Ovenchkin will play Saturday against Canada

Status
Not open for further replies.

HellsBells

Nov 6, 2003
PEI
Visit site
Let's see what you're made of Ovechkin. I say he plays well and Brodeur stones him a few times.

He's never seen the likes of a goalie like Brodeur. Should be interesting.

MrMastodonFarm*

Jul 5, 2004
He is an 18 year old playing in a tournament meant for the best in the world. It will be interesting to see what he can do, but I am not expecting much.

littleHossa

Apr 7, 2003
Ottawa
Visit site
They don't say who he will replace, what will the lineup be? I'm not sure what the exact lines are.

Kvasha-Yashin-Zubrus
Samsonov-Datsyuk-Kovalchuk
Frolov-Kozlov-Kovalev
Kovalenko-Chubarov-Afinogenov

Joe_Sakic#19

MOGiLNY said:
can someone translate the article? i'm interested in hearing what Kovalev said about Ovechkin, and who they are taking out.

Kovalev,basically,says that they're scared of the Canadians and he's absolutely terrified of Adam Foote! ;)

stockwizard*

An 18 year old Ovechkin in the lineup, playing against Canada's best- I already know what the outcome will be. :)

Joe_Sakic#19

MOGiLNY said:
the real question is if Foote is terrified of being embarassed by Kovalev :D

Kovalev is an amazing stick handler, but he undressed Amonte. Actually, Kovalev is the best stick handler in my opinion.

We'll see if he even shows up against Canada.

VAN-HAB

Vancouver Habitant
Sep 3, 2003
West Kelowna
MOGiLNY said:
can someone translate the article? i'm interested in hearing what Kovalev said about Ovechkin, and who they are taking out.

it says:"He has lots of talent and really wants to play. We can't wait to see him playing"

«Il a beaucoup de talent et il veut vraiment jouer. On a hâte de le voir à l'oeuvre», a déclaré Alexei Kovalev.

MrMastodonFarm*

Jul 5, 2004
MOGiLNY said:
the real question is if Foote is terrified of being embarassed by Kovalev :D
Since Foote is one of the best defensive defencemen in the leauge, and Tony Amonte is a one way old forward I would say no.. no he isn't.

littleHossa

Apr 7, 2003
Ottawa
Visit site
MrMastodonFarm said:
Since Foote is one of the best defensive defencemen in the leauge, and Tony Amonte is a one way old forward I would say no.. no he isn't.
Exactly, beating Amonte on a 1 on 1 is worse than beating an AHL defenseman, Kovalev's move wasn't that great talent wise.

Vic Rattlehead*

littleHossa said:
They don't say who he will replace, what will the lineup be? I'm not sure what the exact lines are.

Kvasha-Yashin-Zubrus
Samsonov-Datsyuk-Kovalchuk
Frolov-Kozlov-Kovalev
Kovalenko-Chubarov-Afinogenov
Expect the Draper-Thornton-Doan line to be all over the Samsonov-Datsyuk-Kovalchuk. I hope the new checking line is up to the task.

MOGiLNY

Jul 7, 2003
Toronto
Visit site
Wasn't it Liles who was undressed? Amonte was the one who dove for the puck in front of Esche..

Whoever got undressed there, it's pretty biased to say that the moves Kovalev pulled off there weren't "that great talentwise". Pretty much everyone in the hockey business has agreed that that was a top quality goal, and definitely the best of the tournament so far..

As for Ovechkin, I'm guessing he'll replace Kovalenko, although the Russian paper isn't saying anything about him..

Joe_Sakic#19

Kovalev undressed Amonte. He has the best hands in the league in my opinion.

deathbear

Jul 8, 2003
Manitoba
Visit site
littleHossa said:
Kovalev's move wasn't that great talent wise.

what an absolutely ignorant and pathetic statement. are you trying to be "cool" by saying something so incredibly foolish? seriously, why can't people give others credit where credit is due?! is it that hard??

arrbez

bad chi
Jun 2, 2004
Toronto
what happened to amonte on that play would probably not happen to adam foote, but still, incredible goal. the best part was after he got around the defender. that fake...a thing of beauty. goal of the year IMO. better than datsyuk's and afinogenov's

stockwizard*

I know I will get a lot of slack for this, but I have never seen anyone stickhandle like Sid. It is something freakish.

littleHossa

Apr 7, 2003
Ottawa
Visit site
deathbear said:
what an absolutely ignorant and pathetic statement. are you trying to be "cool" by saying something so incredibly foolish? seriously, why can't people give others credit where credit is due?! is it that hard??
How about you quote my whole message... Lemieux getting through Bourque that's a great talent, Kovalev doing a fancy move to deke Amonte, well guys like Afinogenov, Havlat and many more players could do it as well. It's not just Kovalev and his elite talent, it's the person he managed to get through as well.

unt

Aug 28, 2004
Sweden
CFA said:
I know I will get a lot of slack for this, but I have never seen anyone stickhandle like Sid. It is something freakish.
Forgive me for my ignorance, but who is this Sid you are talking about?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->