Overweight Russian Goalie (Flames)

Habsfan18

The Hockey Library
May 13, 2003
Ontario
Andrei Medvedev.

Not sure if he'll ever come over to NA.

I'd honestly say he's 100% no longer in Calgary's plans. Especially with Kipper being reasonably young.

Geese_Howard*

lmfao I remember that kid, he was mammoth, his pregame meal was donuts :biglaugh:

orangeandblack

Nov 27, 2004
philadelphia
letterH said:
What ever happened to the Russian goalie that played in the World Juniors a few yrs back. He carried a few extra pounds but was considered a pretty good prospect if I recall correctly.

there was a thread on this like a year ago, i think his name was volkov or medvev or something. they posted a picture of him and hes like 280 now, gross.

kruezer

Apr 21, 2002
North Bay
The player is Andrei Medvedev, he will never be in Calgary's plan unless he phones Sutter up and tells him that he is prepared to commit to losing weight and coming to North America, the Flames will certainly not be trying to convince him to do better, he has not exactly been liting it up from what I hear either, he can't backup in the Super League in Russia and is not even really playing in the 2nd League.

Torch

Jun 30, 2002
Visit site
I heard a rumour that the Flames contacted Medvedev a couple of years ago and told him that he had to make an immediate commitment to conditioning if he wanted an NHL career. Medvedev went on to shed some weight, but not enough. At this point, he is probably a lost cause.

Too bad though. Skill-wise, he is a very talented goalie.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad