Overseas hockey camps

LeifUK

Jan 2, 2018
Has anyone here ever done an overseas hockey camp? I’m in England and I fancy the idea of a week long training camp in the US or mainland Europe. I’m 57, so obviously it’d be for adults and rec level, not beginner, not advanced. I am very fit but wonder if I could handle it. I’ve done three hour sessions in the UK without issues. One concern is how I get kit on site. Airplane luggage hold? Does it get damaged? Sticks? Are they safe in the hold? My father had skis destroyed by baggage handlers. My kit cost almost £800, the skates cost £800, sticks £100 each.

Reactions: Filthy Dangles

pgfan66

Jun 26, 2019
Has anyone here ever done an overseas hockey camp? I’m in England and I fancy the idea of a week long training camp in the US or mainland Europe. I’m 57, so obviously it’d be for adults and rec level, not beginner, not advanced. I am very fit but wonder if I could handle it. I’ve done three hour sessions in the UK without issues. One concern is how I get kit on site. Airplane luggage hold? Does it get damaged? Sticks? Are they safe in the hold? My father had skis destroyed by baggage handlers. My kit cost almost £800, the skates cost £800, sticks £100 each.
I’ve travelled between North America and Europe with my gear and also been to a rec level hockey camp in Plzen, Czech Republic. It was a ton of fun with a bunch of rec league players of various skill levels. Watched an Extraliga game too. Just wrap your sticks in bubblewrap and they’ll be fine.

Reactions: JMCx4

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->