Oveckin vs. Zherdev

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clancy

May 15, 2004
South Jersey
I think Ovechkin will have the better career point totals, but Zherdev will have the higher peak in goals in a season. i could see Ovechkin putting up a peak of around 110 points(40G,70A) and Zherdev 90 points(50G,40A) if the game opens up a bit more.

bizzz*

Ovechkin always had more goals than assists. Since 2001 he has played 183 games in which scored 78 goals and 42 assists. Last season in the RSL in 53 games - 13g, 10a. Like Nash he simply can't pass the puck :) At his age Zherdev had the same 23(12+11) points in the RSL, but in 44 games. What does that mean? I've no idea....
Looks like their numbers are gonna be rather close, but I suppose that Oveckin will score more goals, while Zherdev will have better points total, especially playing beside such a proved scorer as Nash.

CH Wizard

Handsome B. Wonderful said:
Russia only counts first assists, so that's a good reason why his assist total is so low.

Yeah that's what I thought too.For me Ovechkin willl get more points because he can dominate more.He'll find a way to score and make a beautiful pass.He can get like 90 points in two or three seasons.Zherdev is a goal scorer with a lot of skills but he has tremoudous pass skills so I can predict a 40 G and 50 A season for him in a few years.

EroCaps

Aug 24, 2003
Virginia
bizoncol said:
Ovechkin always had more goals than assists. Since 2001 he has played 183 games in which scored 78 goals and 42 assists. Last season in the RSL in 53 games - 13g, 10a. Like Nash he simply can't pass the puck :) At his age Zherdev had the same 23(12+11) points in the RSL, but in 44 games. What does that mean? I've no idea....
Looks like their numbers are gonna be rather close, but I suppose that Oveckin will score more goals, while Zherdev will have better points total, especially playing beside such a proved scorer as Nash.

Ovechkin will have support (Semin, Fehr) eventually. I think they'll both be top 10 scorers.

Moskau

Jun 30, 2004
WNY
Having seen enough young speedy Russians with insane toolsets get to NA and suddenly forget how to score, I'll hold my reservations about Zherdev's goal totals. 30g consistantly I'm sure, but as for 40 and 50, hard to say.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->