Overwatch - Part 3 - Rise of the Robot

kingsholygrail

Almost there.. 38-22-11
Sponsor
Dec 21, 2006
Derpifornia
I'm having a revival as Roadhog in Competitive. He is still a bit of an ult battery for the enemy team, but it's worth it if you body block well to keep your teammates alive and wade into the enemy team to shoot them point blank. I'm playing more aggressive with him now than I ever did before they nerfed the hook combo.

Pay Carl

punished “venom” krejci
Jun 23, 2011
Vermont
anyone try the new Halloween event yet? I really liked last year's so hoping this year's won't disappoint

Leafs at Knight

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 4, 2011
London, Ontario
It's literally the same event, I'm pretty sure but now there's another playlist where it goes into bonus waves instead of ending and can go on forever. And there's a few more heroes to choose from.

I mean it's pretty fun (other than the Hanzo on my team spamming I need healing while I'm Zen), but was expecting something different. I'll play this casually for a couple weeks; usually what I do now for events. I need that Zen skin (and Zarya).

KingBran

Three Eyed Raven
Apr 24, 2014
I started playing OW at the beginning of this year so this is my first Halloween event. I love the Dr. Junkenstein arcade. SO MUCH FUN!

I got the new Sym, Torb and Zayra skins which are epic IMO. and I purchased with my in game money the pumpkin head Reaper and witch Mercy.

Very glad that last years skins are only 1,000 credits instead of 3,000. Only the new skins are 3,000 but I am broke (in game) now haha.

Pay Carl

punished “venom” krejci
Jun 23, 2011
Vermont
I started playing OW at the beginning of this year so this is my first Halloween event. I love the Dr. Junkenstein arcade. SO MUCH FUN!

I got the new Sym, Torb and Zayra skins which are epic IMO. and I purchased with my in game money the pumpkin head Reaper and witch Mercy.

Very glad that last years skins are only 1,000 credits instead of 3,000. Only the new skins are 3,000 but I am broke (in game) now haha.

Random tip (not as relevant now that duplicates are so rare), but its usually wise to spend your credits on the last day to avoid getting a duplicate

Now if you randomly unlock the pumpkin reaper it will be kind of a waste. Unless you just really want it during the event to be extra festive, which makes sense haha

It's literally the same event, I'm pretty sure but now there's another playlist where it goes into bonus waves instead of ending and can go on forever. And there's a few more heroes to choose from.

I mean it's pretty fun (other than the Hanzo on my team spamming I need healing while I'm Zen), but was expecting something different. I'll play this casually for a couple weeks; usually what I do now for events. I need that Zen skin (and Zarya).

Yeah I was a little surprised they didn't add a new map. Disappointing, but I do like the endless concept.

KingBran

Three Eyed Raven
Apr 24, 2014
Random tip (not as relevant now that duplicates are so rare), but its usually wise to spend your credits on the last day to avoid getting a duplicate

Now if you randomly unlock the pumpkin reaper it will be kind of a waste. Unless you just really want it during the event to be extra festive, which makes sense haha

Yeah I am not on every day so I wanted to make sure to secure those. I don't mind dupes, you get credits! Besides, they have made it so you get dupes a LOT less. I think since they made that change I have had 2 dupes.

Pay Carl

punished “venom” krejci
Jun 23, 2011
Vermont
Had 10 boops on Ilios last night with Lucio in a 2 -round match but only 18 total elims :laugh:

And that was 38% kill participation. Crazy game. Somehow they didnt' learn to stay away from the edge

Nuckles

_________
Apr 27, 2010
heck
As someone who kind of got burned out on the game early this year, I really enjoy the junkenstein event. By far my favorite event. I wish they had a mode like that permanently.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
Had 10 boops on Ilios last night with Lucio in a 2 -round match but only 18 total elims :laugh:

And that was 38% kill participation. Crazy game. Somehow they didnt' learn to stay away from the edge

Were your opponents blind? :laugh:

Boops are the most satisfying thing to do in the game for me and Ilios is perfect. Nothing like denying entire sections of a map because the enemy team is afraid of the boop.

Reactions: Pay Carl

Lonewolfe2015

Rom Com Male Lead
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2007
Knock-off is a good way of putting it, looks like an overpowered Zenyatta to be honest. But I'll probably try playing her which is more time than I've put into OW lately, so it works in their favor.

I really liked that Reinhardt origin video. I saw a Reddit thread once which used pieces from all the origin videos to create what was like a mini-movie. The creator was trying to show that Blizzard and Netflix should make an animated series and how good it would be. Would love to see Netflix pick that up.

Lapa

Global Moderator
Feb 21, 2010
I have tried to join a competitive game 10 times at least this season. All games have been cancelled due to someone leaving/not joining the game.

Anyone else having the same issues?

KingBran

Three Eyed Raven
Apr 24, 2014
Winter event going on now. Some cool new skins. I love that Sombra one. The Yeti Hunt event is meh.

I am not very good at it apparently. Took 7 tries to win. Seemed like when I was the Yeti (Winston) I ran into a team that stuck together, froze me a lot and killed me fairly quickly. When I was on the team of Mei's we were all spread out every time. Just bad luck maybe. But I won the event as a Yeti. Definitely think the Yeti has the advantage in this one.

Frankie Blueberries

Allergic to draft picks
Jan 27, 2016
Winter event going on now. Some cool new skins. I love that Sombra one. The Yeti Hunt event is meh.

I am not very good at it apparently. Took 7 tries to win. Seemed like when I was the Yeti (Winston) I ran into a team that stuck together, froze me a lot and killed me fairly quickly. When I was on the team of Mei's we were all spread out every time. Just bad luck maybe. But I won the event as a Yeti. Definitely think the Yeti has the advantage in this one.

Agreed about the event. My experiences have been the hunters have been easier to win. My record is probably something like 7-3 when playing as the hunters. But a good Yeti that stays out of sight + uncoordinated hunter group is a pretty easy game for the Yeti.

Lots of cool skins too. Really dig the Ana, Bastion (his owl), and Roadhog skins. Also found it funny that Junkrat has a summer skin since it's summer in Australia.

KingBran

Three Eyed Raven
Apr 24, 2014
Agreed about the event. My experiences have been the hunters have been easier to win. My record is probably something like 7-3 when playing as the hunters. But a good Yeti that stays out of sight + uncoordinated hunter group is a pretty easy game for the Yeti.

Lots of cool skins too. Really dig the Ana, Bastion (his owl), and Roadhog skins. Also found it funny that Junkrat has a summer skin since it's summer in Australia.
Yeah I was in a match and some guy wouldn't shut up about how its summer in Austrailia during winter here and just going on and on and on about how dumb people are. I think he needed to look in the mirror lol.

Frankie Blueberries

Allergic to draft picks
Jan 27, 2016
I wish you could trade skins in this game. I got the Sombra one but I rarely play as her, would love to trade it to someone for a different skin.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->