonight, so presumably Wolanin is there. That means he is a 2 and a half hour drive to the CTC. Plenty of time if in fact they call him up, which they should.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Belleville is at home tonight, so presumably Wolanin is there. That means he is a 2 and a half hour drive to the CTC. Plenty of time if in fact they call him up, which they should.

Yeah, and they didn't play last night either. Given the team knew yesterday that Chabot wouldn't be available today, I'd have already called him up, but they might figure with 6 healthy d there's no need.

Lajoie-Ceci
Harpur-DeMelo
Boroweicki-Jaros

Yikes. Even if we slot in Wolanin where Harpur or Boro are, that's an ugly group.

Reactions: Larionov

Larionov

Feb 9, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Yeah, and they didn't play last night either. Given the team knew yesterday that Chabot wouldn't be available today, I'd have already called him up, but they might figure with 6 healthy d there's no need.

Lajoie-Ceci
Harpur-DeMelo
Boroweicki-Jaros

Yikes. Even if we slot in Wolanin where Harpur or Boro are, that's an ugly group.

Yep. Harper has regressed again lately, and Lajoie is starting to show the wear and tear of a long NHL season - he looks small and overmatched on a lot of shifts now. Wonder if DeMelo can play 40 minutes? ;-)

It's going to be a LONG night tonight...

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Losing.....interest
No Chabot, dont waste the three hours of your life. Now it would be different if the d core was semi nhl level without him but its not even close.

The sens performance without Chabot should put him in the lead for the norris or the hart as long as he isnt out too long. He truly is the most important player in the league to any NHL team. He isnt the best but he is certainly the most important when an NHL GM puts together a D core like this and expects any positive results. In a way this injury may be somewhat of a positive in showing just how terrible a job management has done putting this roster together.

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015

Or whichever D man they decide deserves to be called up.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Sens have called up both Wolanin and Elliott.. Not sure why both. Could guess that .. when asked who deserves it most the answer is Wolanin, and then Guy asked who has the most experience and the answer is Elliott.

Belleville won its last 2 and is trying to get on a run ; Chabot goes down; Ottawa calls up the 2 best PMDs from Belleville. I would bet quite a bit that one will watch from the stands while the other plays as few minutes as possible.

Personally, I really like watching Wolanin play in Belleville, to me he often looks like the best player on the ice. He has great mobility, above average speed and he can distribute the puck. He is never going to be a crusher defensively and will have to use his skating to his advantage to defend, not unlike many of the new age PMDs. He should be given a good look and opportunity to play through mistakes and make the adjustments.

Either way Washington is a tough team to make an impression against , with virtually zero sheltering possible.

With Lajoie; The kid had such a great start and was playing great; and then they stick the poor f'er with Ceci and try to turn this 180 lb, 21 (in November) kid with really good instincts into a defensive d man... This is worse than baptism by fire , its like getting hot grease poured over you before they throw you in the fire. Dorion doesn't know what he's doing enough to do a proper rebuild. The coaching staff is not suited for a rebuilding team in the NHL.

How long do we have to endure this?

armani

High Jacques
Apr 8, 2005
Uranus
Sens have called up both Wolanin and Elliott.. Not sure why both. Could guess that .. when asked who deserves it most the answer is Wolanin, and then Guy asked who has the most experience and the answer is Elliott.

Belleville won its last 2 and is trying to get on a run ; Chabot goes down; Ottawa calls up the 2 best PMDs from Belleville. I would bet quite a bit that one will watch from the stands while the other plays as few minutes as possible.

Personally, I really like watching Wolanin play in Belleville, to me he often looks like the best player on the ice. He has great mobility, above average speed and he can distribute the puck. He is never going to be a crusher defensively and will have to use his skating to his advantage to defend, not unlike many of the new age PMDs. He should be given a good look and opportunity to play through mistakes and make the adjustments.

Either way Washington is a tough team to make an impression against , with virtually zero sheltering possible.

With Lajoie; The kid had such a great start and was playing great; and then they stick the poor f'er with Ceci and try to turn this 180 lb, 21 (in November) kid with really good instincts into a defensive d man... This is worse than baptism by fire , its like getting hot grease poured over you before they throw you in the fire. Dorion doesn't know what he's doing enough to do a proper rebuild. The coaching staff is not suited for a rebuilding team in the NHL.

How long do we have to endure this?

Couldn't agree more. We will have to endure this until a regime change starting with Melnyk.

Upgrayedd

Earn'em and Burn'em
Oct 14, 2010
Ottawa
Surely a rebuilding :sarcasm: last place team would explore their goaltending situation by inserting their unknown prospect over the already career defined minor league vet here

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
IMO Wolanin is probably the only defencemen in the org at least on the left side that plays the game the most like Chabot. He has great wheels, can distribute the puck effectively, has a good shot & can run a power play as he does in Belleville. He's not great defensively but neither is Chabot, but getting better. I would put him into Chabot's spot on the first pairing but control his minutes & evaluate his play. I don't think Lajoie is good enough offensively to replace Chabot but Wolanin might be & should be given the chance. That would keep the other pairings together occasionally since we know GB is going to change it up.

The problem is & has been all yr who the Rd should be on the top pairing, most likely GB will have DeMello playing there again. Jaros could at some future point since he has good wheels & has a good shot from the point but he doesn't look ready for that much responsibility just yet. JBD could be that top pairing RD in future too but he is a few yrs away still. Ottawa could really use a big, tough, experienced RD for the 3rd pairing.

It wouldn't surprise me to see Lajoie sent down to Belleville for a while to get his game back either. Ottawa will play tonight's game against the Stanley Cup Champions with four rookies on defence (three on the left side), two or three rookies at forward, & two AHL goalies in net, one of them a rookie who could make his NHL debut tonight, that's gonna be tough.

Wolanin - DeMello
Lajoie - Ceci
Harpur - Jaros/Boro

Reactions: DrEasy

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Surely a rebuilding :sarcasm: last place team would explore their goaltending situation by inserting their unknown prospect over the already career defined minor league vet here

I don't think any goalies were available to upgrade our backup; and give the young rebuilding team a fighting chance. $1.3 million expires end of the year. o_O

Last edited:
Reactions: Upgrayedd

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
If Hog doesn't start this game then Boucher should be fired in the first intermission.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->