Ovechkin's GOTY Submission

mad4comp

Jan 21, 2010
Really? How many times did you watch the move before you found that to take issue with?

I'm going to assume once... he then realized it wasn't PK making that move and took issues with it almost instantaneously.

Crosbyfan

Nov 27, 2003
Nice goal. The defenders didn't make any huge mistake. The D tried to maintain body while reaching for the bait, but it just wasn't enough.

Anonymouse

M.A.C.
Apr 10, 2012
Stockholm
Yeah, it's probably a top-5 goal for him. I like his spin-o-rama move in the neutral zone goal a lot more. More original because hounestly, we've seen him do this toe drag move plenty

hockey4sale

Oct 19, 2014
Filthy move... So smooth

Ovie tries that move like twice in every game, it works only twice per season, 99.999% of the time he just runs in to Dman and losses the puck, earlier this year he scored another goal on that move, I forgot who that was against, he should stop doing that move for the rest of the season, his quota is filled :nod:

troyerlaw

Life is party again
Dec 13, 2010
Los Angeles
Ovie tries that move like twice in every game, it works only twice per season, 99.999% of the time he just runs in to Dman and losses the puck, earlier this year he scored another goal on that move, I forgot who that was against, he should stop doing that move for the rest of the season, his quota is filled :nod:

he tried it twice in last night's game, and it worked both times

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
his best goal ever was disallowed. it was the goal where he put hal gill and the puck in the net with a massive hit. hal gill flying.

Brainiac

Registered Offender
Feb 17, 2013
Montreal
It's called the windmill deke. Everyone does it, not just Ovechkin. It's useful when it's the only way you can avoid the other guy's stick.

Yes, I know some other guys will do it as well. But with Ovie, it's the speed at which he does it. And the fact that he sometimes pass his stick very close to the defenseman's head.

Didn't he injure someone that way? IIRC he slashed a dman to the face a few years ago.

troyerlaw

Life is party again
Dec 13, 2010
Los Angeles
his best goal ever was disallowed. it was the goal where he put hal gill and the puck in the net with a massive hit. hal gill flying.

this.

the so-called Hood Ornament goal. (as in Hal Gill was Ovie's hood ornament.)

wrongfully disallowed, too. it was a legal hit on a player when the puck was in that player's skates. or, as Pierre said, "i don't know how they cannot rule it a goal." and NHL subsequently ruled, in similar situations, that a legal check which causes a player to hit his own goalie does not invalidate a goal.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p4MiMm5U6W8

worth noting the goal would have given Ovie a share of yet another Richard Trophy, to add to his current collection of four.

bWo*

Yes, I know some other guys will do it as well. But with Ovie, it's the speed at which he does it. And the fact that he sometimes pass his stick very close to the defenseman's head.

Didn't he injure someone that way? IIRC he slashed a dman to the face a few years ago.

Why don't they stop skating too? Zednik and malarchuk ggot injured because of them

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland

ABSOLUTELY!

Cost him a share of the Richard that year and I have never forgotten that. ;)

And it was a horrible (and wrong) call.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->