Ovechkin's GOTY Submission

SenzZen

RIP, GOAT
Jan 31, 2011
Ottawa
That was filthy.

Still Tarasenko for me, though.

I still don't like that move of his when he rapidly moves his stick over the defensmen's head. Looks good, of course, but a little dangerous.

Really? How many times did you watch the move before you found that to take issue with?

It's called the windmill deke. Everyone does it, not just Ovechkin. It's useful when it's the only way you can avoid the other guy's stick.

I can't decide which one I like the best between Tarasenko, Ryan and Ovi's goal.

Waiting for Canadianguy77 to give us his opinion.

Who calls it that?

PRicci09

Jan 17, 2013
Goal of the year in my opinion.

Definitely wouldn't argue with anyone who says Ryan or Tarasenko's though. All 3 are spectacular.

Billy Mays Here*

I like how he dives on purpose to make the back hand even more epic.

Blufreezy

May 1, 2013
Have you guys never seen a toe drag before? This goal really wasn't that nice as far as GOTY goes. Average at best. Second guy there (who never really had a chance anyways) makes it seem prettier to the blind, I suppose.

Not that it wasn't nice or anything, but it's far, far from the best.

illpucks

May 26, 2011
This is quite honestly the silliest I've seen a player make the defenders look since

RyanGoalShorter85785.gif

chrjosric

Feb 7, 2011
This is quite honestly the silliest I've seen a player make the defenders look since

I'l agree with you on that. I wouldn't argue against anyone calling it the GOTY, but in my opinion Ovi's goal was just sooo silky

illpucks

May 26, 2011
I'l agree with you on that. I wouldn't argue against anyone calling it the GOTY, but in my opinion Ovi's goal was just sooo silky

It was GOTY a few seasons back...Ryan is now on the Sens.

But this is likely the best goal since then.

Burakovsky95*

Have you guys never seen a toe drag before? This goal really wasn't that nice as far as GOTY goes. Average at best. Second guy there (who never really had a chance anyways) makes it seem prettier to the blind, I suppose.

Not that it wasn't nice or anything, but it's far, far from the best.

Had to be that guy right?

illpucks

May 26, 2011
Ah yeah I know my bad I didn't even realize the team.. crazy 2011 flashback. They are oddly similar.

Yup. Here's the full vid of that goal

One of the best goals ever. Similar embarrassment of the D.

It's really too bad that Ovechkin didn't score this in Washington cuz he would have brought the house down!

Acallabeth

Heart ablaze
Jul 30, 2011
Moscow
Yeah, that was pretty.
There's something in Ovechkin's between the legs toe drag that just makes it even flashier.

BackToTheBasics

Dec 26, 2013
I hate how everyone forgets this goal. One of the nicest goal I've ever seen and much nicer than the overrated Phoenix goal.

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
Yup. Here's the full vid of that goal

One of the best goals ever. Similar embarrassment of the D.

It's really too bad that Ovechkin didn't score this in Washington cuz he would have brought the house down!

I still don't see how this was embarassing. Legwand had no stick

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->