Overagers 2020-2021

bcspragu

Aug 17, 2012
Saginaw, MI
Someone mentioned leverage in another thread. The brothers want to play together so you are going to give me what I want for Luca or we can discuss a trade of Adam Fantilli to Niagara or you wasted a late first round pick. What other options are there?

You have less leverage than you think. The Fantillis have been upfront with teams about Adam and Lucas intentions. Noone has denied that. If they told teams they wont play in the OHL unless they are together and Saginaw cant get Lucas rights for a reasonable price by Camp they just declare Adam defected, trade his rights for a ransom of conditionals, and gain a pick in the first round next year right in thier rebuilding window. You may grab an excess OA or a pick for him, but zero chance you get a roster player Saginaw wants on thier roster for him.

Dog Fan

Apr 22, 2017
I think we have all the leverage. Saginaw could declare him defective and get a late first round pick which may or may not play as a 16 year old on a team that will not nearly be as good as next years team...or they could have a player that is arguably the best player in this years draft and have him play on what should be a competitive team with veteran experience to bring him along. I believe there will be no trade or a bigger haul than you expect. If I am wrong, we need to find a new GM.

Generalsupdates

@GeneralsUpdates on Twitter
Sep 4, 2017
My goodness he wouldve dominated an OA season

Weird OHL career for Hillis.

-Doesn't come year 1.
-Just under a point per game in year 2.
-Wasn't good in year 3 then got hurt and missed the rest of the year.
-High point totals in year 4 although only 24 goals, which is low for an elite centre like he is

1 playoff goal in his OHL career

Reactions: Hockey Stick

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
Weird OHL career for Hillis.

-Doesn't come year 1.
-Just under a point per game in year 2.
-Wasn't good in year 3 then got hurt and missed the rest of the year.
-High point totals in year 4 although only 24 goals, which is low for an elite centre like he is

1 playoff goal in his OHL career

This basically also sums up Jenkins OHL career, although he was never a point per game in any season

sirius67fan

Jul 20, 2013
Looks like Hoelscher has a good chance to return as apparently not being signed by Devils. So we might have him, Rippon and Andree as OA. Pretty solid although I suspect one or two might be traded closer to the deadline. This leaves Groulx as the odd man out.

SlapShot77

Mar 30, 2020
Reading the last few post's on the SSM thread, there might be a solid fit for a #1 OA goalie like Cedrick Andree (67's).
The Greyhound fans are saying this coming year may be a year to "go for it".
Something to keep an eye on.

sirius67fan

Jul 20, 2013
Reading the last few post's on the SSM thread, there might be a solid fit for a #1 OA goalie like Cedrick Andree (67's).
The Greyhound fans are saying this coming year may be a year to "go for it".
Something to keep an eye on.
A lot of us in Ottawa think at some point Cranley needs to be given the reigns especially as we don't project as a contender this year unless Rossi/Hoelscher both return. I see the Soo, Oshawa and maybe Sudbury ( if Byfield returns) as some possible fits for Andree who is quite a goalie.

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
A lot of us in Ottawa think at some point Cranley needs to be given the reigns especially as we don't project as a contender this year unless Rossi/Hoelscher both return. I see the Soo, Oshawa and maybe Sudbury ( if Byfield returns) as some possible fits for Andree who is quite a goalie.

Oshawa has Kooy and Paputsakis, and while Kooy struggled while he was in London last year (only 5 games though) he was good for the first 3 years of his career and good again after getting traded to Oshawa and has a similar career save % to Andree (Kooy is .902 in 93 career games, Andree is .906 in 101 career games). So unless Kooy struggles out of the gate next year, the Gens goalies are locked up and their OAs will be Kooy, McShane and then one of Vallati/Ennis (I'd guess Vallati)

Last edited:

Voice from the North

Sep 17, 2013

The Wolves Import pick from 2019 Frederick Dichow is coming this year so Sudbury is out as a destination for Andree.

Reactions: sirius67fan

sirius67fan

Jul 20, 2013
Oshawa has Kooy and Paputsakis, and while Kooy struggled while he was in London last year (only 5 games though) he was good for the first 3 years of his career and good again after getting traded to Oshawa and has a similar career save % to Andree (Kooy is .902 in 93 career games, Andree is .906 in 101 career games). So unless Kooy struggles out of the gate next year, the Gens goalies are locked up and their OAs will be Kooy, McShane and then one of Vallati/Ennis (I'd guess Vallati)
I do agree with you and as you mention I included Oshawa as a possibility in case Kooy lays an egg. It's obviously a go for it year for Oshawa after the investment in Tomassino and Oshawa would likely not hesitate to upgrade in goal skould Kooy dissapoint. Best case scenario however is Kooy does the job and they allocate resources elsewhere. Also even though their stats are similar Andree has been more consistent the last two years. Kooy was quite good as a17 y.o. in London. Up and down since.

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
I do agree with you and as you mention I included Oshawa as a possibility in case Kooy lays an egg. It's obviously a go for it year for Oshawa after the investment in Tomassino and Oshawa would likely not hesitate to upgrade in goal skould Kooy dissapoint. Best case scenario however is Kooy does the job and they allocate resources elsewhere. Also even though their stats are similar Andree has been more consistent the last two years. Kooy was quite good as a17 y.o. in London. Up and down since.

id be interested to see Andree on a team where he needs to carry the load most nights. He was on the best defensive team in the league each of the last 2 years. He’s obviously a good goalie but is he a true top 2 goalie in the league or is he a Devin Williams who puts up good numbers behind a great team but isn’t more than that. Maybe we’ll find out

LeProspector

AINEC
Feb 14, 2017
Looks as though Windsor has Angle and Douglas back for next year, slim chance Corcoran returns and if he doesn’t Rupoli should be their third O/A.

MatthewsMoustache

Jul 2, 2018
id be interested to see Andree on a team where he needs to carry the load most nights. He was on the best defensive team in the league each of the last 2 years. He’s obviously a good goalie but is he a true top 2 goalie in the league or is he a Devin Williams who puts up good numbers behind a great team but isn’t more than that. Maybe we’ll find out

Kitchener is without a starting goalie unless Jacob Ingham somehow finds his way back. The only D Kitchener should be losing is Axel Bergkvist, but even with him, Vukojevic, Sebrango, MacPherson, Ottavainen, Xhekaj and Wale back there, Ingham had to be the reason they won a lot of games.

I don’t know what the price would be on Andree or if Mike McKenzie would be willing to go for a goalie like him in a year where they likely won’t be going all in

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
Kitchener is without a starting goalie unless Jacob Ingham somehow finds his way back. The only D Kitchener should be losing is Axel Bergkvist, but even with him, Vukojevic, Sebrango, MacPherson, Ottavainen, Xhekaj and Wale back there, Ingham had to be the reason they won a lot of games.

I don’t know what the price would be on Andree or if Mike McKenzie would be willing to go for a goalie like him in a year where they likely won’t be going all in

I'd assume not since their draft pick cupboard is already low but who knows

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad